@MyFellowAtheists: How Big an Atheist Are You?

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2015 06:51 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Frank
"you cannot come up with a specific "false assumption."

I told you my specific complaint, early on. And that's my final say in the matter.

Well you have had a lot of "final says" on this matter, Edgar, so I do not mind another one. But any specific complaint you have proposed I have shown to be NOT a false or phony take.

There is nothing false or phony about the positions I have taken...and your pretense that you have already offered one is itself...as phony and false as your "final say" nonsense.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2015 06:56 am
Actually, I agree with Setanta in his reply to John.

John's claim is dubious, at best.

And noting that it is dubious...does not suggest anything, actually, about whether or not the existence or non-existence of gods (or a god)...can be mounted.

Olivier5

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2015 07:32 am
@edgarblythe,
Well then, i can't see what we are disagreeing about... Sorry.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2015 09:04 am
@Olivier5,
We are much closer in our conclusions than it sometimes seems. Smile
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2015 09:29 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

We are much closer in our conclusions than it sometimes seems. Smile

Isn't it amazing how the discussion you are having here...which is no closer to the subject of the thread than anything I was saying...is not considered a "diversion" by you, Edgar.

I wonder...could that have anything to do with the fact that you are participating in this one, rather than I?

Yeah...I think that might be it.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2015 09:42 am
@edgarblythe,
I've seen this sort of 'pragmatic congruence' before, when debaters are at each/others throat about what the problem is but if you ask them: What is the solution?, they come up with similar strategies/ solutions to deal with the problem. Eg on the IP conflict, a moderate pro-israeli and a moderate pro-pal can disagree to no end on the causes if the conflict but agree on pretty much the same 2-state scenario as the solution to it.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2015 09:46 am
@Olivier5,
The Israel/Palestine arguments are so emotional for many, that I avoid threads about it. I support a two state solution.
Olivier5

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2015 09:54 am
@edgarblythe,
I've argued the IP conflict ad nauseam. I don't do it so much these days. No doable solution is in sight anyway.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2015 09:56 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

The Israel/Palestine arguments are so emotional for many, that I avoid threads about it. I support a two state solution.

Once again!!!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2015 12:38 pm
You ain't even a ******* atheist, frank. Get a life.
argome321

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2015 12:58 pm
@Kolyo,
I'm a strong atheist merely becasue for al lthe god and gods posited none have ever been proven. Further more most of them ares inanely descibed to even consider any of them seriously.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2015 01:23 pm
@argome321,
There's no arguing with that.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2015 03:42 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

You ain't even a ******* atheist, frank. Get a life.

You atheists claim the thing that makes you an atheist...is that you have no belief in any deity.

I have no belief in any deity.

I say I am not an atheist...but you folk insist the other way.

I've got a life, Edgar. A nice one...a happy one.

I hope you get one soon. You're not gettin' any younger, ya know.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2015 04:17 pm
If you are so happy why do you have to troll a thread like this one?
giujohn

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2015 04:51 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
I consider that a dubious claim

Well, considering that the three major religions that claim this omnipotent god all adhere to the old testament as the literal word of god, and as Bishop Usher has shown, according to the OT that the world was created 6000 years ago, and we can prove the world is in excess of 4.5 BILLION years old, that along with the below more than suffices as proof that those who believe this twaddle are deluded.

Now, if you want absolute veriviable repeatable emperical evidence that an omnipotent being does not exist, I refer you to Heisenbergs Uncertainty Principle.
giujohn

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2015 04:53 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
And noting that it is dubious...does not suggest anything, actually, about whether or not the existence or non-existence of gods (or a god)...can be mounted.

Bullshit...your aguement, from previous posts on the subject are for the sake of arguement and offer no credible counter.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2015 06:33 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

If you are so happy why do you have to troll a thread like this one?

I am not trolling, Edgar.

I am contributing. Reasonably contributing...and in a more courteous way than you are.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2015 06:34 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Quote:

Bullshit...your aguement, from previous posts on the subject are for the sake of arguement and offer no credible counter.

You obviously do not understand what Setanta was saying in the part that you quoted here...and you do not understand why I say he is correct.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2015 06:41 pm
@edgarblythe,
Death by a thousand cuts..
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2015 06:43 pm
@ossobuco,
I bet when he golfs the other golfers wear ear plugs.