IS IT GETTING MEAN AROUND HERE??

ossobuco

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2015 10:06 am
@Lordyaswas,
Many greats on that thread (I just reread it).
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2015 10:13 am
@Lordyaswas,
IMHO, the sad part was that when OMSIG let us in on what's going on for him in his real life (a fire, a relocation to FL and his health stuff?) it made him quite human and sympathetic. I could care less about his gun issues. I wasn't one of the active debaters. He was passionate and always seemed to blow that horn no matter what.

But he also raised the flag about an individual's rights, as well.

My point here is that I don't need someone to agree with me or share my ideas. I applaud people being passionate about your ideas, ideals and relationships. But you got to find a balance point when you participate in discussions (or not). At some level, online forums might help some people develop that balance point or at least learn to be civil with those that disagree. And with others, not so much.

It's unfortunate to lose someone smart and articulate in the forum (if that's the case) but frankly, I think (if he's not having health issues), he just found a better activity to fill his time.
farmerman

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2015 10:59 am
@Ragman,
didnt know for sure about any health issues with OMSIG. Hope hes getting better.

Ragman

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2015 11:01 am
@farmerman,
In the back of my mind (not 100% recall) I sort of recall some mention of a health issue unless it was temporary thing. I do know there was something like some of us 'aging wonders' that might have had to do with that.
Olivier5

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2015 12:16 pm
@Lordyaswas,
I never saw a good, thoughtful post by ionus. To me he's just another right-wing idiot. Also he posted some ridiculous sh!t about France and that tends to aggravate me.

Who do you mean by Laurel and Hardy?
farmerman

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2015 06:17 pm
@Olivier5,
probably me and Set, we always fight.

Ionus has a habit of becoming increasingly strident nd borderline irrational towards the ends of his periods of "serial tenure". He starts out relatively friendly and even interesting. Then he gets into the name calling and automatic counter responses.(if you say red, he says blue)

Im thinking hes got some periodic affective thing going on.

as an aside, there will be a blog that the crew of L'Hermione will be using to track their voyage from France to "the colonies" this summer.
I want to follow the journey and(I hope its in a languge other than French)? Theres a site that is motly a money raising site hermione2015 .com. It includes a poor quality map of the voyage.

Imagine an 18th century knock-off galley with WIFI.
farmerman

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2015 06:20 pm
@Ragman,
Well hell, I think he was in his late 70's and still able to get it up.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2015 07:46 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
didnt know for sure about any health issues with OMSIG. Hope hes getting better.
I recall you wishing him dead, then when we picked you up on it, you tried to explain it away by saying only when the old generation of gun owners dies will we have change .
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2015 07:50 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
Also he posted some ridiculous sh!t about France
You mean the things you called me a liar about and then when I produced evidence you ran away and have been abusing me since ? That ridiculous merde ?

Everyone ! Sing The Marseillaise ! France has never done ANYTHING wrong ! EVER !

Orifice5fingers owes me an apology .
glitterbag

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2015 07:50 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Quote:
There is no need for anyone online to accept abuse.
Unless they disagree with you . Then you think it is justified . Now read the rest of your post and realise it is not based on one single fact about how I feel about women . You made it all up .

I've already pointed out why I see your comments to be insulting. I can't nor would I want to read you mind, I just don't believe you. Especially when you claim Izzy's posts as a man to be taken seriously. I also think you knew exactly what you were saying when you suggested it. That what I take from your own remarks, if you don't understand that your remarks are offensive I can't help you out. I find it less than truthful that you don't understand you have insulted people. That's because after reading your cocky bullshit and demands for facts, I think you are being a dick. But, that's my opinion of the way you communicate. I almost forgot, you're also very thin skinned for a man.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2015 07:52 pm
@Ionus,
I think you owe your mother an apology.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2015 07:52 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Ionus has a habit of becoming increasingly strident nd borderline
Do you mean when you insult me ? Of course I should play good lill doggy and do what you want . You are here to show everyone how clever you are, and are not about to take another 's opinion without being abusive .

Quote:
Im thinking hes got some periodic affective thing going on.
I dont drink . Do you, Grant ?
glitterbag

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2015 07:53 pm
@Ionus,
Maybe you should drink, loosen up your tight ass.
Ionus

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2015 08:01 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Especially when you claim Izzy's posts as a man to be taken seriously.
You cant read can you ? Twice I pointed out you stated that, I asked the question . Still dont get it do you ? You are doing it and accusing me of it .

