Five Reasons No Progressive Should Support Hillary Clinton

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2015 02:46 pm
NYT Now: Guidelines On Email Use Were Vague, "Until Three Months Ago There Was No Law." The Times' earlier allegation that Clinton may have violated federal law was undercut by a subsequent report published over a week later explaining that oversight of email guidelines have been "vague" at the time Clinton worked at the State Department
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2015 02:50 pm
I'm sure the Republicans are just hoping against hope that Hillary gets the nod from the Dems...because they are absolutely sure she will be the easiest to beat!

Yeah...I'm just sure that is the case. (If yez notice any sarcasm...it WAS intended.)
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2015 03:26 pm
@Frank Apisa,
The again you indicate no understanding of the mood of the nation towards Washington and towards the elite. The Professor 7 years ago was able to snap some people out of their funk and get them to believe in change from Washington. Then he followed through on none of it. Hillary thinks she can tap into that with up with women marketing a selling a message of economic fairness. It will not work. We have lost faith, and Hillary will never be able to convince us that she is a agent of change, that everything we know about her by watching her for decades is not the real her. She will be seen as just another calculating dishonest opportunist politician who almost certainly will not follow through on her promises like everyone else.

Walker on the other hand, running against washington and the elite and with several impressive economic success stories in Wisconsin will mop the floor with her.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2015 03:56 pm
@hawkeye10,
Okay.

So you are rooting for Hillary to be the sacrificial lamb for the Dems...in your opinion, a "can't lose" situation for the GOP.

We'll see.

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2015 04:00 pm
@Frank Apisa,
By the way, Hawk...since you are so certain about things...

...when are you going to answer the question, " So...what are "the fundamental rules of capitalism"...or were you just shooting your mouth off there?"...

...or are you just going to duck it like you have been?
izzythepush

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2015 04:17 pm
@Frank Apisa,
If Hilary does become the next president expect Chicken Little to claim he was saying that's what would happen all along.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2015 04:19 pm
@izzythepush,
That is exactly what I figure too, Izzy.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2015 05:39 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
..when are you going to answer the question, " So...what are "the fundamental rules of capitalism"...or were you just shooting your mouth off there?"...

...or are you just going to duck it like you have been?

I alluded to some, which you ignored, so I did not take your question as a serious one.

Government does not pick winners and losers, the markets do. All efforts to bribe government to advantage certain firms is a bastardization of capitalism. Likewise government does not interfere in the death of firms that have failed by way of special programs of assistance and using the full weight of the state to influence the work of the bankruptcy courts.

Our government picks winners and losers, it advantages firms that bribe it, it destroys markets for instance by buying trillions of dollars of debt and holding it and writing law that micro-manages markets from washington (various banking laws and ObamaCare being prime examples)....we dont have capitalism, because the outcomes are decided by washington, not the markets.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2015 08:11 pm
@hawkeye10,

Capitalism, Hawk, is merely an economic system in which enterprise is controlled by private owners for personal profit…rather than by the state.

Our enterprise is owned by private owners for personal profit…not the state. And the owners will maximize profits just about any way they can.

That is why I talked about “unfettered capitalism.”

If you were to talk to any of those private owners looking for maximum profits about the “fundamental rules of capitalism” they would laugh in your face.

And I think you know that.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2015 07:29 pm
Billery has as much chance of being elected President as Frank has of being mistaken as young or a conservative!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2015 08:02 pm
I am about decided to throw my whole support to Hillary. No other Dems of any stature are willing to try. I like Biden, too, but the media treats him like a bumbling fool, so I know he can't get elected.
RABEL222

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2015 01:09 am
@edgarblythe,
I dont like her. Too conservative. But when compared to the republicans running at this time I would be a fool not to vote for her. As any thinking person would realize if they would compare her to them.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2015 01:23 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I am about decided to throw my whole support to Hillary. No other Dems of any stature are willing to try. I like Biden, too, but the media treats him like a bumbling fool, so I know he can't get elected.
This is the perfect time for young hungry D's to make a stab at getting the POTUS chair. The money and the political apparatus will gravitate to anyone who looks like they can win, that is how politics works. I dont for a second think that this wall that the elite are trying to support..... "your choice is Hillary and only Hillary, so go vote for her" .....is going to work. The fact that they are trying it however is just one more reason to despise the elite.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2015 05:42 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

edgarblythe wrote:

This is the perfect time for young hungry D's to make a stab at getting the POTUS chair. The money and the political apparatus will gravitate to anyone who looks like they can win, that is how politics works. I dont for a second think that this wall that the elite are trying to support..... "your choice is Hillary and only Hillary, so go vote for her" .....is going to work. The fact that they are trying it however is just one more reason to despise the elite.

Yup, that is exactly what people like you want. You would love for some councilman or councilwoman from Podunk to be selected as a candidate over Hillary...

...obviously because you are terrified that Hillary will ruin the chances of the Democrats retaining the Oval Office.

Gimme a break!
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2015 01:09 pm
@Frank Apisa,
As an american I favor competition over decisions handed down from on high. The elite have very well fucked things up, the last thing we should be doing now is accepting their dictates on who the D nominee is.

If the D's do not wise up fast the R's will shred them next year. There is good reason for D insiders to be nervous about the party running Hillary for all intents and purposes unopposed. The party following The Professor with no choice but Hillary will rub the electorate the wrong way. We are looking for a party that represents our values, not Putin's.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2015 01:38 pm
@hawkeye10,
Who is that "we" you are so certain you represent, Hawk.

The R's have been screwing you and all the rest of the people in this country for years. Send your frustration that way.

The D's have not picked a candidate yet. Hillary has as much right to run for the candidacy as anyone you want to choose...so what is your problem with the process?

Oh, one other thing: In my opinion, there's a hell of a lot less nervousness among the D's about Hillary running...than among the R's.

But it is entertaining to see you thinking otherwise.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2015 01:58 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Clearly not Gungasnake. He loves Putin.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2015 02:14 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
There is good reason for D insiders to be nervous about the party running Hillary for all intents and purposes unopposed. The party following The Professor with no choice but Hillary will rub the electorate the wrong way.

I am all for a competitive process. It's for Hillary's own good. To easy a nomination will only strengthen her natural tendency to hubris. She also needs to articulate some clear political vision, and only a competitive nomination process can force her to do that. So Warren and others should run, IMO, if only to push for their ideas.

Another thing I am worried about in Hillary is her very strong Christian faith. For us French, that's a downer. Probably a strength in a US election, though.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2015 03:22 pm
@Olivier5,
Exactly, do prize fighters train for the big fight by sparing with the most useless guys in the gym? No, because that is how you make yourself a loser. But I think that the party telling the faithful that they dont get a choice is by far the bigger problem. For all the talk from that side of the isle about how dumb the R's are you would think that that D's would aim to be at least 5% smarter. Apparently not.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2015 04:13 pm
@hawkeye10,
Hawk...who do you think Hillary is refusing to let run? Does she have that power?

Who do you think any other D is refusing to let run? Do any of them have that power?

Anyone can run.

And there will be challengers...but the challengers have to decide to run.

What do you expect Hillary to do...go out and hunt up candidates?

Your position on this is absurd.