IS IT GETTING MEAN AROUND HERE??

farmerman

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 03:43 am
@Ionus,

Out of some weird sense of respct for what you said about your own delicate health conditions, I am not going to post your PM reply to me AFTER I CLEARED UP YOUR MISUNDERSTANDINGS ABOUT dinosaurs and DNA and how Trex IS NOT a direct ancestor of a chicken.
I wont post it but if you continue with your obsessive insistence, Ill reconsider
I didnt ,make ANY mistake in my information to you. You seem to read comic books and rely on popular science writers, not real science journals.
PS-as a heads up, your apologetic PM was sent on MARCH 11 2010.
farmerman

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 04:04 am
@Ionus,
As far as "taking any of your information seriously", I must also remind you of your posts where you were verbally assaulting my intellegence for using a term "NeoArchean"( which is the actual name of the Upper Archean period of the PreCambrian [from 2.8 to 2.5 bybp]).
I think thatwas the time that I jut ignored you for good [until you returned in 2014].

For some reason you believe that,for some reason "I fear you". You gotta be a nut case to believe that. You are like some old street person who stands at corners and yells obsenities at traffic. Quite the contrary, Id like to discuss things with you but you seem to take intellectual disagreements as personal attacks.
Ive seen how youve attacked everyone here , and your use of words of insult range from misogynisic, disrespectful, to downright crazy.

I think Im gonna ignore you .Not because of any perceived "fear of your intellectual might", but just to be free of being constantly reminded of the alternative plane of reality on which you dwell. (I dont wanna go there any more)
Ionus

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 04:58 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Of course, if you just enjoy watching him continue to prove himself unethical...keep him going. In a perverse way, it is fun to watch.
Of course all that crap is your opinion . You decided you were right, you decide I was wrong and the rest follows if you are old and belligerent . Clearly if you think you were right and I dont immediately say "Of course ! Now I see my error!" then I lack ethics . If you knew anything at all about ethics, you would know how wrong you are .

I dont see anything fun in you making a fool of yourself in this thread any more than I did the other one . I'm just sorry you missed your chance to grow into a mature adult .

Your posts are so important that you put them in bold . Self aggrandisement, much ?
Ionus

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 05:11 am
@farmerman,
I said :
Quote:
I read the opinion of an expert - Dr Schwietzer. I made the comment that it is possible that Trex is related to chickens. There are other fields where this is also expressed. I always had high regard for you, and when you said about the DNA on another thread, I defferred because of your expertese. I didnt expect that to be used against me. I will continue to respect your opinion because you clearly are an expert which is why I was baffled that you didnt understand what I was saying. I still dont think I said anything wrong. If you wish to restrict this forum to only experts in a particular field, then start your own forum.

I was not being rude when I suggested your health might be suffering still. As a (former) leader of soldiers, I can respect someone, worry for them and still not like them.
You followed with :
Quote:
MAry never said that proteins require DNA to form. Thats just crap , and it got her and Asara into a bit of a flap on this very subject. When Schweitzer and Johhn Horner sent out the ground up material from the T Rex, they chose Asara at HArvard cause he did a lot of protein sequencing on ostriches. WHen the stuff was sequenced, It wound up matching

1Frogs and newts
2Chickens
3Ostriches.

The work was then published (TOO quickly in my mind) and a real maverick bioinformatics guy named Pav Pevner who took no prisoners. Pevzner railed that the spectra (Asara used a mass spec) were "too clean". There werenet the sequences of junk information that paired the v arious pepetides. (They actually found 8 pepetides and several of these matched the OSTRICHES not chickens). What you didnt know and where I like us to be precise in our talks is that the peptides tha ID'd ostriches was probably contamination from previously run sequences of ostrich protein. When the comments appeared in NAture by PEvzner and some others, they included an article that claimed to ahve found dino DNA in the mid 1990's. That article, it later turned out was a raging fake that was underwitten by someone associated with the entertainment industry . (WAs it marketing for Jurassic Park II?). Its been quietly covered over these years.

