Ionus

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2015 09:02 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
Concentrate on stopping Islams advance

Definitely agree.

Quote:
and employ their rules doing it.

I dont think we have to...there are enough Muslims taking up the fight now. We have to encourage more to do so and support them.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2015 09:13 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:

I dont think we have to...there are enough Muslims taking up the fight now. We have to encourage more to do so and support them.

Quote:
The Prophet said, ‘If I take an oath and later find something else better,
then I do what is better and expiate my oath.’”

They can support themselves. History has shown Islam cannot be trusted. And the Koran makes that very clear.

BillRM

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2015 09:45 pm
@coldjoint,
It is amusing that you can not tell the different between a tiny group misusing the banner of Islam and a billion Muslims that have nothing to do with the actions of such as ISIS.

Hell they are the major victims of such groups not Christians.

You need an excused to hate one third of the human race for some reason an that unreasonable hate mean that you shared more in common with ISIS members then most Muslims happen to.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2015 09:50 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
misusing the banner of Islam

They are not misusing Islam. They are following the commands from the Koran to the letter.

For Christs sake, accept the truth.
BillRM

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2015 10:41 pm
@coldjoint,
Sorry but you can picked and choose out of any of the major religious dogmas to prove that any of them are evil and anyone who follow them are evil.

As I said your needed to find an excused to hate a billion people that for the most part are peaceful and useful members of the human family mean that you have a lot more in common with ISIS members then most Muslims happen to have.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 06:41 am
@coldjoint,
The Prophet also said if you have to swear you are not a Muslim in order to save your live then do so. At the same time Christians were told to die before denying Christ. I have always been concerned about that difference. It means a devout Christian can be trusted but not a devout Muslim.
Ionus

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 06:46 am
@BillRM,
I have argued here before and was always surprised at how vehemently people attack religion, probably meaning Christians, but always rise to defend Muslims. A little bit of Stockholm Syndrome perhaps?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 06:51 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
At the same time Christians were told to die before denying Christ.
Well, indeed before the rooster crows ...
Ionus

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 06:56 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Yes, your suggested reference is correct. It is because of the famous incident involving St Peter the Apostle.
BillRM

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 07:04 am
@Ionus,
As an atheist I think that the human race would be far better off with no religion however Islam is no worst and no better then Christianity or any of the other world religious.

Sorry I am not supporting pointless religion wars due to such tiny groups as ISIS who killed far far more Muslims then members of any other religion group.

Wiping out ISIS is fine, but using ISIS and other such groups as an excused to have a holy war against Islam as a whole is not fine.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 07:09 am
@Ionus,
One of the best examples still are the 11,000 virgins and Saint Ursula who are buried in Cologne after being killed by the Huns ... or Saxons, depending on whom you believe.

The Basilica of St. Ursula and those tombs (besides much of Cologne and nearly all churches as well) were destroyed during the first 1,000 bomber raid by the RAF, codenamed Operation Millennium.
Ionus

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 07:18 am
@BillRM,
Well, Mexican pony-tailed William, we are in agreeance. (I know, I feel confused too!) How have you been?
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 07:24 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Churchill and Stalin wanted to shoot every Nazi they met. It was FDR who insisted on the Nuremberg trials. yet they all agreed on killing innocent civilians....it doesn't make sense. Not Christianities best hour, especially considering the role of the Pope.
coldjoint

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 11:09 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
Churchill and Stalin wanted to shoot every Nazi they met. It was FDR

Which one of those three were ordained ministers or clergy?
coldjoint

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 11:46 am
Quote:

Judaism and Christianity throughout history: 17,000,000

Anti- or irreligious forces over the last 100 years:

6,000,000 + 9,000,000 + 40,000,000 + 24,000,000 + 25,000,000 + 22,000,000 + 2,000,000 + 1,000,000,000 = 1,128,000,000

Thus it is erroneous to state that organized religion, or the name of Christ, is the cause of all or even most of history's killings. Quite to the contrary, modern history shows that the killings associated with the denial of divine authority outnumber the killings of professing Jews and Christians on an order exceeding 66 to 1.

http://www.provethebible.net/T2-Objec/G-0101.htm

Remember jihad is responsible for 270 million deaths, and jihad is a religious obligation.

