Five Reasons No Progressive Should Support Hillary Clinton

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2015 09:48 pm
@korkamann,
With very rare exceptions if Americans dont vote it is the Americans who did not vote fault, not one of the political parties.

Your illogical and factually incorrect efforts to prop up your delusions are a sad commentary on the state of America.
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2015 10:01 pm
@korkamann,
korkamann wrote:

BTW, You have a filthy vulgar mouth. Where were you reared, in the slums?

Hawkeye doesn't like you, so he's trying to scare you off with insults.

Just ignore him.
korkamann

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2015 11:34 pm
@Kolyo,
Quote:

Just ignore him.

On the whole, Kolyo, I usually do ignore the vulgarian's crude ravings, but then sometimes feel the overwhelming need to just shut him up. It's not so much that Hawkeye's hostility is directed at me, but towards all women, which he tend to demean as a daily ritual.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2015 11:38 pm
@korkamann,
Quote:
but then sometimes feel the overwhelming need to just shut him up
Thinking that you can shut me up is another sure sign of your delusions.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2015 11:41 pm
@korkamann,
korkamann wrote:

Quote:

Just ignore him.

On the whole, Kolyo, I usually do ignore the vulgarian's crude ravings, but then sometimes feel the overwhelming need to just shut him up. It's not so much that Hawkeye's hostility is directed at me, but towards all women, which he tend to demean as a daily ritual.

Do what I did with Hawkeye a long time ago -- just put him on 'ignore' and you'll never again be forced to read one of his offensive posts.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2015 11:50 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
It is sad how the tendency to avoid ideas because they are uncomfortable has infected the elite. It is a curse of mankind. The elites were more productive before they went through so much educational and moral decay.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2015 01:24 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
(CNN)There's a simple reason why the dress debate and the rampaging llamas in Arizona have taken over our news feeds, our conversations and our lives this week -- and it has more to do with cat videos than science. To put it simply, we'd rather debate something positive, like the dress, than ISIS and Department of Homeland Security funding

This isn't just speculation, it's a fact: What the majority of us read, share and discuss is not "hard news"-oriented at all. A new study, led by applied mathematicians at the University of Vermont and Mitre Corp., analyzed the emotional content of the news we share online. And no matter the source of the news or the language, we use positive words more and overwhelmingly share positive stories over the negative news.

And, according to a study done by BuzzSumo, a content discovery and measurement software company, the emotions that make a story go "viral" are not fear and anger -- they are awe, laughter and amusement.

Their analysis of 10,000 most viral articles proved this point overwhelmingly.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/27/opinion/robbins-llamas-dress/index.html

My problem is that I am not here to consume or generate happy chat. I am looking to discuss the nature of reality.
Olivier5

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2015 02:35 am
@hawkeye10,
Thanks, you just made me waste 5 mn on that stupid dress story...

I haven't read much of this thread but I tend to agree that people like to dwell in inspiring lies or trivia better than take a hard look at reality, which is often tragic. A form of self-protection maybe.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2015 02:58 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
. A form of self-protection maybe.

Absolutely, but there has to be places where ideas can compete without constraint. Those who are too weak to deal with reality need to stay out, dont come in and then spend all of your time whining that your life experience is being tarnished by the vulgarity.
0 Replies

korkamann

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2015 06:34 am
@Kolyo,
Quote:

The Left asking you for advice makes as much sense as Patton asking Rommel for advice.

How perceptive. Hawkeye is culturally backwards with a primitive mentality; a savage barnyard type who lives in his own reality, mistakenly thinking he's the most erudite poster around. I remember as if it were yesterday when he said of a female "I'll grab a tit." Let that jackass try and grab the average woman and I swear he'll draw back a nub. He used the vulgarity "P..ssy" to describe females in a recent post yesterday. He also created a thread entitled "Ni.gg.r"! To me, Hawkeye is a true barbarian who is not capable of being civilized. In other words, the poster is clearly very stupid. It's as though he were hatched in the dregs of the sewer and the evil-smelling odor is so rank it permeates the very internet.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2015 06:48 am
@korkamann,
Super.

Do you have anything to say on Hillary Clinton or the Left?

Believe it or not not every thread needs to be about little old me.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2015 07:24 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
In reality, when it comes today's political environment with reference to Republicans and Democrats, there is no real challenge from the former. The Republican Party is so incompetent and unproductive --- they control Congress and still are unable to pass a simple bill without turbulence while trying to destroy the other. They are a pathetic bunch!

So why do R's control 2/3 of state government and both houses of the national Congress?

You are clearly delusional.

They could control all state governments and both houses of Congress...

