Plans and info for meeting Oct 22 - 25 in Austin. Jump in!!

PDiddie

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 05:50 pm
Well, that's interesting.

Another minor glitch, apparently.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 05:55 pm
Okay, got it. I will send you BillW's address.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 06:46 pm
I think his last post was just after July 4th. When I looked at his profile earlier, I realized it was just about 2 months since we'd seen him here.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 07:59 pm
I'm also curious if shewolfnm is still wanting to be a part of this Gathering.

So far it's the Diddies and the cicerone imposters, including son who lives in Austin, and Joanne Dorel. A nice small Gathering (that others are still welcome to join).
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 01:48 pm
Hello. Very Happy
I have been on Mommy duty for a while and have not had a chance to turn on my computer.
I am GLAD that everyone is still planning to come to austin! I cant wait t meet you guys. I amstill interested and me and my 'pup' Jillian will be there. :wink:
Though, I do have to say that I dont think I will be able to help much in the planning dept. I cant guarantee I get a shower when i want to with a 7 month old. Good GOD she is beautiful but WOW what a handful. I am loving every minute of it.
Though if anyone still needs info ( seems like everyone is fine?) you can still contact me.. I just wont promise anything. Though I will try my hardest to help.
I have had an idea for an even that would be fun. We have this movie theater here in Austin that is really fun! You buy a general ticket, and inside you can buy beer/wine/food etc... take it to your seating and watch a movie. They have new movies there all the time. It is like a real theater except that it is relaxed, people talk, joke and enjoy the movie over drinks and dinner.. It is cheap.. about 7 bucks a person and then of course up to you how much you eat drink etc.. Of course there will be political rallies of all kinds all over the city. The weather here is PERFECT. Shorts/tshirt kinda stuff.. Boat rides on the lake are very popular this time too ! But more expencive then usual.
I just wanted to get my 2cents in again.. like usual. ;-) i do look forward to this and I cant wait to meet everyone!!
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 12:42 pm
Yo, shewolfnm!

We'll be in Austin around 3 or 4 Friday the 22nd. Dinner and a Sixth Street pub crawl with a few of the Democratic Underground crowd is on tap; probably a round of golf Saturday morning, some Saturday afternoon sports viewing at a local watering hole or tours at the LBJ library or other museum events in the p.m. (I may even help some of the local campaigns phone-bank), and dinner and that damn Bat Cruise we've been trying to do for years on Saturday night.

Brunch either at the Driskill (surprise guest tartarin has now begged off at the last minute attending) or maybe Curra's, which is where the DU group likes to go.

Any other suggestions? c.i., you out there?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 03:11 pm
BRING POUNDS OF MOSQUITO REPELLANT.
you should survive quite well. heheh
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 10:33 am
I will be there this weekend but next weekend I must celebrate mom's b-day. Sorry!

Hope you guys have fun and maybe post a few pics? Smile
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 12:28 pm
This is one of the local ' wattering holes' I have found PD that I think would be fun.
http://www.alamodrafthouse.com/
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 12:34 pm
PDiddie wrote:
c.i., you out there?

PDiddie

c.i. is (again Crying or Very sad :wink: ) "contemporily absent" here.

I'll email him.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 09:28 pm
PDiddie

c.i. will be going to Austin on October 22, and will arrive before 1 PM. Got air, hotel, and rental car all booked.
My email address is my Profile, so I can send you his.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 08:16 pm
Looking forward to some of my buds getting together, hoist one for me. I am sorry Tartarin won't make it, dang it. I want to hear stories of her corgies, and more. She is a really interesting person, I wish you all could meet.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2004 08:17 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
My email address is my Profile, so I can send you his.

Thank you, Walter; I have his e-address and have communicated with him. I just wanted to know if he stuck around.

For the record, your e-mail address (and mine) don't show up in Profile any more. I suspect this is related to the ongoing PM issues.

Yo, osso! We'll toast you.

Anyone have the Boston Gathering thread handy?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2004 08:22 am
Mine does - a bit cryptical , though :wink:
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2004 08:36 am
Well then, maybe it's just me, but I cannot see yours (or anyone else's, including my own, which was always enabled in my profile).

So I am left with posting these requests on threads.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2004 08:37 am
:wink:
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2004 08:40 am
Thank you. You may now edit your post if you like.

I found the Boston Gathering thread. Has there been any progress on a get-together near you (or on your continent)?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2004 09:08 am
Well, some A2K friends are visiting us next Sunday for a week, I'll fly to England in December meeting others - but this is all done on a "private basis".

There's still the idea of a meeting in 2005 - May [when Dys and Diane will be here] or any other month. And either here or ...
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 11:08 pm
PDiddie

Either email me or c.i.

(If your cell phone number still is the same, c.i. will use your one, he knows from the San Francisco meeting.)
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 01:55 pm
c.i. and I have exchanged e-mails today, Walt, and my number hasn't changed.

I feel as if you are owed some portage fee for all of your labor as intermediary here.

How about if cicerone and I raise a toast to you from the capital of Texas this weekend? Will that suffice?
0 Replies