Plans and info for meeting Oct 22 - 25 in Austin. Jump in!!

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 12:33 pm
JD, We're flying non-stop from San Jose to Austin. Wink Thanks for the offer, anyhoos.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 12:35 pm
Have informed KayW of time and place - she can't put in for time off but within about 6 weeks of the event. But, she has gotten started with marking all the calendars of the event - not less than 50 or 60 of them Laughing
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 01:49 pm
shewolf, It would be helpful if you could edit the title of this forum and show the dates. Wink
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 01:51 pm
OK, c.i., I have to stop by Dallas to arrange for things I have in storage to be sent here.

BillW give KayW a big hug for me. October seems like a long time away but I know it will come quickly.

PD same of Mrs. PD. I will bring all of your stuff and the pictures too with negatives. Just in case y'all want to destroy the evidence!

I was wondering, in addition to the Bat Boat Trip, we might squeeze a short trip to San Antonio or the Hill Country in?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 01:58 pm
I like San Antonio's river walk. How far is it? About two hours drive?
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 02:00 pm
80 miles
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 03:15 pm
Ok

1) you are right , no football. oh well.. !!

2) Bat sights... the bridge is but a few miles drive from the hotel you have picked. There is no reservation needed unless you are going to take a boat ride under the bridge. Other then that you can picnic on the side of the lake and wait until sundown ( bring plenty of mosquito spray or you will DIE!! hehe )

3) the only political agenda I can find is a protest against Iraq / war / oil prices... same thing as every election year .. outside the white house. But all the political things that are enjoyable dont advertise this soon.. I will keep an eye out.

4) The Imax theater is going to introduce some new movies on the 15th. They may/may not be of interest.

5) San Antonio is approx 1:20 min drive from highway 35 / 71 . The highway is under MAJOR construction the closer you get to San Antonio and has had some really bad accidents due to lack of clear sight in construction zones.

6) Sea world will be introducing new acts in October and will have a new group rate MAYBE by the time this meeting happens. I dont know if that is of interest to anyone.

Ill get back to ya on the other info!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 03:16 pm
Are we allowed to drive 80 mph in Texas?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 08:22 pm
You can drive 80 anywhere you are not caught. ;-)
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 08:22 pm
Me and Billy be swingin' the sticks:

Bluebonnet Hill Golf Course looks like the best out of this set of reviews;

Circle C Golf Club is coming in second on my scorecard; and...

Roy Kizer GC and Jimmy Clay GC are right next to each other.

Bergstrom Cedarsis right next to the airport, but is cheap and uncrowded, and...

...here are some Marriott stay and play packages.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 09:39 am
PD, BlueBonnet does sound interesting. Actually, I've never found a course I wouldn't rather be on that anywhere else (errr, except for maybe one Cool )

Would you be interested in a Late Friday (being Oct - that would probably be a 2 to 3 tee off) or early Monday morning tee off Question

Of course, any and everybody else is invited. If we could get 40 or so people interested - we could have the 1st annual A2K tournment Smile

Sharpening my driver right now in anticipation Razz
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 10:14 am
I am clueless about golf.. but I love driving the little carts. hehe
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 12:31 pm
BillW wrote:
PD, BlueBonnet does sound interesting. Actually, I've never found a course I wouldn't rather be on that anywhere else (errr, except for maybe one Cool )

Would you be interested in a Late Friday (being Oct - that would probably be a 2 to 3 tee off) or early Monday morning tee off Question

Of course, any and everybody else is invited. If we could get 40 or so people interested - we could have the 1st annual A2K tournment Smile

Sharpening my driver right now in anticipation Razz

We can play any time you like, as October is a fine month in which to play outside (unlike the current dog days). These courses being munies, and having read a lot about crowds and so forth, and having a preference for playing in the AM, I'd say Monday morning is the thing.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 12:44 pm
As we get closer am sounds good (wanna leave weekend alone as much as possible) - 85 degrees here today, gonna get in 18 in about 2 hours Cool

Also, Monday morning has a tendancy to be less crowded...
0 Replies

marycat

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 04:45 am
I don't actually live in Austin anymore, but I am bookmarking in case I happen to have the opportunity perhaps to visit around the time the Gathering gets itself organized...

*waves*
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 09:35 am
Please do make this one marycat, I missed you terribly last time Smile
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 09:36 am
ci waves back to marycat, and says "you'all come to Austin in October, you hear."
0 Replies

marycat

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 06:54 pm
Awwwwww thanks, guys! I'll try really really hard.
Smile
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 07:50 pm
I hope alot of people come to the meeting. I would love to meet many people on this forum!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 07:16 am
I have met many people on this forum and, like orgasms, some are better than others.
0 Replies