Quote:
I find it less than truthful that you don't understand you have insulted people.
Unbelievable ! Will you lecture your friends who have insulted me ? Of course you wont . You are just a biased self opinionated hypocrite .

Quote:
That's because after reading your cocky bullshit and demands for facts
The nerve of me...demanding facts...I should just say yes ma'am, anything you say ma'am, may I lick your boots ma'am...then you would say I like Ionus, he's a knowledgeable lad .

Quote:
I think you are being a dick
Are you so stupid and up yourself you cant see your comments are ...how did you put it ?
Quote:
your remarks are offensive ....your cocky bullshit ....I see your comments to be insulting

Quote:
you're also very thin skinned for a man
Maybe I'm a bitch like others here ?

You people are either the dumbest shits on the internet and are used to insulting people and getting away with it, or this is some data collection site for a experiment .

0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2015 08:02 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Maybe you should drink, loosen up your tight ass.
Yeah, I'm not an arse-sexual but thanks for the experienced advice .
glitterbag

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2015 08:13 pm
@Ionus,
Do you have access to the internet in prison? Just wondering why your communication skills are so warped.

Now, all the other people who Ionus thinks insulted him, tell him your sorry.

Does that help, snookums. I'll try and keep the big bad men in line, they shouldn't try and hurt your feelings. But, hey they are guys, they like it when they make hot heads go full bitch mode.

Now, do you have any other demands that must be meet? I don't want you to go away mad.
farmerman

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2015 08:27 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
I dont drink . Do you, Grant ?
Actually Grant was not an alcoholic or even a heavy drinker.

As far as "who shot John". Youre on a tear calling EVERYBODY insulting names. Do you deny tht? If you think that you are engaging in classical debate, then you are deluding yourself. You are engaged primarily in name calling and insult shouting.

Do you know me at all?
My special names that you gave me started when I laughed down one of your assertions about DNA from dinosaurs. After that I became Gomer and then you called me a drunk and then I became affected by Alzheimers. This has been a common feature of yours as you go on .It appears that your only debate skill is to eventually bully everybody that you talk with.DID THAT EVEN OCCUR TO YOU?
So I expect that you will soon disappear for a year or so and then youll show up and start all over with the insults and bullying .

When people say youve got a problem, trust me, they are making objective observations.

oralloy

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2015 08:43 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Youre on a tear calling EVERYBODY insulting names. Do you deny tht? If you think that you are engaging in classical debate, then you are deluding yourself. You are engaged primarily in name calling and insult shouting.

You are actually complaining about other people's name-calling?

Talk about hypocrisy. You are about the worst offender on a2k when it comes to childish name-calling.

I don't feel like digging through old posts, but it would not surprise me a bit to learn that any insults from Ionus were merely retaliation for something that you started.
Ionus

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2015 08:46 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Youre on a tear calling EVERYBODY insulting names.
Dont exaggerate . Its hard to take you seriously as it is .

Quote:
It appears that your only debate skill is to eventually bully everybody that you talk with
How blind to your own vices can one person be...you never insulted me, it was always "hey look..a different opinion ! I shall embrace humanity and agree to differ..." you are a legend in your own mind .

Quote:
I laughed down one of your assertions about DNA from dinosaurs
Even now the bullshit continues . I was polite with your errors about ancient sailors and it backfired by you turning into a belligerent prick . It wasnt my assertions, it was an article . And yes, you did laugh because you are vulnerable and frightened .

Quote:
When people say youve got a problem, trust me, they are making objective observations.
Never mind the splinter in my eye, remove the log from yours .

People never blame themselves . Hitler blamed the German people . Al Capone thought he was providing a public service . You think you are polite and friendly .
Ionus

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2015 08:58 pm
So....how many fools are there here who expect to be worshipped for their marvellous opinion and extraordinary views ? They get a little agitated and they start insulting . They are used to picking on the regulars who let them walk away sneering with pomposity, but if someone like myself gives them some back then they are all proper and demand to know how someone could be so rude . Rolling Eyes

This is either a psyche experiment or the world's finest collection of bombastic, self centred, self opinionated hypocrites . I dont care if you have your little club based on swinging . I dont care if you thumb down without even reading a post . You are frightened pathetic little creatures and if I abuse you then you started it and most certainly deserve it . You just dont like getting it back with interest, you poor pitiful little dears . Crying or Very sad
0 Replies