What's your dream car?

Slappy Doo Hoo

Thu 6 Nov, 2003 05:02 pm
I may be buying one of my dream cars very shortly, can't believe it...although the one I'm driving now used to be one of my dream cars...

Wow, this an old post now. I was talking about some chick driving my car. She's looooong gone.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Thu 6 Nov, 2003 08:48 pm
I always liked the idea of fixing Slappy's chick up with a Yugo.

then he could say 'Yugo girl!'
0 Replies

ossobuco

Thu 6 Nov, 2003 10:37 pm
My dream car?

I forget...
0 Replies

SealPoet

Fri 7 Nov, 2003 05:53 am
(One that starts, goes, stops when I want, and sips gas. I'd get a hybrid, but I want to wait five years to see what happens to the first generation when they start needing new batteries...)
0 Replies

user

Fri 7 Nov, 2003 07:14 am
Oh ya those hybrid cars. It's the Prius stuff isn't it?
Looks pretty gas saving to me.
Unfortunately I can't remember the facts I recall having once read in an issue of Time, but at least I told you about my two cents.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Fri 7 Nov, 2003 02:42 pm
The new Honda Civic Hybrid looks just like a regular Civic. Very nice.
0 Replies

littlek

Fri 7 Nov, 2003 06:34 pm
A motorcycle.

Otherwise, a gas-electric hybrid.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Fri 7 Nov, 2003 07:54 pm
OK, I remembered, here's one of mine -
Ferrari Berlinetta

I wouldn't mind this either, like the burgundy one part way down the page.
Alfa Romeo Spyder
0 Replies

urs53

Sun 9 Nov, 2003 05:31 am
Ecxellent choice, ossobuco! That Alfa Romeo page shows the car I would like to buy next - the 147 GTA. I am driving the regular 147 at the moment and the GTA is VERY tempting :-)
0 Replies

Jim

Sun 9 Nov, 2003 06:03 am
Someone around the corner from us has a red BMW Z3. Now that's a smart looking car. I just can't see working here an extra five months or so to be able to afford one.
0 Replies

Pitter

Sun 9 Nov, 2003 07:25 am
I can't decide between an Aro Carpati and a Bejing Jeep.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Sun 9 Nov, 2003 07:54 am
Jim wrote:
Someone around the corner from us has a red BMW Z3. Now that's a smart looking car. I just can't see working here an extra five months or so to be able to afford one.

.... especially, since it's an oldie :wink:
(you can buy the Z4 since two years now)
0 Replies

user

Sun 9 Nov, 2003 08:13 am
Isn't the Z4 the latest model...released not long ago?
Are you refering to the Z8? I think that one has been on the market for quite some time.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Sun 9 Nov, 2003 08:54 am
The Z4 is the the follower-up to the Z3: was first shown (officially) at the Paris Motor Show in September last year and is on sale since ... at least a couple of months.
0 Replies

user

Sun 9 Nov, 2003 02:48 pm
Ya sorry didn't want to disagree with your statement on the age of the Z3, that is it's an oldie just as you mentioned.
I thought you were talking about the Z8 when saying it has been on the market for about two years because I remember having watched a TV show reporting its production has phased out.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Sun 9 Nov, 2003 06:07 pm
I guess I gave the home page link on Alfas. Under history, I then clicked on Spider Duetto; those are the ones I am charmed by..
0 Replies

Tartarin

Sun 9 Nov, 2003 06:22 pm
I think I have my dream car -- my new Honda CRV. Can't think of anything I want more, unless it's an unseen, unpaid personage who sneaks into my car every night and cleans out the inside leaving a fresh, non-doggy smell.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Mon 10 Nov, 2003 12:26 pm
I'm planning to buy a Prius when my ship comes in, which is supposed to happen in a month or so. It's gotten great reviews, and the battery kicks in during in-town driving, which is mostly what I do.

Then I'll be trendy like Keanu Reeves. Doesn't he drive one of those?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Mon 10 Nov, 2003 01:09 pm
How the hell is one of those hybrid cars someone's "dream car?" They're just econoboxes that are unexciting to look at and drive. Do you really "dream" about saving gas?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Mon 10 Nov, 2003 01:21 pm
These are pretty cool:

http://www.angelfire.com/film/auto_photo_gallery_4/MINI_COOPER/MINI_Cooper_12.jpg

But for a real "dream car":

http://www.angelfire.com/film/auto_photo_gallery/ASTON_MARTIN_V12_Vanquish/ASTON_MARTIN_V12_Vanquish_6.jpg
0 Replies