So, Any thoughts on Bibi Netantahu's address to Congress

RABEL222

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2015 08:32 pm
@korkamann,
Quote:
There are many prominent Jews speaking out against Netanyahu's untimely visit to speak before the US joint congress.

Which is why I emphysize that its Israel that I hate and not all Jews. Do you mind if I say I dont admire the European Jews who went to Israel so they could shoot the people whose land they steal?
NSFW (view)
RABEL222

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2015 08:46 pm
@Frank Apisa,
As long as Netanyahoo has Congress we, the US will be helpless to do anything to get Israel to back down. The best thing that could happen would be if Obama put his Veto in his back pocket where Israel is concerned, but it wont happen in this lifetime.
0 Replies

NSFW (view)
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2015 09:24 pm
@korkamann,
Quote:
One doesn't waste too much time arguing with that type of person unless one is desirous of running around in circles.

Or gets off on throwing punches at people they dont like.
0 Replies

korkamann

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2015 09:37 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Quote:
There are many prominent Jews speaking out against Netanyahu's untimely visit to speak before the US joint congress.

Which is why I emphasize that its Israel that I hate and not all Jews. Do you mind if I say I dont admire the European Jews who went to Israel so they could shoot the people whose land they steal?

I understand where you're coming from, Rabel. Many of us feel the same way. It was the Nazis who tried to annihilate all Jews in Europe, but it seems the Arabs, especially the Palestinians, are the ones to pay the price against their will. As Frank repeats often, there was relative peace in the area among all ethnic groups before 1948 when modern Israel was born. Since then there has been nothing but enduring conflicts and wars. Modern Israel is the cancer which ripples throughout the Middle East...all Israel's neighbors want the country gone. Israel's enemies now hate the US because they know America props up Israel, giving the Zionist nation the military edge and blocking all resolutions against the nation in the UN. Arabs have long memories and I predict in the finality...future generations from now, they will take back that which once belonged to them and or there will be one nation for all, Jews and Arabs alike.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2015 04:41 am
@korkamann,
korkamann wrote:
Arabs have long memories and I predict in the finality...future generations from now, they will take back that which once belonged to them and or there will be one nation for all, Jews and Arabs alike.

They're not going to forget this either. I've already posted this on another thread, but it seems appropriate here. If I was an Arabic speaking pupil at this school I might think that maybe Al Qaida has a point.

Quote:
A school in New York state has apologised after receiving complaints because a student recited the US Pledge of Allegiance in Arabic.

The school's foreign language department arranged for the pledge to be read in a different language each day for a week.

Complaints were received from people who lost family in Afghanistan and from Jewish parents, an official said.

Neither the US nor New York state has an official language.

The school district superintendant, Joan Carbone, told the Times Herald-Record newspaper that the Arabic pledge had "divided the school in half" and that she had received numerous complaints.

A statement from the district apologised "to any students, staff or community members who found this activity disrespectful" and said the reading was intended to "promote the fact that those who speak a language other than English still pledge to salute this great country".

An Arabic-speaking student read the pledge during morning announcements at Pine Bush High School in Pine Bush, New York, on Wednesday.

Officials said the school's foreign language department organised for different pledge translations to be read in celebration of National Foreign Language Week.

English only from now on

Many students reportedly shouted their disapproval during the recitation, and later complained on social media.

Later in the afternoon, the school's principal made a school-wide announcement to explain why the pledge was read in Arabic and to apologise to those who took offence.

Ms Carbone said the pledge would only be read in English in the future.

The school's student leader, Andrew Zink, who is in charge of the morning announcements, told the local newspapers that he knew the reading would attract controversy.

He permitted it to go forward, because he believed it was "the right thing to do".

"All Americans who value our nation's history of religious and ethnic diversity should be concerned" by the reaction and subsequent apology, said Sadyia Khalique, a spokeswoman for the New York chapter of the Council of American-Islamic Relations.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/31989874
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2015 07:19 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
There shouldn't be two nations there...there shouldn't even be one nation there. It was a much better, more peaceful place before there was one.

It is Israel's homeland. They have every right to be there.

Not sure what you mean by "It is Israel's homeland."

Jews have every right to be there. I question whether the state of Israel has the right to be there.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2015 07:21 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
Yeah, Jordan should take over with the assistance of the UN.

It will be a great pleasure for us to use our nuclear weapons to kill a billion Muslims should anyone ever attempt to make that happen.

Who is this "us" to whom you refer, Oralloy?
NSFW (view)
revelette2

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2015 08:55 am
We are almost left with nothing to say as nothing changed with the election, nothing appears to have changed in Washington, (I still I hope I am proved wrong, I hope if a vote for a Palestinian State comes up again in the UN, the US does not veto it at the very least.) and sadly for liberal Israelis, no change for them.

