Five Reasons No Progressive Should Support Hillary Clinton

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2015 01:16 pm
@hawkeye10,

I never "get my back up" when you express an opinion, Hawk.

In fact, I give your opinions serious considerations...often finding value and sense in them. (Sometimes not...especially when discussing Hillary or Obama.)

Your comment sounded like an attempt to stifle what was being discussed...but now that you have indicated that you were not doing that (and after re-reading what you wrote) I acknowledge that I over-stated my objection.

I withdraw it...and I apologize to you. I was wrong...I stepped over a line there.

0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2015 03:53 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Obama is more competent than Ronald Reagan??? OMG now Im convinced you have gone round the bend.

Reagan is responsible for detroying the Soviet union...obammy is responsible for letting Iran have the bomb...now thats competent.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2015 04:06 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Obama is more competent than Ronald Reagan??? OMG now Im convinced you have gone round the bend.

Nah...I'm right here talking to you, John.

Quote:
Reagan is responsible for detroying the Soviet union...

Reagan did sell that snake oil to you gullible people.

He tripled our nation debt...and the Soviet Union was going south without the investment.

Quote:
...obammy is responsible for letting Iran have the bomb...now thats competent.

Obama is doing a reasonable job...considering the impediments the people selling and buying snake oil put in his way.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2015 05:11 pm
He didn't let Iran have the bomb. And, unlike Reagan, he isn't selling weapons to Iran.
rifter

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2015 06:10 pm
@edgarblythe,

Quote:
He didn't let Iran have the bomb. And, unlike Reagan, he isn't selling weapons to Iran.

Yes he did, it is inevitable now, and everyone knows it. Of course you can ignore it. Cool
giujohn

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2015 07:49 pm
Reagan was responsible for pushing the nuclear clock back to 17 minutes before midnite Want to guess where it is now?
When you see a mushroom cloud over the middle east, history will place the blame right at the door step of Barack Husein Obama...exactly where it should go. And if he is still alive when it happens he should be jailed. Competent my ass.
rifter

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2015 10:32 pm
Quote:
IT IS 17 MINUTES TO MIDNIGHT
DoomsdayClock_black_17mins_regmark.jpg
17 minutes to midnight
1991: With the Cold War officially over, the United States and Russia begin making deep cuts to their nuclear arsenals. The Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty greatly reduces the number of strategic nuclear weapons deployed by the two former adversaries. Better still, a series of unilateral initiatives remove most of the intercontinental ballistic missiles and bombers in both countries from hair-trigger alert. "The illusion that tens of thousands of nuclear weapons are a guarantor of national security has been stripped away," the Bulletin declares.

It is 3 minutes to Midnight now.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2015 05:55 am
@rifter,
rifter wrote:

Quote:

Yes he did, it is inevitable now, and everyone knows it. Of course you can ignore it. Cool

FACT IS...Edgar was correct in what he wrote...

...and you were incorrect.

Iran does not have the bomb.

If you want to speculate that they will at some point have it...and want to "blame" their obtaining it to what Obama and all those other countries involved have done...you certainly have the right to do it.

I enjoy a good laugh...and the thought of you trying to sell that is a fine source of a good laugh.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2015 06:00 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Reagan was responsible for pushing the nuclear clock back to 17 minutes before midnite Want to guess where it is now?
When you see a mushroom cloud over the middle east, history will place the blame right at the door step of Barack Husein Obama...exactly where it should go. And if he is still alive when it happens he should be jailed. Competent my ass.

Reagan was a likable jackass...who delivered a death blow to reasonable governance in the United States with his "government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem" nonsense. Few, if any, presidents have done as much damage to our republic than this likable, simplistic-minded fool.

You wouldn't understand, John.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2015 09:26 am
@Frank Apisa,
I was suckered into voting Reagan - the first time. Learned my lesson too late.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2015 09:35 am
@edgarblythe,
We've talked about this before, Edgar.

I allowed myself to turn very negative toward Jimmy Carter...and like you, I voted for Reagan the first time he ran.

What a mistake that was! What a colossal mistake that was.

I know the conservatives want a hero of their own...and most of the time I let the hero worship for Reagan just pass by.

But here...the subject is part of the debate.

NO PRESIDENT in history has damaged this Republic as much as Ronald Reagan by using his affability and personality to turn the citizens against government as much as he did.

He could have used his gifts to reason with people and to explain how governance is necessary for civilization. Instead, like so many conservatives, he went for the cheap shots. The cost to America is beyond imagination.

I place a huge amount of the dysfunction America has with government at his feet.

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2015 09:47 am
And one of my brothers revered him to the end, seeing him as a kind of George Washington John Wayne. I walked very carefully around the topic around him.
0 Replies

rifter

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2015 11:35 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

He is only correct in the fact Obama did not give them one yet.

And I never said Iran had the bomb, I said they would.

Learn how to read.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2015 11:43 am
@rifter,
rifter wrote:

Quote:

He is only correct in the fact Obama did not give them one yet.

And I never said Iran had the bomb, I said they would.

Learn how to read.

Learn how to read yourself.

Edgar said that Obama did not give Iran the bomb.

You said...and I quote,
Quote:
"Yes he did, it is inevitable now, and everyone knows it.

Nonsense. You do not KNOW it...and neither does anyone else. You cannot see into the future. You may make an estimate that Iran will get the bomb...but when Edgar said Obama did not give it to them...and you say, "Yes he did"...

...Edgar was correct...

...AND YOU WERE WRONG.

So, yeah, learn to read, Rifter...especially when you are reading what YOU wrote.
rifter

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2015 11:49 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
...Edgar was correct...

...AND YOU WERE WRONG.

So, yeah, learn to read, Rifter...especially when you are reading what YOU wrote.

When the nuke goes off, let Edgar know he was right.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2015 11:53 am
@rifter,
He is right...NOW.

You are wrong...NOW.

Try to work up the courage and spine to acknowledge that.
rifter

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2015 11:55 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
He is right...NOW.

You are wrong...NOW.

Try to relax, "now" is different than when you posted.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2015 01:00 pm
@rifter,
rifter wrote:

Quote:
He is right...NOW.

You are wrong...NOW.

Try to relax, "now" is different than when you posted.

I'm as relaxed as Perry Como.

Anyway...you were wrong then also.

The "now" I was using had to do with the future scenario you were trying to present.

You really don't have the integrity to just acknowledge that you were wrong...do you?
RABEL222

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2015 01:18 pm
@edgarblythe,
Hell, he was a lousy actor. Why would anyone think he had the brains to be a good president? I am proud to say that I dident vote for him either time he ran.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2015 01:23 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Another conservative I know every thing, you liberals are too stupid to understand my lofty mentality. How many does that make now Frank? 6 or seven of them?