Jargon Pot Luck. Please bring something that sounds erudite.

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2015 05:43 am
Another gem by the master:

Quote:
You know how you are sensitized to hearing your own name in somebody else's conversation across the room ? Well I suggest your own interest in "informational epistemology" has sensitized you to the word "programmed" with all the trappings that you wish to bring to it.
I am using it to denote a structural stage in an autopoietic (living) system which such systems inherit genetically by virtue of successful survival of their "parents" who utilized that structure. I do not require "cause" for the emergence of autopoietic systems or what we define as their stages of structure, since the principle of "spontaneous emergence" has been established elsewhere. (Prigogine)

http://able2know.org/topic/271703-5#post-5923105
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2015 09:54 am
I'd love to join y'all for a round of ritualistically redundant ripostes but I don't think I understand yet how this effectively erudite effort is supposed to be done. Mo' bettah instructions needed here for this less than lexicographically liberated literary libertine.
timur

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2015 01:41 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Pachyglossal people will think this is just floccinaucinihilipilification but the intrinsic value of glossology transcends the mere jocularity and merriment.

Just throw in your lucubrations.
neologist

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2015 04:23 pm
@timur,
Never would I have floccinaucinihilipilificated or considered as pharisaical your effulgent, though flexiloquent, fecundity, er facundity.
firefly

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2015 04:39 pm
@neologist,
You may not have floccinaucinihilipilificated, but the recent emergence of noxious olfactory stimulation compels me to non-rhetorically ask, "Who farted?"
neologist

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2015 04:45 pm
@firefly,
I fear the putrescence of the foul flatus.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2015 08:43 pm
@neologist,
It must be something in the air, an arrogated fume-like specter like Phil.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2015 09:23 pm
Can we just extirpate the circumlocution?
Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2015 09:27 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Can we just extirpate the circumlocution?

That, and eschew all the semantic sequences.
roger

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2015 10:10 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Uh.....Okay.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2015 01:01 pm
Another gem from The Cobbler:
http://able2know.org/topic/270653-11#post-5924221
Quote:
Obfuscation of God is the fault of "the word" and other religious instruments used to portray fables rather than a more natural religious panthea based upon science and reason should shine through.
Got a few positive thumbs, so it must be erudite.
timur

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2015 01:22 pm
@neologist,
Well, that's what happens when a thread is governed by a kakistocracy..
neologist

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2015 01:38 pm
@timur,
From World Wide Words
Quote:
The American poet James Russell Lowell wrote in a letter in 1876: "What fills me with doubt and dismay is the degradation of the moral tone. Is it or is it not a result of democracy? Is ours a “government of the people, by the people, for the people,” or a Kakistocracy, rather for the benefit of knaves at the cost of fools.
Subject of another thread?
neologist

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2015 01:41 pm
@timur,
As fast as you come up with these, I nominate you the a2k wordsmith.

And I see where a galinacious gaggle of groupies has gathered on the atheism thread.
0 Replies

timur

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2015 01:49 pm
@neologist,
My comment was directed to the other thread, not yours.

Someone was saying lately that I've been being carnaptious but it's a misconception.

glitterbag

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2015 10:45 pm
@timur,
Well, it's off putting when some attempts to cerebrizilize your factoids, if one cannot coagulate the actuary of your truth, I think they should have their Websters Novel confiscated until they recognize the erroneous concept of futilitizing their contour of real stuff.
timur

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2015 06:22 am
@glitterbag,
That can be but I'm only here to accourt myself and some of my animastic friends.

In the other threads, where the subject is anent to acosmism and its opposite, I deal with altisonant discoursers that became deaf by anapeiratic penial stimulation.

Some of those, whose sexual life is to such reduced, even have the audacity to call me anorchous. Little they know..

Such tosh, written totidem verbis, leaves me sometimes tosticated.

In the end, it's my ridibund nature that prevails.

PS - I'd like to know more about Websters Novel..
Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2015 10:22 am
@timur,
timur wrote:

PS - I'd like to know more about Websters Novel..

I think Glitter meant to say 'Webster's hovel.' Or, perhaps, 'Western navel.'
firefly

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2015 07:39 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Actually, I think she meant Webster's Shovel, referring to the specialized linguistic/cognitive cerebral implement used to dig into the dictionary to come up with erudite sounding jargon.

Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2015 09:44 am
@firefly,
Were it not for the disturbingly distinctive definitions derived from the Funkin' Wagnall's esoteric -- not to mention erotic -- entries and entities entered in entertaining, yet enigmatic, form herein, I . . .uh . . .er . . . seem to hev lost my thread of . . .