Idiot Protestors Snarl Traffic_Ambulance diverted

Linkat

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2015 01:12 pm
@chai2,
Obviously I chose the word to draw attention, but if these guys are not idiots then they understood the ramifications and they are whose than idiots. That means they intentionally did something that could resultimate in the death of another human being.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2015 01:16 pm
@chai2,
Chai it's simply that frank is one of those persons that has to be right. So because we proven this actime is nothe an appropriate way to protest he must pick apart any word you use.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2015 01:30 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

Chai it's simply that frank is one of those persons that has to be right. So because we proven this actime is nothe an appropriate way to protest he must pick apart any word you use.

Knock off the lying, Link. My first post in this thread was:

Quote:

If every protester gave the benefit of the doubt to not protesting if it MIGHT interfere with traffic of any sort...

...there would never be any protesting.

I doubt the protesters intentionally meant for the ambulance to be diverted. It happened...and it was an unfortunate happening.

But protests will happen...and unintended disruptions will happen also.

The world will not come to an end...nor will the Earth stop spinning on its axis.

They are not idiots...they are people willing to take the time and effort to stand up for something they feel strongly about.

My disagreement with the word "idiots" was established long before you went into a snit because I had the temerity to disagree with you. For you to suggest I am "picking on a word" because of what you imagine you did...is a joke.

In my opinion, these people are not idiots.

But you are one of the people who has to disparage people who disagree with you...apparently because of low self-esteem issues.
chai2

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2015 01:36 pm
I've seen this happen here, and in other places as well.

I didn't think it was difficult to understand that you didn't mean idiot in the medical definition, or that these people had no worth in life. I also understood that using that term didn't make you (and me an apparantly others) people suffering from inferiority complexes or some other mental condition. I also got that this didn't make you or me someone who thought they never made a mistake in their life and was perfect.

One word, that's already typed out. Can't go back and edit to please every single person or people who have a compulsion beat some dead horse over something that has been explained to them more than once.

I'm still interested, has police violence decreased anywhere since all of this?

I don't have any more to add about the use of the word idiot, except that I'll continue to use it if I choose, and expect people to understand a little poetic license.

If they don't, tough titty for them.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2015 01:49 pm
@chai2,
You and Link used the word repeatedly...often...and with intent to make these people seem as ignorant and irresponsible as possible. You both meant to call them stupid and ignorant.

Frankly, there is too much of that happening in A2K. I have been called stupid, ignorant, a moron, an idiot...on several occasions. I have seen other people who obviously are none of those thing (neither am I) called those names also.

I saw an excess...and I called it to the forum's attention.

I was a reasonable thing to do...and I am happy I did it.

Now...if you want to demean other people's intelligence in order to feel better about yourself...do it. I support your right to do so.

I can't understand why you are so worked up over someone disagreeing with you doing it, but I support your right to do it.
giujohn

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2015 04:58 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
These protesters may have been misguided...and they may not have thought out all the ramifications of what they were doing...

...but they are NOT perforce idiots...

What Frank misses is a basic understanding of the exercise of ones rights. Rights are NOT absolute and stop being a right when they interfere with the rights of others.
When you exercise your right and it poses a danger to others the action is a CRIME. Anyone who purposely does so is an IDIOT. (FELONY STUPID) It would be no different then exercising your 1st amendment rights by yelling fire in a crowed, dark theater. To say that these people did not know that their actions would endanger the public is to be disingenous and if they didnt know it would be dangerous, is prima facie evidence that they ARE idiots.
giujohn

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2015 05:10 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
and I am saying they cannot be called idiots just because of what you are citing as idiotic behavior.

This has to be the most laughable statement you have made in a very long time.
Linkat

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2015 05:33 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Awesome I knew I could flame your fire ... just so easy.
Linkat

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2015 05:41 pm
@Frank Apisa,
One thing that I agree with these people are ignorant ND irresponsible. That is my point .. the use of the word is to be not political, to draw attention and catch ones eye and to be controversial. At least I did so without putting anyone'seen life in danger.

But you are much to easy rile up.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2015 05:49 pm
Apparently no one looked at my comments re the T.C. Boyle book, Friend of the Earth, or dismissed them. I haven't finished it yet, a slog for me since I don't like the subject. It is both dystopian, not my thing, and hard for me to read re details.

Boyle is one of the better U.S. writers.

Early on in it, they do the cement/concrete thing. Whoever planned that concrete business in Boston was perhaps stupid, but not an idiot.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T._Coraghessan_Boyle

Not to blame Boyle, but that the protesters may not all have been well meaning regarding stopping city safety vehicles.
Linkat

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2015 05:59 pm
@ossobuco,
I always thought stupid was worse than idiot. Do you need to be little people calling them stupid to feel better about yourself?

I have read your comments just haven't read the book
ossobuco

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2015 06:07 pm
@Linkat,
On stupid, I'd have to reread back to see if I said that, maybe.
I meant that who planned the concrete thing was neither, except, er, dumb, about how it would work out. Maybe they didn't know the book, probably not, just had heard it was a way to stop stuff. It was a known tactic.

"Do you need to be little people calling them stupid to feel better about yourself?"
No, do you?

Ah, I said, perhaps stupid. I don't rescind that.

That is because voluntarily planting your arm in setting concrete can lead to much pain for you.
Linkat

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2015 06:15 pm
@ossobuco,
I found a summary of what you were referring to -anyone trying to copy that after reading the book would have to be an idiot --- oops mis-informed and lacking any understanding of the English language if they thought it would end well. Seems like similar results.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2015 06:18 pm
@Linkat,
I agree. Maybe whoever worked that out had learned only from hearsay.

I take it, though, that it was planned as a stopper, not just for fun.

Not by all protesters, or even many. But, some.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2015 06:22 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

"Do you need to be little people calling them stupid to feel better about yourself?"
No, do you?

Apparently i do. Seems I suffer for self esteem issues..
ossobuco

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2015 06:24 pm
@Linkat,
Nah, you're ok.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2015 07:24 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

Seems I suffer for self esteem issues..

Yes, apparantly, unbeknowst to me, I do too.

I for one am glad I have someone like Frank now that can tell me what I'm thinking and feeling. Just imagine all the years I have been imagining I knew how I felt about things.

How could we have been so wrong linkat?

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2015 08:28 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Quote:
These protesters may have been misguided...and they may not have thought out all the ramifications of what they were doing...

...but they are NOT perforce idiots...

What Frank misses is a basic understanding of the exercise of ones rights. Rights are NOT absolute and stop being a right when they interfere with the rights of others.
When you exercise your right and it poses a danger to others the action is a CRIME. Anyone who purposely does so is an IDIOT. (FELONY STUPID) It would be no different then exercising your 1st amendment rights by yelling fire in a crowed, dark theater. To say that these people did not know that their actions would endanger the public is to be disingenous and if they didnt know it would be dangerous, is prima facie evidence that they ARE idiots.

What you miss is a basic understanding of humanity. Frankly, that is a much worse problem than the one you are pretending I have.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2015 08:29 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Quote:
and I am saying they cannot be called idiots just because of what you are citing as idiotic behavior.

This has to be the most laughable statement you have made in a very long time.

Nothing laughable about it. It is the truth.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2015 08:30 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

Awesome I knew I could flame your fire ... just so easy.

Pat yourself on the back, Link. While I laugh at you.