Islam Can Not be Trusted wth Historical Treasure

coldjoint

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2015 10:08 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
It is very common for Muslims to damage pre-Mohammed artifacts as being useless knowledge or even blasphemous, much as the Christians did before them.

Exactly what did the Christians destroy?
ehBeth

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2015 10:11 pm
@Ionus,
Welcome back Ionus.

It's been a while.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2015 12:20 am
@Ionus,
The term dark ages is used / has been used by different groups at different times differently.

During wars, a lot of cultural heritage has been destroyed, not only by the Germans ("Nazis") and the the Communists but the other Allies as well. (And the wars before weren't better.)
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2015 12:32 am
@Ionus,
WTF! Three years away and you come back in my thread! I am honored.

Feel like doing some arguing do you?
Ionus

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2015 07:26 am
@coldjoint,
Quote:
Exactly what did the Christians destroy?
We could start with Rome. The Christians burned it to usher in the Apocalypse. The Iconoclastic "debate" destroyed countless statues, books and paintings. The Conquistadors destroyed an entire heritage of Codex from the Aztec civilisation, I think only one survived. Entire cultures were destroyed by missionaries who were the advance party for colonialism. WWII destroyed innumerable old buildings and art, not to mention European Jewry. The Cold War threatened massive destruction of Art Galleries, Museums, Heritage buildings and could have taken back civilisation 200 years.
Ionus

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2015 07:33 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:
Welcome back Ionus.

Thank You ! I have survived more operations and recovery physio. I have high hopes of making it to 60 !
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2015 07:34 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
I am honored.

Yes.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2015 02:53 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
We could start with Rome

We could, but the Goths and others were not Christian. And as far as WWII goes, war is war.
Ionus

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2015 10:09 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
We could, but the Goths and others were not Christian.

Actually they were, starting about 400AD. The Saxons werent, and one of the main reasons for the Saxon Vikings attacking monasteries was because of how badly they were treated by neighbouring Christian tribes.

Quote:
And as far as WWII goes, war is war.

I dont think it can quite be written off that way when Christian nations attack each others civilians. Dresden was firebombed because it was of historical importance.
Ionus

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2015 10:15 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
A complete rejection of morals(moral relativity) that guided Western civilization for 2,000 years.

Those morals were well established before Christianity, they just hadn't taken hold till the aggressive policies of the Catholic Church forced people to tow the line.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2015 10:28 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
I dont think it can quite be written off that way when Christian nations attack each others civilians. Dresden was firebombed because it was of historical importance.

I guess that is a matter of opinion
Quote:
Dresden by the RAF AND the USAAF is a war crime. In my opinion it was not
I am not in any way denying the fact that what happened in Dresden was horrific and appalling. I do deny that the men who undertook the mission have any crime to answer for.

http://www.answers.com/Q/Bombing_of_Dresden
Quote:
Actually they were, starting about 400AD. The Saxons werent, and one of the main reasons for the Saxon Vikings attacking monasteries was because of how badly they were treated by neighbouring Christian tribes.

The Viking were raiders by nature. Unless you are trying to rewrite history. Feel free to list your source that proves that.
wmwcjr

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2015 11:15 pm
@Ionus,
Welcome back, Ionus! Very Happy Cool

I hope you're doing well (or better).

Ionus

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2015 12:01 am
@wmwcjr,
Awww...Thanks! You guys are so sweet! I notice someone marked me down for thanking ehBeth. Good to be remembered?? Very Happy
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2015 12:09 am
@coldjoint,
Quote:
The Viking were raiders by nature. Unless you are trying to rewrite history. Feel free to list your source that proves that.

Viking is a name given to raiders from Northern Germany and Scandinavia. What made them raid is harsh times. Most were farmers. What made the Saxons turn Viking was persecution by Christians. They were looking for somewhere far away to settle.

Persecutions of and by Christians...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_and_Paganism
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2015 12:34 am
Returning to topic, the Muslims have destroyed the Library at Alexandria, their own early Islam historic sites, Buddhist and Hindu Temples and statues in India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, which number in their hundreds of thousands, have converted Churches to Mosques and forced the conversion of all the Christian, Buddhist, Hindu and Pagan lands they conquered.

They have recently smashed museums full of artifacts and are bulldozing historical sites in Syria, Iraq and Mali. Immans have called for the destruction of Ancient Egyptian artifacts including the pyramids. They were prevented by a military takeover.

IS and the Taliban have killed and tortured hundreds of thousands, many of them fellow Muslims.

Christianity has been and may again be a danger, but right now we have to concentrate on Islam.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2015 12:44 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
Christianity has been and may again be a danger, but right now we have to concentrate on Islam.
A West who just recently took out both Saddam and Gaddafi when they were no longer threats and replaced them with problems many orders of magnitude larger is not ready for your wisdom.
Ionus

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2015 12:49 am
@hawkeye10,
I only saw Muslims when Gaddafi and Saddam were killed.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2015 12:52 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

I only saw Muslims when Gaddafi and Saddam were killed.
And? My point is that we suck at prioritizing.
Ionus

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2015 04:51 am
@hawkeye10,
And that means how is it the west's fault? What do you see as the priorities?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2015 10:59 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
but right now we have to concentrate on Islam.

Concentrate on stopping Islams advance, and employ their rules doing it.