What's your dream car?

farmerman

Thu 21 Jan, 2021 10:17 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
I need the bigass wheeled UNIMOG. Has to have really loose Iindependent suspension, I wonder if its gonna come out as an electric vehicle??
0 Replies

farmerman

Thu 21 Jan, 2021 10:18 pm
@oralloy,
never hear of a Camaro in Nurbergring do you?
oralloy

Thu 21 Jan, 2021 10:31 pm
@farmerman,
Nurburgring:

Ferrari Enzo: 7:25.21

Ferrari 488 GTB: 7:21.63

Porsche 911 GT2 RS: 7:18.00

2018 Camaro with a pushrod V8 and a manual transmission: 7:16.04

farmerman

Thu 21 Jan, 2021 10:39 pm
@oralloy,
Thats hot heels ****. Americans have always been a nation of circle burner lovers. PUT a chevy in a real race, not a sports car drag race for one or two laps.

oralloy

Thu 21 Jan, 2021 10:42 pm
@farmerman,
You asked for Nurburgring. That's Nurburgring.

That said, I wouldn't mind seeing races of legitimate sports cars that are identical to what people can buy from the dealer if they have enough money.

NASCAR used to be that, back in the day, but somewhere along the way they lost their soul. Their "stock" cars certainly aren't stock anymore.

I think the Europeans make some attempts at what they call GT racing, but their racing leagues keep failing. I'm not sure what they have at the moment.
oralloy

Thu 21 Jan, 2021 10:48 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
we will al be doin it in elctric cars within 15 years at most.

Not I, if I win the lottery and buy my dream car.

And speaking of winning the lottery, the Mega Millions jackpot is about to hit a billion dollars.
0 Replies

farmerman

Thu 21 Jan, 2021 11:10 pm
@oralloy,
Ford GT' ere banned after a few yrs in the early 70;s. They copied the AC Bristol Body an stuck everything but a nuke in that sucker. Then came the short but explosive years of the turbine engines.
I used to rent Mazda turbine cars at the San Francisco AP and then drive at light speed up the 5 all the way to Redding. Thats the equivalnt of driving from Philaelphiia to Boston on a limited access hiway.
I still think they do midnite racing on the 5 near Stockton

Nowadays a car is a work vehicle and a back woods truck. I like some of the designs.
I really think the later Corvette are designed by a committee of snowmobile builders

oralloy

Fri 22 Jan, 2021 04:21 am
@farmerman,
One good thing about the mid-engine Corvette is GM stopped sabotaging the Camaro's performance like they used to do when both cars had the engine in front.

That's why the current generation Camaros are so amazing.
farmerman

Fri 22 Jan, 2021 06:39 am
@oralloy,
Anything from Consumr Reports as to where they stand from a durability and body integrity point??
Camaros were always a laugh a minute as you could watch em blow up and disassemble as they drove.
I always put em in the same class as the Rang Rover "if it dont leak , it aint a Rover"
oralloy

Fri 22 Jan, 2021 06:55 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Anything from Consumr Reports as to where they stand from a durability and body integrity point??

I would expect so, but I have no idea where to find it.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Fri 22 Jan, 2021 06:54 pm
That's too bad, I think you just lost 2 IQ points.
MontereyJack

Sat 23 Jan, 2021 03:39 am
@glitterbag,
that'd put him back down to 2 digits
oralloy

Sat 23 Jan, 2021 03:44 am
@MontereyJack,
That's an outright lie, as my IQ is 170.

It's disappointing to see you resort to childish name-calling. Normally you don't do such stuff.

I guess it's true that every progressive is a bad guy.
MontereyJack

Sat 23 Jan, 2021 04:09 am
@oralloy,
I'm sure you believe that, but hose who've read your posts for years remain deeply dubious about the claim.
Below viewing threshold (view)
Sturgis

Sat 23 Jan, 2021 03:24 pm
@oralloy,
Rather obsessed there with your supposed IQ there aren't you? It's not good for your quivering mental health.
oralloy

Sat 23 Jan, 2021 04:33 pm
@Sturgis,
Wrong again. It is you and MJ and Glitterbag who keep revisiting the fact that I am smarter than the three of you.
MontereyJack

Sat 23 Jan, 2021 06:35 pm
@oralloy,
More narcissistic than we are, certainly. Smarter is another question. If hou're so smart, why are your ;posts so dumb?
Below viewing threshold (view)