I wish something could be done about the hardliners in Palestine who seem to be as much a roadblock to peace as Israel. I can understand it, however, Israel was created and it is unrealistic to imagine all Jews who were not in Israel before Israel became a state will go back to their homeland. The way I see it since Israel will not accept a truly one state for all with completely equal rights and powers and perhaps even a changing of a name because they have not as much to gain as the Palestinians would.

The Palestinians would have much to gain if they at least had their own state as was accepted as a member state to all the international things (don't know to word it) as other states and given as much money and ways to defend themselves as other nations. As Oliver put it, an even playing field seems to keep a lid on violence. (not exact words) However, some way would have to be found to confine those in Palestine who only live to wipe out all Israel and do not really care about the peace process at all. I really don't see it happening either.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2015 09:23 am
After the Israeli election, Bibi has tried to walk back some of his promises to the hard liners. He said he is open to the idea of two separate states, but I call bullshit, Bibi insists they have to be the RIGHT kind of two states, apparently he wants to still control the entire area.

I think it's important to remember that Israel is not a member off NATO. It's considered a major non-NATO ally, with which we (and several other countries) have a strategic working relationship, we don't have a mutual defense pact, however Israel provides military and financial advantages not obtainable by NATO nations. This is all open source material, you can pull it up online.

One word of caution, when you do pull it up prepare to be shocked since so many nations that formerly comprised the Soviet block, have been allowed to join NATO. Also, membership is determined by NATO not the United States.
oralloy

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2015 09:34 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
oralloy wrote:
InfraBlue wrote:

It will be a great pleasure for us to use our nuclear weapons to kill a billion Muslims should anyone ever attempt to make that happen.

The United States of America.
oralloy

@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
oralloy wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
There shouldn't be two nations there...there shouldn't even be one nation there. It was a much better, more peaceful place before there was one.

The Israeli Jews are the indigenous population.

Frank Apisa wrote:
Jews have every right to be there. I question whether the state of Israel has the right to be there.[/b]

They very much have the right to be there.
oralloy

@korkamann,
korkamann wrote:
Arabs have long memories and I predict in the finality...future generations from now, they will take back that which once belonged to them and or there will be one nation for all, Jews and Arabs alike.

The Arabs will be wiped from the face of the planet before that will ever be allowed to happen.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2015 09:35 am
@oralloy,
Hey Usato. So what do you make of Bibi's rejection of any Palestinian state? You've been saying forever that Israel wants a two-state solution, while I argued forever that they didn't, and that they will never leave the west bank... Guess I was right and you were wrong.
oralloy

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2015 09:36 am
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:
I hope if a vote for a Palestinian State comes up again in the UN, the US does not veto it at the very least.

No land will be transferred to the Palestinians outside a peaceful negotiation process, so any Palestinian state created this way will be composed only of small isolated Bantustans.

Have fun squeezing in all the Palestinians. Looks like it'll be a tight fit.

revelette2 wrote:
I wish something could be done about the hardliners in Palestine who seem to be as much a roadblock to peace as Israel.

Israel is hardly a roadblock for peace.

revelette2 wrote:
it is unrealistic to imagine all Jews who were not in Israel before Israel became a state will go back to their homeland.

Those Jews are already in their homeland.

revelette2 wrote:
The Palestinians would have much to gain if they at least had their own state as was accepted as a member state to all the international things (don't know to word it) as other states and given as much money and ways to defend themselves as other nations.

Shame they didn't accept it when it was being offered.

revelette2 wrote:
However, some way would have to be found to confine those in Palestine who only live to wipe out all Israel and do not really care about the peace process at all.

That would be the entire Palestinian population.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2015 09:38 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
oralloy wrote:
InfraBlue wrote:

The United States of America.

So you think the United States would use our nuclear weapons to kill a billion Muslims if the UN were to make the area a protectorate.

Okay...that is your right to think that.

I think the notion is irrational. I am part of the United States...and I would oppose it.

Are you sure you meant the United States when you used "us?"
oralloy

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2015 09:41 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
Hey Usato.

It's Meredith Kercher's own fault that she got killed. If she hadn't been whoring around for free drugs, she never would have come across Rudy Guede. She got exactly what she deserved.

Olivier5 wrote:
So what do you make of Bibi's rejection of any Palestinian state?

It seems hard to believe that you haven't already seen my reaction.

Regardless, if you want me to answer a question, starting off with name-calling and a reference to Kercher scum is not the way to go about it.

Is there an echo in here?
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2015 09:41 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
oralloy wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:

The Israeli Jews are the indigenous population.

So are the non-Jews...and the non-Jewish indigenous population was greatly larger than the Jewish indigenous population.

Quote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
Jews have every right to be there. I question whether the state of Israel has the right to be there.[/b]

They very much have the right to be there.

Once again, I said they (the Jews) do. I said I question whether the state of Israel has the right to be there.