WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT THIS....NOW!

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 03:38 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
If you find free people frightening, there are plenty of countries out there where no one has any freedom.

That's true, but you don't want to compare the U.S. to a third world nation to make your point, do you ? The civilized world, the industrial nations have surpassed the U.S. a long time ago - all without guns, just using their brains.
Now, how about that?
Below viewing threshold (view)
CalamityJane

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 03:48 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
I live in the U.S. but I am not blind - perhaps you could look at
the world economy for a better understanding.
oralloy

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 03:51 pm
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:
That's true, but you don't want to compare the U.S. to a third world nation to make your point, do you ?

Might depend on the circumstances. I'm happy to compare the US favorably with third-world hellholes like Italy. But that is way off topic for this thread.

Since I did not compare the US with a third world nation in this thread, I'm not sure what the point is.

CalamityJane wrote:
The civilized world, the industrial nations have surpassed the U.S. a long time ago - all without guns, just using their brains.
Now, how about that?

I am not aware of being surpassed, but even if that were so, I would certainly not want to give up my freedom.

Your use of the terminology "civilized world" and "industrial nation" is a bit inaccurate, given the fact that the US is the foremost nation in both categories.
DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 03:53 pm
@CalamityJane,
The world is a big place, could you be specific? China has eclipsed the world, and still only permits people to have one child, and their human rights record, is actually unrecorded as of yet.

0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 03:54 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
Your use of the terminology "civilized world" and "industrial nation" is a bit inaccurate, given the fact that the US is the foremost nation in both categories.

And you know that how? Most business publications, even American ones, tell a different story and they're based on research and facts. Of course, from the basement of your mother's house, you'll probably see the world quite clear and rosy.
oralloy

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 04:01 pm
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:
And you know that how?

I pay attention to reality.

CalamityJane wrote:
Most business publications, even American ones, tell a different story and they're based on research and facts.

I'd ask for a cite, but this seems to be WAY off topic.

CalamityJane wrote:
Of course, from the basement of your mother's house, you'll probably see the world quite clear and rosy.

What is it with Freedom Haters and childish name-calling anyway?

Sheesh!
0 Replies

One Eyed Mind

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 04:15 pm
@hawkeye10,
Hawk, the majority's opinion is an omen.

Maybe in a time when people aren't choosing the thousandth tyrant over a compassionate genius (Nikola Tesla).

Maybe in a time when the news was out of business and fear tactics or manipulative tactics fell on ears that have better things to hear than death, drama and disturbance.

Maybe in a time when people could tell the difference between the truth and the illusion thereof.

Maybe in a time when people have passed the hope finding stage and were on the stage to make something out of that hope.

Maybe in a time people didn't get a rise out of voting in a piece of **** into office because they have absolutely no confidence or power or control over their own lives.

But now? No, the people are god awfully stupid and that's why we have children as prodigies in this era - adults are far gone out of insanity in this generation, or should I say, degeneration.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 04:34 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
Very nice piece. I'm going to steal it.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 04:40 pm
@hawkeye10,
Hawkeye, it is heart breaking. How will this kid process it when he's inevitably told? Why did she need a pistol at WalMart? Why did she leave her purse where anybody could grab it? Why did she have a round chambered? Lots of bad and tough questions with no good or easy answers.

Thank you for starting this opinion.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 04:42 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
The gun owner is responsible, not the state of Idaho.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 05:05 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
For the smart gun thing, you would need tech that was reliable enough for people to depend on in defense of their lives,

When such smart guns are at the stage that the police begin to carry them and depend on them we can talk about demanding all new firearms be smart guns.

After all assuming you can depend on them in a life and death situation they would be a wonderful tool for the police who then would no longer need to fear that their firearms would be seized and used to killed them.

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 05:10 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
When such smart guns are at the stage that the police begin to carry them and depend on them we can talk about demanding all new firearms be smart guns

agreed. Is the technology ready? I want to see cop guns all with owner fire only technology, and recording the time and gps position of the weapon firing when the cop is on duty.

Quote:
After all assuming you can depend on them in a life and death situation they would be a wonderful tool for the police who then would no longer need to fear that their firearms would be seized and used to killed them.

we cant even get the state to tell us how many citizens it agents (the cops) kill each year, we need to be able to crawl before we walk when it comes to the cops use of guns.
BillRM

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 05:11 pm
@Butrflynet,
Quote:
Some states have laws requiring all guns sold in the state have trigger safety lock devices. It needs to become a federal standard.

A trigger locked on a gun you are carrying around for protection????!!!!!???

Let see please wait until I get the trigger lock off my gun before you can plunge that knife into my heart.

Hell you can not protect fools be those fools having a chain saw in their hands or a gun with a round in the chamber and no safety on.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 05:16 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
A trigger locked on a gun you are carrying around for protection????!!!!!???

yes, explain the problem with this please
BillRM

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 05:39 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
yes, explain the problem with this please

Simple if my wife find herself in danger of being attack while walking to her car for example it would take her only a moment to get her firearm out of it conceal carry purse and in the case of her revolver pull back the hammer or in the case of her auto chamber a round and released the safety on the gun.

However a trigger lock is not design to be removed in a rapid manner it is design for safety when the gun is being store in a home.

What happen to the mother was not due to the gun being unsafe but in her handling it/carrying it in a very unsafe manner.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 05:47 pm
@hawkeye10,
Oh I would love to know the name of the gun that would have such a low trigger pull that a toddler could pull it!!!!!!!!

The range of trigger pulls is normally anywhere from three pounds to 11 pounds.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 05:53 pm
It could have happened to anyone:

Georgia Police Chief William McCollom Says He Shot His Wife Accidentally -- TWICE
Source: HuffPo

By David Lohr
Posted: 01/01/2015 1:45 pm EST Updated: 3 hours ago

A Georgia police chief, who claims he accidentally shot his wife twice, has been placed on administrative leave, pending the outcome of the investigation.

According to the Peachtree City Police Department, their chief of police, William McCollom, called emergency dispatchers Thursday morning to report he had accidentally shot his wife.

Peachtree City, the largest city in Fayette County, is located approximately 30 miles southwest of Atlanta.

In circumstances that remain unclear, McCollom's service weapon discharged twice and the bullets struck his wife, Margaret, Georgia Bureau of Investigation spokeswoman Sherry Lang told 11alive.com.

Margaret McCollom was airlifted to the Atlanta Medical Center, where she is listed in critical condition.

Read more: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/01/william-mccollom_n_6404050.html
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 06:17 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Oh I would love to know the name of the gun that would have such a low trigger pull that a toddler could pull it!!!!!!!!

This is not the first time your brain has come into conflict with reality.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 06:18 pm
@BillRM,
planning to buy one for the toddlers in your family?

for self-defense purposes of course Rolling Eyes