This is all part of a relatively new field called paleoproteomics which, even till today is like gangland Chicago in the 1920's. There is much "reputation protection" and "career enhancement" being done and several magazines that are willing to publish **** in the hopes that some of it sticks. The editorial boards of several journals will be shaken up over several bad science articles on dinosaurs, DNA, global warming, and cancer. SO
when I got torqued off at you for using the DNA connection I was treating you like another colleague and not an interested lay person who wouldnt be familiar with all the internescine garnbage that has gone on in the last 5 years or so .
Joun Asara refused to release his spectra and that tipped off the Pevzners that maybe all the hoo haw was nothing mopre than contamination of bad peptides because the mineralization in the Hell Creek Formation is loaded with phosphate rock (called apatite) which, when treated with various enzymes (based on an assumption that proteins ARE actiually there) maybe created the glycine, and alanine in ratios that parroted living connective tissue. The actual cells found(and this was never published) was OSTRICH HAEMOGLOBIN. So Pevzner went back and forth after Horner, Schweitzer, and Asara,.

So, when they found a HAdrosur in 2006 and , after the big flap began, they actually resequenced the connective tissus from a HAdrosaur on a BRAND SPANKIN NEW MASS SPEC, which could hve no previous contamination. They did (hallelujiah) manage to sequence REAL peptides and then Pevzner joined in to use his own statistical sequencing programs to mathematically reconstruct the proteins, and these matched the birds I stated. They also lost the frog peptides and had some of the necessary "junk" that got Pevzner suspicious to begin with.

ASO, what does this have to do with us?
You couldnt possibly be part of any University team whose been nitpicking on SChweitzers work because you openly accepted the chicken association without any comment

I jumped on the DNA connection because Mary was misquoted in print several times about proteins and DNA . Her only refutation was to state emphatically that peptide sequences were successfully detected because (when questeioned about DNA, proteins were there first and they also reside longer than DNA because they dont ahve phophorylated connections .and no evidence of the GACT seuences wre ever mentioned or detected).

SHe speaks from the heart and hates it when misquotes are made that appear in magazined=s that are sold for public display. My own publications have always had to do with rare earth elelnts and several strategic metals. Ive alway had several groups of readers before publication and What Horner et al did, was t get all hopped up about a "quick publish" figuing their data was fully rigorous. It wasnt.

Proteins predate DNA. thexNA family was an artifact of a complexifying life sequence that occured in the Phanerozoic and production of peptides like glycine and alanine (two rel simple proteins) were the pre building blocks of life a billion years before anyone even thought of RNA

Quote:
Out of some weird sense of respct for what you said about your own delicate health conditions, I am not going to post your PM reply to me AFTER I CLEARED UP YOUR MISUNDERSTANDINGS ABOUT dinosaurs and DNA and how Trex IS NOT a direct ancestor of a chicken.
I wont post it but if you continue with your obsessive insistence, Ill reconsider
I didnt ,make ANY mistake in my information to you.
Aww...he does care... you are a low life . Now you do what you like, your fan club doesnt read your posts anyway but NEVER threaten me again .

You know what you are saying here ? That it is impossible for T-rex to be related to chickens . Why is that ?
Ionus

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 05:15 am
@farmerman,
I would also remind YOU that your spelling of "NeoArchean" was so atrocious as to make the word unrecognisable . I recognise you have delicate health issues and psychological problems but tell everyone the real reason you cant use a spell checker ....if you continue to be your standard abusive ammoral self, then I will tell them .
farmerman

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 05:23 am
@Ionus,
Another bald faced assrtion (nd lie). You didnt "correct my spelling" youtried to argue that I mde up the word. Cmon ,try to be honest.