...and still be a pathetic bunch.

The reason for that is...they are a pathetic, incompetent, unproductive bunch.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2015 12:34 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

...and still be a pathetic bunch

Could be. Let's take it as a given....what does that then make us? What does it make the D's who so often lose to them?
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2015 02:26 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:

...and still be a pathetic bunch

Could be. Let's take it as a given....what does that then make us? What does it make the D's who so often lose to them?

It makes them losers.

And the Dems being losers still leaves the Republicans as pathetic, incompetent, unproductive bunch.

Anything else?
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2015 05:28 pm
@Frank Apisa,
So why do you avoid the question " so what does that make us?"?

The way I see it a bunch of you around here get off on calling R's names like you did when you were four at the playground when someone was doing something that you did not like. It solves nothing, and it indicates that you are an ignorant rube who lacks the capacity to understand the appeal of the R's.

You seem to want to be known as being a serious person. Then act serious, not four.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2015 07:51 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

So why do you avoid the question " so what does that make us?"?

I don't avoid anything.

Who is the "us?"

Quote:

The way I see it a bunch of you around here get off on calling R's names like you did when you were four at the playground when someone was doing something that you did not like. It solves nothing, and it indicates that you are an ignorant rube who lacks the capacity to understand the appeal of the R's.

Thank you for sharing how you see it. Obviously, I do not see it that way.

Quote:
You seem to want to be known as being a serious person. Then act serious, not four.

I don't have to act serious, Hawk. I am serious.

What do you mean by "four?"
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Mon 2 Mar, 2015 01:33 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:

Let me guess... US voters collectively, as well as Dem's, are even worse than "a pathetic bunch"?

Could be... Most of the Dems are republican-lite anyway now, so between the real product and the edulcorated ersatz, what do you chose? Now if the Dems could actually propose something a bit different, a bit more radical (wooooooo scary), they might stand a better chance than by licking up Republican asses. Just my 2 uneducated cents.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2015 07:14 am
Martin O'Malley sticks with Plan A: try to upend Hillary Clinton
Washington — Former Gov. Martin O’Malley (D) of Maryland isn’t running for the Senate seat being vacated by Sen. Barbara Mikulski (D), who is retiring at the end of her term.

"I am hopeful and confident that very capable public servants with a desire to serve in the Senate will step up as candidates for this important office,” the former governor said Tuesday, in a statement. “I will not be one of them."

Mr. O’Malley, it appears, is keeping his eyes on the prize: the presidency. O’Malley has been quietly preparing for months to run for president, despite the appearance that Hillary Rodham Clinton has the Democratic nomination all but locked up, without even having announced.

Read the rest at: http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/DC-Decoder/2015/0303/Martin-O-Malley-sticks-with-Plan-A-try-to-upend-Hillary-Clinton
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2015 05:01 am
Hillary will probably win in 2016 but...
it's not necessarily not a good thing. The repubs will probably still control at least one part of congress so her re-election achievements will be limited. That's a problem even more complicated by the fact that Obama has sucked all the air out of the room in terms of big domestic democratic achievements. This means that she'll have to focus on foreign policy. We might have to intervene against ISIS on her watch which won't be popular long term and Hillary has shown herself to be hawkish and willing to sacrifice long term policy for short term political gain with the Iraq vote. She's been involved in politics for so long that she will have a short honeymoon. It'll be hard for her to win in 2020 even if none of what I'm saying comes to pass just because it's been 70 years since a party won 4 straight elections
0 Replies

oralube

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2015 03:57 am
The Numbers Behind Maureen Dowd's 21-Year Long Campaign Against Hillary Clinton

For more than twenty years, New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd has been attacking Hillary Clinton from a shallow well of insults, routinely portraying the former secretary of state and first lady as an unlikeable, power-hungry phony.

Media Matters analyzed 195 columns by Dowd since November 1993 containing significant mentions of Clinton for whether they included any of 16 negative tropes in five categories (listed in the below methodology). 72 percent (141 columns) were negative towards Clinton -- only 8 percent (15 columns) were positive. The remaining 20 percent (39 columns) were neutral.

For example, Dowd has repeatedly accused Clinton of being an enemy to or betraying feminism (35 columns, 18 percent of those studied), power-hungry (51 columns, 26 percent), unlikeable (9 columns, 5 percent), or phony (34 columns, 17 percent). She's also attacked the Clintons as a couple in 43 columns (22 percent), many of which included Dowd's ham-handed attempts at psychoanalysis."

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/06/18/the-numbers-behind-maureen-dowds-21-year-long-c/199752
0 Replies