Five Reasons No Progressive Should Support Hillary Clinton

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2015 08:04 pm
She was considered inevitable by many last time she ran. You have to wait until people actually cast their ballot to see where she stands.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2015 10:26 pm
@Frank Apisa,
He is a far to the right democrat about where Barry Goldwater was.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2015 10:29 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Maybe two more years of this Republican bull shyt will open more eyes than you think frank.
RABEL222

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2015 10:31 pm
@revelette2,
A Bush, connected to oil. I can hardly believe it.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2015 06:16 am
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Maybe two more years of this Republican bull shyt will open more eyes than you think frank.

I hope you are right, Rabel...but the willingness of a huge segment of the American public to buy totally into the conservative nonsense causes me to wonder!
revelette2

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2015 07:00 am
I read where people think Tim Kaine would make a good running mate for Clinton, but why couldn't he just run for president himself?

Virginia Senator Tim Kaine has joined the Democrats who'll skip Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's March speech to a joint session of Congress. "There is no reason to schedule this speech before Israeli voters go to the polls on March 17 and choose their own leadership," Kaine said in a statement
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2015 12:30 am
@Frank Apisa,
Me too.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2015 12:32 am
! reason not to vote for Jeb. He is a Bush.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2015 12:58 am
She thinks she can become the champion of the left, which I think is out of the question because we are not that stupid. We have watched her perform near or at the top of the Elite class for about 4 decades, we know who she is.
korkamann

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2015 12:36 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
She thinks she can become the champion of the left, which I think is out of the question because we are not that stupid. We have watched her perform near or at the top of the Elite class for about 4 decades, we know who she is.

Hillary Clinton isn't everyone's cup of tea, but she is a far cry better than any one of the sleazy Republican candidates for president. Hillary Clinton has been vetted and we know she is power-hungry and soulmate to Wall Street, but still, when contrasting her with the corrupt counterproductive Republicans, I'll take her anytime.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2015 03:32 pm
@korkamann,
korkamann wrote:

Quote:

Hillary Clinton isn't everyone's cup of tea, but she is a far cry better than any one of the sleazy Republican candidates for president. Hillary Clinton has been vetted and we know she is power-hungry and soulmate to Wall Street, but still, when contrasting her with the corrupt counterproductive Republicans, I'll take her anytime.

AMEN!
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2015 04:10 pm
If it comes down to Hillary with the Left saying "she could suck more" and Walker with the Right saying " he is an accomplished hero of the cause" then I think we know the result.

If the left wants to have any chance then they need someone better than Hillary. Letting her have the nomination because she possesses a pussy and argues that it is her time is a huge mistake.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2015 04:32 pm
@hawkeye10,
Another huge problem for Hillary is that she has accomplished very little since the last time she asked for the job and was refused...she was a Sec State who did almost nothing but jump around the world in the plane that we the taxpayers supplied her. Come to think of it during all of her life what exactly has she gotten done? This record of futility is going to change now?

Constant source of drama with the Clinton WH
Botched healthcare reform
begged to be Senator then did nothing
Spent 5 years planning a run at Potus, then botched that
Was Sec State but accomplished almost nothing

So she runs around the world with her "women of the world Unite!" theme, but that is easy.
0 Replies

korkamann

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2015 04:58 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

AMEN!

In reality, when it comes today's political environment with reference to Republicans and Democrats, there is no real challenge from the former. The Republican Party is so incompetent and unproductive --- they control Congress and still are unable to pass a simple bill without turbulence while trying to destroy the other. They are a pathetic bunch!
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2015 05:04 pm
@korkamann,
Quote:
In reality, when it comes today's political environment with reference to Republicans and Democrats, there is no real challenge from the former. The Republican Party is so incompetent and unproductive --- they control Congress and still are unable to pass a simple bill without turbulence while trying to destroy the other. They are a pathetic bunch!

So why do R's control 2/3 of state government and both houses of the national Congress?

You are clearly delusional.
RABEL222

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2015 06:37 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
So why do R's control 2/3 of state government and both houses of the national Congress?

Open your ears!! I have been explaining to you for years that the common man has been brain washed by the conservative media into believing that a group of republicans are helping them to POSSIBLY become millionaires if they vote for them and using the fact that they have made millionaires into billionaires as proof that they are not screwing them blind, and a majority of them have bought into this horse shyt. It only proves our schools havent taught their pupils to think for themselves but they have taught them to obey their betters.
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2015 07:52 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

If the left wants to have any chance

Then they had better not listen to what their enemies, like you, advise them to do.

The Left asking you for advice makes as much sense as Patton asking Rommel for advice. Laughing
korkamann

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2015 08:26 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:

You are clearly delusional.

The reason the Republicans control so much of state/local governments is because of US politics, i.e., gerrymandering evidence which does not make it onto the map. A further illumination is the dividing of a state, county, etc., into election districts so as to give one political party a majority in many districts while concentrating the voting strength of the other party into as few districts as possible. In about 10 years the Dems will have their turn at carving up districts. Also, traditionally, midterm elections turn out fewer American voters, and it's during this time the GOP wins with fewer voter turnouts.

Today, most Republican governorships are safe and it is hard to replace them with Democrats. The average American would not be lured into voting for the current Republican party because the policies they espouse are too pvet the top. During the current climate in a presidential election year, mainstream Americans would not vote for the Republican Party. It will be a long time before the Republicans gain the US presidency again.
BTW, You have a filthy vulgar mouth. Where were you reared, in the slums?
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2015 09:19 pm
@korkamann,
Quote:
The reason the Republicans control so much of state/local governments is because of US politics, i.e., gerrymandering evidence which does not make it onto the map. A further illumination is the dividing of a state, county, etc., into election districts so as to give one political party a majority in many districts while concentrating the voting strength of the other party into as few districts as possible.

which happened because R's controlled most of the states after the census, and they were not above gerrymandering. My point still stands, the R's control a lot of government because they have gotten the most votes. You can say they suck, but you can not say that they are irrelevant, because very clearly they are not.

Quote:
Today, most Republican governorships are safe and it is hard to replace them with Democrats.
So why do most of the citizens of the state that vote vote R? If the R's are as bad as you say they are why cant the D's close the deal with the American voters?

Quote:
, You have a filthy vulgar mouth
I will forfeit the points for edicate, because I can spare them as I tend to clean up on the points for being right.
korkamann

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2015 09:40 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
So why do most of the citizens of the state that vote vote R? If the R's are as bad as you say they are why cant the D's close the deal with the American voters?

HOW MANY TIMES MUST IT BE DRILLED INTO THAT PART OF THE BODY YOU CALL A MIND? DURING MIDTERM ELECTIONS TRADITIONALLY MOST AMERICANS DO NOT BOTHER TO VOTE AND THIS IS WHERE THE GOP MAKE PROGRESS IN LOCAL ELECTIONS. IF ALL AMERICANS WERE TO VOTE AT THE SAME RATE THEY DO IN PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS, THE GOP WOULD NEVER GET ELECTED. THE EXTREMIST REPUBLICANS KNOW THIS IS THE ONLY WAY THEY WILL EVER ATTAIN OFFICE AND THAT IS BY FEWER VOTES BETWEEN PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS. IN 2000 GEORGE W BUSH STOLE THE ELECTION; GORE REALLY WON! REPUBLICANS TURN MOST ORDINARY AMERICANS OFF BIG TIME. IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO COMPREHEND WHAT I'VE JUST WRITTEN, GET SOMEONE TO EXPLAIN IT TO YOU.