However, I notice you didnt post your own apology PM after I explaind those "facts" about there not being any T Rex DNA.
As far as health problems, I have some inconveniences , but nothing that I expect any deferences from. If I misspell , I misspell, If you dont buy my excuse, well, so what? You seem to dwell on a need for pity so you keep reminding us of your own "delicate condition" (as if your service was any more ridiculous than mine)

You did correct my spelling of Pliocene , to which I acknowledged the mistake.
farmerman

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 05:25 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
but tell everyone the real reason you cant use a spell checker
Please, you have my permission to tell all.
I cant recall .
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 05:38 am
@Ionus,
what I said
Quote:
Trex IS NOT a direct ancestor of a chicken.

what you make believe I said
Quote:
You know what you are saying here ? That it is impossible for T-rex to be related to chickens . Why is that

Are you unfamiliar with the intended precision of language.
farmerman

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 05:53 am
@Ionus,
Quote:

I would also remind YOU that your spelling of "NeoArchean" was so atrocious

PS, the first "A" is NOT capitalized , its all one word.
Ionus

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 05:58 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Another bald faced assrtion (nd lie). You didnt "correct my spelling" youtried to argue that I mde up the word. Cmon ,try to be honest.
That is correct, the word was unrecognisable . Perhaps you can show me where I said I tried to correct your spelling or is this another example of your failure to understand ?

Quote:
you keep reminding us of your own "delicate condition"
Do I ? Can you show me where because you seem to be the one obsessed with it .

Quote:
You did correct my spelling of Pliocene , to which I acknowledged the mistake.
We all make spelling mistakes and I have never discounted someone's argument because of them, including yours . On occasion it is necessary to confirm what word is meant . If I ask for a correct spelling it is simply to ensure I know what we are talking about (eg Pliocene, Miocene, Pleistocene). I rarely have to do that .

0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 06:03 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
what I said
Quote:

what you make believe I said
Quote:
You know what you are saying here ? That it is impossible for T-rex to be related to chickens . Why is that
Are you unfamiliar with the intended precision of language.
Do you see a difference between something IS NOT and is impossible ? What exactly do you think a relative is ?
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 06:06 am
@farmerman,
You said :
Quote:
I must also remind you of your posts where you were verbally assaulting my intellegence for using a term "NeoArchean"

Quote:
Quote:
I would also remind YOU that your spelling of "NeoArchean" was so atrocious
PS, the first "A" is NOT capitalized , its all one word.

I know that...do you ? I was using your incorrect spelling .
farmerman

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 08:27 am
@Ionus,
riiggggggghhhhhhtttt.
When you were trying to make believe you knew of what you spoke about to me several years ago, you denied that the word NeoArchean even existed (or,Neoarchean as we now spell it after ed 5 of the AGI Glossary of Geology) (You impugned that I somehow made the word NeoArchean up because it meant "new"-"OLD"). Today youre trying to make the readers believe that you were just waiting to correct my spelling. That must mean that, in the ensuing 5 years, youve done some reading eh?

You are a sad little man with all your name calling and intellectual dihonesty. I hope all your attempts at puffery are worth it.However, I dont think that you fool many people.

Ionus

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 08:29 am
@farmerman,
Can you reproduce the post ? What you said just jiggled my memory .
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 08:34 am
@farmerman,
Never mind, I found it . I can only say that it was at the height of our mutual animosity and I was out to get you riled . I can not remember all of my motivation but I can remember enough to give you my apology . I am sorry for that piece of ignorance and any dispersion it cast on you with it .
farmerman

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 08:42 am
@Ionus,
Ok, accepted.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 08:46 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

what I said
Quote:

Reckon so.

https://vintagecookbooktrials.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/trex.jpg
farmerman

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 09:09 am
@izzythepush,
we have a porch decking material called TREX , perhaps it is made from those muffins after their "Sell by" date
izzythepush

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 09:13 am
@farmerman,
That's what I call a common ancestor.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 11:39 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Those days are gone I know. I mourn the demise of such civility.

So what happened?