Five Reasons No Progressive Should Support Hillary Clinton

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2015 01:26 pm
@RABEL222,
Too many is how many.

Anyway...supposedly this one is a reincarnation of Foofie. Maybe we shouldn't even count him as a new one.

RABEL222

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2015 09:47 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I wonder how many double posters there are here using two or three different persona? They must be real proud of their original names?
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2015 04:42 am
@RABEL222,
Not sure why so many people come back in so many other personae, Rabel. I post under only one name...and I cannot imagine ever playing the sock puppet game.

I suspect only the very insecure do that.

That kind of thing, by the way, helped lead to the death of Abuzz.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2015 01:02 pm
@giujohn,
And then the Bush WhiteHouse let treaties lapse and just unilaterally pulled out of others.

And you blame Obama and not the Tepublican Congress that has outdone a NeoCon GWB administration?

At least get your facts straight.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2015 01:18 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I've had I think about two variations on my name for the simple fact that I lost my password and couldn't remember it, was easier to just get a new account. If I tried to disguise myself with a new name, I doubt very much I would pull it off, plus, it would be just too tiresome to be constantly conniving.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2015 01:29 pm
Lincoln Chafee Explores Presidential Run as a Democrat
Source: New York Times

With no advance warning, the Democratic race for president got a surprise new contender on Thursday.

Lincoln Chafee, the former Rhode Island governor who has a strong relationship with President Obama, announced his news in a web video and in an interview with Rhode Island Public Radio.

In the video, Mr. Chafee says almost immediately that as a United States senator he voted against the Iraq war — something that Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton supported. It was a position that was used against Mrs. Clinton in the Democratic primary leading up to the 2008 election against Mr. Obama.

Unlike Jim Webb, the former Virginia senator, or Martin O’Malley, the former Maryland governor, both of whom have telegraphed their intentions to consider running for president for months, Mr. Chafee’s news caught political observers off guard.

Read more: http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2015/04/09/lincoln-chafee-explores-presidential-run-as-a-democrat/

Awesome. I liked Chafee.
revelette2

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2015 01:40 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Interesting
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2015 02:48 pm
@revelette2,
I like him and I haven't heard of any feet of clay.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2015 03:33 pm
Why (California Lt. Gov.) Gavin Newsom should run for president
Opinion by Bill Katovsky, San Francisco Chronicle, April 7 2015

If the Democratic Party really wants to hold on to the White House following President Obama’s exit, it needs to look past Hillary Rodham Clinton. The best hope for victory is California Lt. Gov. Gavin Newsom.

Newsom hasn’t publicly expressed any interest in running for president in 2016. Instead, his eye is on becoming governor in 2019. Yet, if by some cosmic roll of the dice Newsom does decide to declare his candidacy for president, all this gauzy talk of Clinton’s inevitability and lock on the Democratic nomination will take a huge hit. Dare I say game-changer?

Voters love Clinton in liberal bastions such as the Bay Area, yet it’s doubtful if she will be able to inspire a passionate get-out-to-vote movement elsewhere. Female voters clearly have a strong affinity for Clinton, but younger voters will be leery of someone her age (she’s 67), who isn’t tech savvy and has a queasy relationship with e-mail and computer servers. Her resume is long and distinguished, though it’s wishful thinking to believe Clinton represents the nation’s future in the same sense that the Republican Party’s fresh crop of contenders — Scott Walker, Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio and Rand Paul — do for the GOP base.

Newsom wrote the book on how citizens can reshape their government in a digital age (“Citizenville” was published in 2013). In 2004, Newsom took a risky, courageous gamble with his political career when, as San Francisco mayor, he directed the city clerk’s office to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples in defiance of state law. But Newsom’s political instincts were dead on then. It’s time for him to act boldly again.

CONTINUES: http://www.sfgate.com/opinion/openforum/article/Why-Gavin-Newsom-should-run-for-president-6184317.php
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2015 03:38 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:
Lincoln Chafee Explores Presidential Run as a Democrat

Good. It's about time that the Democrats ran a real Republican, instead of all the crypto-Republicans they usually run.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2015 04:45 pm

Hillary Clinton Moving Toward 2016 Presidential Campaign Announcement

ABC News - ‎6 minutes ago‎

Hillary Clinton is moving toward announcing her candidacy for president of the United States as soon as this weekend, according to Democrats familiar with her plans.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2015 05:06 pm
@edgarblythe,
Now we see if spending a ton of money on marketing will stop her long slide in popularity.....

http://content.gallup.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/s3tk5ql5nu2val4uz0jymq.png
ossobuco

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2015 06:17 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Ok, that cheers me up somewhat.

Editing my editing..
I need to read more about him, but his declaring a plan to run is heartening.

0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2015 10:50 pm
@Frank Apisa,
That and the lying screw balls who refused to acknowledge facts. Sorry oralboy.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 10 Apr, 2015 05:09 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Now we see if spending a ton of money on marketing will stop her long slide in popularity.....

http://content.gallup.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/s3tk5ql5nu2val4uz0jymq.png

Huh???
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 10 Apr, 2015 08:34 am
@joefromchicago,
Bill Clinton was a good moderate pro-business Republican. Barrack Obama is center/right Republican President. ACA is a Republican approach to healthcare.

Chaffee was a Progressive Republican who will make a good center/left Democrat. Similar to Hillary.
joefromchicago

Reply Fri 10 Apr, 2015 09:01 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Hillary Clinton is a center/left Democrat? Yeah, right. Go ahead, pull the other one.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 10 Apr, 2015 09:28 am
@joefromchicago,
Hillary is center left. I didn't say 'good'. I believe she is too "pragmatic" and makes too many compromises to further herself as opposed to her agenda. She's definitely left of Bill, but she backed a lot of Bush's crap to keep herself seen as engaged in conditions on the ground as an effective Senator and not be seen as running for higher office the whole time.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 10 Apr, 2015 09:56 am
Quote:
Elizabeth Warren appeared last night on The Daily Show and talked with Jon Stewart not about policy specifics but about the general phenomenon of corruption in Washington. In doing so, she got off a good zinger about how the system works "to make sure that the tender fannies of the rich and the powerful are always carefully protected."

But she also laid out a sophisticated understanding of the real way power and money intersect. It's not primarily about quid pro quo cash for favors. It's about whose voices get heard and what issues end up on the agenda. "The wind only blows from one direction," Warren said. "It only blows from the direction of those who have money." Yes, campaign contributions matter. But big interests have "invested in other ways," too. They've invested in paying attention to what happens and to having their agents show up constantly and make noise. Consequently, the concerns of the rich and powerful are present in "every rule that's written, in every conversation, in every discussion."

http://www.vox.com/2015/4/10/8381711/elizabeth-warren-corruption

Warren would be an infinitely better choice for the D's and for America than Hillary.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 10 Apr, 2015 10:18 am
@hawkeye10,
And she's conservative enough to be a Republican.

I'd vote for her either way. But I want to see her finish her term as Senator and I believe she can be more effective in Congress right now.

Don't often bump your posts up, but this one needed a bump.