Plans and info for meeting Oct 22 - 25 in Austin. Jump in!!

PDiddie

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 07:21 am
dyslexia wrote:
I have met many people on this forum and, like orgasms, some are better than others.

LOL, you old frogman...

You need to come to this Gathering and you and the divine Ms. D need to pick up roger on the way here. He can lay across the back and keep Fred company...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 04:20 pm
Just one request; when we have enough people to approach the hotel of our choice - can we get somebody to volunteer to see if we can get some good rates closer to the date of the gathering? I'm not sure when best rates can be had, but there must be a formula or trade secret about getting the best rates.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 04:47 pm
dyslexia wrote:
I have met many people on this forum and, like orgasms, some are better than others.

Isn't the next line, "but, I've never met a bad one" Cool
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 04:58 pm
What do you expect sitting in front of your computer all day? LOL
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 05:00 pm
Get out, see the world Cool
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 05:16 pm
That's my motto. Wink
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 10:36 am
It is one thing I've come to know about ya c.i. You lucky dog Smile
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 12:31 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Just one request; when we have enough people to approach the hotel of our choice - can we get somebody to volunteer to see if we can get some good rates closer to the date of the gathering? I'm not sure when best rates can be had, but there must be a formula or trade secret about getting the best rates.

I can do this, or I can help she wolf do it.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 01:58 pm
Thanks, PDid, please coordinate with shewolf so you don't end up duplicating your work. Wink
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 02:19 pm
Hear! Hear!
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2004 03:17 am
I vote to stay where we did last year if possible as the breakfasts where good and a great way to start the day. And to make plans for activities and where to meet up and the end of the day.
0 Replies

traveler

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 05:29 pm
Location of gathering in Austin/Texas
What will the location of the gathering in Austin/Texas be located and how many people will attend?
Please let me know.
What have these types of gatherings been like in the past?
Have there or will there be any gatherings in the NYC area?
Looking for any info.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 07:49 pm
Don't know about NYC gatherings, but Boston has gatherings quite frequently. I've attended two so far; the first in London in March of last year, and the second in San Francisco this past April. There's been several gatherings in Florida, one in Albuquerque, and I think one in Wisconsin. This will be the second gathering in Texas. A2K Gatherings are fun; we get to meet the people and party together; enjoy good food and conversation, and visit interesting venues. Most A2Kers are above average in every way. Wink
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 02:27 pm
So what's the latest, anyone?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 02:32 pm
Since we've already made our flight reservations, and informed our son about our visit, we'll be there for sure.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 10:32 am
Austin Oct 22 - 25 will be there. Anyone decide on hotels yet?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 01:23 pm
Just tell me.. Ill do it ;-)
I can probally get good rates because I can ask for a corporate discount since my hubby works for UT.
I use his job all the time to get discounts on things. It should work for hotels too.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2004 07:40 am
We have some free nights somewhere we intend to use; Raddison, I think. When Ms. Diddie arises I will inquire...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2004 01:52 pm
shewolf, We're still looking for a place to stay, so please keep us in mind. We're staying in Austin from October 22 to October 29 - leaving on the 29th. Let us know what kind of rates you can get, and I'll compare them to some travel links.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 10:41 pm
osso listens, due to secret interest in conversation and food...
0 Replies