Plans and info for meeting Oct 22 - 25 in Austin. Jump in!!

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 02:01 pm
PDiddie wrote:

How about if cicerone and I raise a toast to you from the capital of Texas this weekend? Will that suffice?

Sounds nice, especially, since you didn't ask for credit card number in the same sentence :wink:
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2004 08:06 am
Ok, since the PM's are still outt order can someone email me and let me know who all is coming? Or at least a ball park number of who will be coming and I am going to try this evening to book some time on the Bat tour boat. We have one here in Austin that is able to drive on the street/and float in the river. It is pretty cool!!
[email protected]

:-)
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2004 10:25 am
Done just now, she.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2004 12:30 pm
thanks for the email!!
Hubby and I are planning on attending a few of the get togethers.
I cant wait to see everyone!! ;-)
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 08:03 am
What a fine weekend we spent in the state capital with A2Kers old and new!

cicerone imposter is alive and well, for those who've been wondering. His son, an Austin technical writer, is a chip off the block. Calm and reserved, not an easy fellow to draw into conversation, nonetheless bright, informed, and articulate (as is his father). c.i. shared some pictures of his world travels. He just got back from the Balkens; next month he's cruising to Antarctica. He's living my fantasy life.

shewolfnm is a lovely, bubbly, outgoing woman and her Ian is engaging and pleasant. They are obviously enjoying their lives very much, and that's always a happy thing to watch. We didn't get to meet the brand-new apple of their eye (but there's pictures of little Jillian in the gallery). Maybe next time, when she's a little older and can stand strangers. shewolfnm and Vivacious (that'd be Mrs. Diddie) hit it off immediately. The men barely got in a word edgewise.

We all spent a wonderful afternoon at the Bob Bullock State History Museum on Saturday; in the evening we reconnoitered at Mother Egan's Irish Pub on Sixth Street to watch Longhorn football and World Series baseball.

A good time had by all (and don't ask for pictures, because there aren't any. We're all fugitives.)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 10:41 am
ah, c'mon

i wanna see more pix of the diddies! you two are tooooooo adorable Very Happy
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 11:16 am
I'm glad a good time was had, pdiddie. Was it as hot there as it was here?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 01:51 pm
Thank-goodness it wasnt hot here mac! It rained at the last minute here in austin before anyone had a chance to plan for it. My husband and I were trying our best to get our big ' home improvements' done before this weekend happened. We had a really strong plan, then it rained. We have been staining our dining room floor and were just about to get the waxing done then.. of course... texas weather kicked in and we could do nothing. That hindered our free time horribly. But DUE to the rain, it was actually quite pleasent. No mosquitos abducted any small children or puppies over the weekend so all said... weather was nice.
Wonderful time indeed! :-) Ian and I had a great time hanging out. Mr & Mrs Diddie were a blast. C.I was a very wonderful intelligent man . I do regret though, not being able to play more.
And no.. sorry.. no pictures. Im sure if you want to see us, as Pdiddie said, just go to america's most wanted. Im the one in the top 10, the rest of them are on the next page. Hahah!!!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2004 12:59 pm
Yes, a good time was had by all! With my second ban from a2k and my transatlantic cruise till my return last night, I've been absent for a few weeks. Glad to be back, tho. Will post a summary of my cruise in a few days in the travel forum. Kinda busy right now with "house" cleaning chores.
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 12:31 am
I live in Austin. So yeah.

I'm really bad with dates though, will someone please PM me with updates?

It would be fun to meet y'all in person.
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 12:32 am
Oh whoops.

I missed it. That's depressing.

Why didn't anybody tell me?

Geez and I live right next to the state museum.

You guys should send out e-mails or something.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 12:28 pm
Portal Star, We try to announce get-togethers early enough so people interested can Search for them on a2k. The next one planned is the Europe Gathering in London and Walter's home town in May. I'm planning to be in London from April 29 to May 2, then off to Amsterdam and Walters' for a couple of days before I go down to Southern Italy and the west coast of the Adriatic Sea on tours. We're gonna meet at the ye olde Cheshire Cheese, so if you're interested, visit the Europe Gathering forum on a2k.
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 12:30 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Portal Star, We try to announce get-togethers early enough so people interested can Search for them on a2k. The next one planned is the Europe Gathering in London and Walter's home town in May. I'm planning to be in London from April 29 to May 2, then off to Amsterdam and Walters' for a couple of days before I go down to Southern Italy and the west coast of the Adriatic Sea on tours. We're gonna meet at the ye olde Cheshire Cheese, so if you're interested, visit the Europe Gathering forum on a2k.

Sure, I'm interested. But I'm not going anywhere except Austin. I don't have a car, much less enough money to go to Europe.

I guess... Let me know if you guys meet in Austin again.

I may end up in Scotland if I get into some of the grad schools I applied to.
0 Replies