WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT THIS....NOW!

NSFW (view)
coldjoint

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2015 07:41 pm
@giujohn,
Quote:
And I dont know what, if anything, has happened to him.

Most likely reported by some blowhole. They seem to have quite a bit of pull around here.http://lunaticoutpost.com/smilies/golfcnff.jpeg
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2015 09:07 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
engineer wrote:
So why do we need to talk about this now? We said we were going to talk about it after Sandy Hook. The result was looser gun laws and the NRA pushing for arming teachers. In the year after Sandy Hook, 72 children were killed by other children and 52 of those deaths were due to guns being left unsecured. Why is this death any different? In 2013, three Americans were killed by terrorists (Boston) so deaths of children from unsecured guns is over an order of magnitude higher. How much did we spend on preventing those gun deaths compared to how much we spend on anti-terror. We all like to vote oralloy down but we all know deep down that he is right. A minority of a plurality has driven us to self destructive behavior and is keeping the gun pointed at our heads.

I just saw a commercial on PBS for an upcoming episode of Frontline which will examine the indomitable might of the gun rights movement in America.

I'm a bit concerned over whether they will get the facts right, but Frontline usually does get it right, so maybe I shouldn't be concerned.

Mixed bag on the fact checking results.

Frontline did good on understanding the underlying structure of the gun rights movement. It was a refreshing change from brain-dead Freedom Haters who think we're all the NRA, or who think we're controlled by the gun manufacturers.

They did not-so-good in describing the 2013 gun control debacle. They made it sound like the gun control fight centered on a bunch of moderates who were trying to establish background checks at gun shows. But in reality the 2013 gun control fight focused almost entirely on an extremist effort to ban harmless cosmetic features like pistol grips on rifles.

(Not that there aren't a ton of problems with imposing background checks on gun shows.)
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
oralloy

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2015 09:09 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:
So...you're in favor of a law that will reqiure the gov. to assess if an individual might commit murder and deny that person a firearm???

Farmerman is for blanket repeal of all gun rights, with only a privileged few being allowed to own guns. No individual assessments necessary (unless someone is trying to become one of those privileged few I suppose).

He's a hypocrite though, because he owns a lot of guns himself. He thinks he's going to be one of those privileged few after the rest of us are all forced to give up our guns.

But he's actually a pretty convenient hypocrite. People like him really sabotaged Mr. Obama's gun control effort a couple years ago by stridently insisting on extremist and unconstitutional laws.

The NRA probably would have won no matter what, but it is scary to think how much harder the fight would have been had the focus not been pistol grips on rifles.
farmerman

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2015 10:31 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
Farmerman is for blanket repeal of all gun rights, with only a privileged few being allowed to own guns

Reading comprehension apparently is not high on your list of accomplishments oral. maybe if you continued your hiatus to enhance your reading skills, you wouldn't **** up your interpretations.
farmerman

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2015 01:14 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:

My reading skills are fine. And so are my interpretations
Youd never know, what with your Alzheimers and all.

Quote:
You hate our freedom just as much as your buddies in al-Qa'ida do
youre a raving madman.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2015 03:08 pm
@farmerman,
So you wouldn't say his absence has brought about a more controlled, measured and quietly dignified Oralloy then.

That's a surprise.
Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2015 03:11 pm
@izzythepush,
Whose absence?
izzythepush

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2015 03:24 pm
@Lordyaswas,
We've all been blessed with about a week free of Oralboy. I think he got banned because he's stupid.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2015 03:33 pm
@izzythepush,
Id hate to put him on ignore because he is such a won ton liar and as such, is quite entertaining. He shouts his stuff at everyone else (witness his recent melt-down and subsequent wrist slapping). Then he accuses others of his own practices . Hes precious,simply precious.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2015 04:12 pm
@farmerman,
I haven't read him for a while, but I don't need to, he's said it all before. He's like a rather primitive computer programme with a limited set of responses, I've seen him do the circuit enough times now.
farmerman

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2015 04:56 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
The only one here who has thrown a temper tantrum is you

Seems by that very statement you've managed to hitewsh your entire melt-down of this past week. I suppose that its good that you can become a clean slate in each new day.

my-my-my hes not a liar mama, hes suffering from traumatic memory losses.

farmerman

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2015 04:56 pm
@izzythepush,
but hes our little monkey.
farmerman

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2015 04:57 pm
@coldjoint,
Pinky, why don't you find a nice gerbil to satisfy your needs.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2015 05:45 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Seems by that very statement you've managed to hitewsh your entire melt-down of this past week.

No need to whitewash something that doesn't exist.

You're the only one throwing a little tantrum here.

farmerman wrote:
my-my-my hes not a liar mama, hes suffering from traumatic memory losses.

My memory is impeccable.

And I note your continued inability to point to a single fact that I am wrong about.
0 Replies