BillRM

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 01:57 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
Remember jihad is responsible for 270 million deaths, and jihad is a religious obligation.

LOL.......

coldjoint

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 02:06 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Remember jihad is responsible for 270 million deaths,

Keep laughing, dummy.

Quote:
Tears of Jihad

These figures are a rough estimate of the death of non-Muslims by the political act of jihad.

Africa
Thomas Sowell [Thomas Sowell, Race and Culture, BasicBooks, 1994, p. 188] estimates that 11 million slaves were shipped across the Atlantic and 14 million were sent to the Islamic nations of North Africa and the Middle East. For every slave captured many others died. Estimates of this collateral damage vary. The renowned missionary David Livingstone estimated that for every slave who reached a plantation, five others were killed in the initial raid or died of illness and privation on the forced march.[Woman’s Presbyterian Board of Missions, David Livingstone, p. 62, 1888] Those who were left behind were the very young, the weak, the sick and the old. These soon died since the main providers had been killed or enslaved. So, for 25 million slaves delivered to the market, we have an estimated death of about 120 million people. Islam ran the wholesale slave trade in Africa.
120 million Africans

Christians
The number of Christians martyred by Islam is 9 million [David B. Barrett, Todd M. Johnson, World Christian Trends AD 30-AD 2200, William Carey Library, 2001, p. 230, table 4-10] . A rough estimate by Raphael Moore in History of Asia Minor is that another 50 million died in wars by jihad. So counting the million African Christians killed in the 20th century we have:
60 million Christians

Hindus
Koenard Elst in Negationism in India gives an estimate of 80 million Hindus killed in the total jihad against India. [Koenard Elst, Negationism in India, Voice of India, New Delhi, 2002, pg. 34.] The country of India today is only half the size of ancient India, due to jihad. The mountains near India are called the Hindu Kush, meaning the “funeral pyre of the Hindus.”
80 million Hindus

Buddhists
Buddhists do not keep up with the history of war. Keep in mind that in jihad only Christians and Jews were allowed to survive as dhimmis (servants to Islam) everyone else had to convert or die. Jihad killed the Buddhists in Turkey, Afghanistan, along the Silk Route, and in India. The total is roughly 10 million. [David B. Barrett, Todd M. Johnson, World Christian Trends AD 30-AD 2200, William Carey Library, 2001, p. 230, table 4-1.] 10 million Buddhists

Jews
Oddly enough there were not enough Jews killed in jihad to significantly affect the totals of the Great Annihilation. The jihad in Arabia was 100 percent effective, but the numbers were in the thousands, not millions. After that, the Jews submitted and became the dhimmis (servants and second class citizens) of Islam and did not have geographic political power.

This gives a rough estimate of 270 million killed by jihad.

http://www.politicalislam.com/tears-of-jihad/
BillRM

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 02:28 pm
@coldjoint,
I have to keep laughing as you are a laugh a minute now blaming the deaths due to the Western slave trade on Islam.

The demands for 30,000 slaves a year to replaced the slaves that was worked to death in the sugar plantations in Haiti alone let all the other parts of the West Indies was not the result of Islam.

I fact most of the slaveholders that was so willing to work the slaves to death and then replaced them was good Christians.
coldjoint

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 02:37 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
I have to keep laughing as you are a laugh a minute now blaming the deaths due to the Western slave trade on Islam.

Who do you think sold the slaves to Westerners? Muslims did. You better do some research. Your knowledge is very limited.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 03:09 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
Who do you think sold the slaves to Westerners? Muslims did. You better do some research. Your knowledge is very limited.
This really has little to do with research but a lot with knowledge: slavery in the colonies of the New World can only be understood against the background of the continuing slavery in Europe.
Perhaps you should look at some source related to medieval and recent church history. (Hint: it started at least in the "Dark Ages", when Pope Gelasius permitted Jews to import non-Christian slaves into Italy in 492.)