So, Any thoughts on Bibi Netantahu's address to Congress

Chumly

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2015 09:21 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:
I don't want any more tax dollars sent to Israel until there is a genuinely free and independent Palestine.
You are delusional if you believe that will ever happen, in fact there has never been a so-called "genuinely free and independent" republic in history of mankind and I'll argue there will never will be in absolute terms (let alone reasonably relative terms).

As things stand, supporting Israel is the best of the worst given the obscene global influences of the abrahamic religions, plus Middle East oil-money, plus the huge number of Middle East ignorant militaristic religionists, plus the innumerable corrupt Middle East theocracies.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2015 09:27 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush have all used executive orders without consulting with Congress. That's why its called an "executive order". The President is the Chief Executive of the Executive Branch. Congress is the Legislative Branch. Two points if you can name the branch the SCOTUS represents.

Why didn't you pay attention in civics class? Too busy drawing floor plans for your first dungeon?

So now we know that you dont have a problem with Congress having Bibi in without consulting Obama. Considering your ill informed and rabid hate of R's this is somewhat amazing.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2015 09:28 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
If you having trouble understanding the thrust of my thread you can ask me a question.
Provide the evidence for your rhetorical presupposition. If you cannot, then there is no reason for me to consider that your post has merit, and I would then suggest that you direct your drivel to those that may appreciate it.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2015 09:47 pm
Democrats on Netanyahu’s Speech: Bibi’s Never Seen a War He Doesn’t Want the U.S. to Fight
Rep. Jared Huffman of California, who attended the speech, accused the prime minister of trying to push the United States into war.

“This is a prime minister who’s never seen a war he didn’t want our country to fight,” Huffman said, adding that diplomats negotiating with Iran shouldn’t be distracted by Netanyahu’s address.

Rep. Jan Schakowsky, a liberal Illinois Democrat, suggested Netanyahu’s credibility is suspect because he also backed the 2003 war in Iraq.

“What I heard today felt to me like an effort to stampede the United States into war once again,” she said.

Another Democrat compared Netanyahu to George W. Bush’s former vice president. “This speech was straight out of the Dick Cheney playbook,” said Kentucky Rep. John Yarmuth. “It was fear-mongering at its ultimate.”

more:
http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2015/03/03/netanyahu_s_speech_to_congress_democrats_react_to_bibi_s_message_on_iran.html?wpsrc=sh_all_tab_fb_top
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2015 09:48 pm
Americans Rally Around The President As Obama Approval Jumps 5 Points Thanks To Netanyahu / Boehner
From February 26-28, President Obama’s approval rating was 44% in the Gallup Daily Tracking Poll. The president’s disapproval rating was 51%. Once Netanyahu’s arrived in the United States, President Obama’s approval rating jumped to 49%, and his disapproval rating fell to 47%.

There were signs that the Republican handling of the Netanyahu invitation was not playing well with many Americans. An NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll released yesterday found that by a margin of 48%-30%, registered voters said that John Boehner should have talked to President Obama before inviting Netanyahu.

A February 17, CNN poll found overwhelming opposition to the way that Speaker Boehner handled the invitation. Sixty-three percent of respondents felt that it was a bad move for Boehner to invite Netanyahu without giving Obama a head’s up, and only 52% of Republicans supported Boehner not notifying Obama first before inviting Netanyahu.

The Netanyahu speech has not worked out the way that Republicans had hoped it would. Speaker Boehner invited Netanyahu as a power play that was designed to get congressional Republicans back on track after a disastrous first few months in the majority. It appears that the speech has done the exact opposite.

http://www.politicususa.com/2015/03/03/americans-rally-president-obama-approval-jumps-5-points-netanyahu.html

See also: Majority of Americans oppose Netanyahu invite

http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/17/politics/poll-netanyahu-speech-opposition/index.html
0 Replies

NSFW (view)
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2015 09:55 pm
@glitterbag,
Sorry for my part in derailing it.
NSFW (view)
glitterbag

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2015 10:29 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Ally? How do you explain the U S S Liberty? Surely you dont buy into that accident bull shyt?

Of course I'm unhappy about the USS Liberty, did you forget what I did for a living.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2015 10:33 pm
I still can say "Netanyahu sucks" without being anti Semite. Razz
glitterbag

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2015 10:51 pm
@edgarblythe,
I don't like Netanyahu, because he is an inflexible leader and I think he was out of line in France inviting European Jews to Israel during a show of unity. He's a self promoting hawk that has never seen a piece of land he doesn't think belongs to Israel. There are more capable people in Israel than Netanyahu, and he has no business sticking his nose into American political matters.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2015 10:59 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
There are more capable people in Israel than Netanyahu, and he has no business sticking his nose into American political matters.

So when hubby invites people over to the house without your permission you go postal on the guests, accuse them of butting into your family??!!

Why am I not surprised.

BiBi was the invited guest of Congress, the house of the people, thus of the American people. Leave it to a NSA creep to not understand this.
NSFW (view)
NSFW (view)
glitterbag

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2015 11:21 pm
@hawkeye10,
You didn't make a point. Did you honesty think I would address the nonsense of freaking out when guests are unexpected. I am not fluent in yahoo, maybe you can choose your words more carefully, I don't see a 'point'.
NSFW (view)
Chumly

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2015 11:36 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
Sorry for my part in derailing it.
It appears glitter bag deleted his needlessly angry post to me. I suppose he thought the better of if given it was full of cliché argumentum ad hominem directed specifically at me. I do not think I have ever chatted with him before, no great loss it would seem.
0 Replies

NSFW (view)
NSFW (view)
InfraBlue

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2015 11:43 pm
@Chumly,
Chumly wrote:
As things stand, supporting Israel is the best of the worst given the obscene global influences of the abrahamic religions, plus Middle East oil-money, plus the huge number of Middle East ignorant militaristic religionists, plus the innumerable corrupt Middle East theocracies.

Israel is on the other side of the same coin as those militaristic religionists and theocracies. The Zionists are militaristic ethnocentrists who oppress an entire people in order to maintain their ethnocracy.

Supporting Israel is the worst of all options given the fact that they will not be able to maintain the status quo in regard to their oppression of the Palestinian peoples for much longer. Instead of pursuing a truly democratic state that is egalitarian and pluralistic for all of the inhabitants of Palestine, their obdurateness in maintaining their oppressive regime guarantees its eventual violent destruction and it's replacement with one even worse than itself.