21
   

When does baby's life start?

 
 
Quehoniaomath
 
  3  
Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2014 12:18 pm
@Rickoshay75,
Quote:
As far back as I can remember baby's first sign of life started with a doctor's slap, including my own children, and if one slap wasn't enough, he kept doing it until the baby cried in protest.


That is called Torturing a child! No kidding! The first trauma's take place at birth!
Th whole thing about birth in a hospital is terrible!!!!

0 Replies
 
Rickoshay75
 
  2  
Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2014 12:25 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Rickoshay75 wrote:
So if women are not allowed to chose, because of intrusive male politics, that forces thousands of lone, frightened, desperate women and girls back to the way it was 60 years ago -- coat hangers and back alleys

Good grief. Spare me the extremist slogans.

I doubt that thousands are turned down for third-trimester abortions (though I admit not being interested enough to look up any numbers).

If they are, they should have gotten their abortion before the fetus was viable.


You're kidding yourself. You can't make established things you don't like go away with ifs ands and buts - nobody can.
oralloy
 
  0  
Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2014 12:56 pm
@Rickoshay75,
Rickoshay75 wrote:
You're kidding yourself. You can't make established things you don't like go away with ifs ands and buts - nobody can.

Much of the United States prohibits elective abortions after viability, only allowing such abortions if there is some sort of serious deformity in the fetus or if there is a danger to the mother.

If you don't like that, lobby your state legislature to change the law.
0 Replies
 
Moment-in-Time
 
  1  
Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2014 01:15 pm
@CalamityJane,
Quote:

Don't bother with him, glitterbag, he's just a stupid troll.


A troll? You really think so? I've always thought he was a natural born idiot!
coldjoint
 
  -2  
Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2014 01:26 pm
@Moment-in-Time,

Quote:
A troll? You really think so?

Anyone who disagrees with you vapid liberals is a troll.
glitterbag
 
  2  
Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2014 02:24 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:


Quote:
A troll? You really think so?

Anyone who disagrees with you vapid liberals is a troll.


Looks like you touched a nerve. Hahahahahahahahahaha
Kolyo
 
  1  
Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2014 02:32 pm
I once read a book on fuzzy logic where the author suggested that life does not begin entirely at conception or entirely at birth, but gradually, over the period between the two points in time.
coldjoint
 
  -2  
Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2014 02:32 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Looks like you touched a nerve.


Do you realize that statement is ass-backwards?
glitterbag
 
  3  
Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2014 05:57 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
Looks like you touched a nerve.


Do you realize that statement is ass-backwards?


Do realize you are a fool? When will your life start, skippy?
0 Replies
 
Rickoshay75
 
  1  
Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2014 01:49 pm
@Kolyo,
Kolyo wrote:

I once read a book on fuzzy logic where the author suggested that life does not begin entirely at conception or entirely at birth, but gradually, over the period between the two points in time.


True, there is no awareness (life) the first days after a baby is born, just pooping, peeing, crying, and diaper changes -- all reactions to stimuli - no thought, no memory...
Kolyo
 
  1  
Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2014 02:19 pm
@Rickoshay75,
However the fuzzy theorist says life has completely begun by birth. It's just at times prior to birth that he says life has "partially" begun.
0 Replies
 
Frank Apisa
 
  2  
Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2014 02:34 pm
Regardless of when it starts...it is a unique situation...

...and if a pregnant woman decides to terminate the pregnancy occurring her own body...

...she should have unrestricted rights to do so.

If it terminates a life because some people want to describe a fetus as a living human...so be it.

But the woman should be the sole determinant of whether to continue a pregnancy or not...not the government.

Rickoshay75
 
  1  
Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2014 04:14 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Regardless of when it starts...it is a unique situation...

...and if a pregnant woman decides to terminate the pregnancy occurring her own body...

...she should have unrestricted rights to do so.

If it terminates a life because some people want to describe a fetus as a living human...so be it.

But the woman should be the sole determinant of whether to continue a pregnancy or not...not the government.




Great way of putting it. I couldn't do it better.

0 Replies
 
revelette2
 
  1  
Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2014 09:26 am
I used to be so absolute on this issue of abortion, like everything else I guess, the older I get the less absolute I am. In the end, I find myself coming down on the side of choice, it was a long time in coming.

As far as the question, no idea. I tend the think life begins at conception rather like a flower to begins to grow, the life of a baby has a many stages before it blooms so to speak into life. (my own reasoning, not anything scientific or anything)
Linkat
 
  2  
Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2014 10:14 am
@Rickoshay75,
Life is at conception - there is no doubt that it is a life. I think the question is when does this life equate to human life.
neologist
 
  1  
Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2014 11:23 am
If we are talking about when it would be morally OK to terminate a fetus, perhaps the decision should be left up to the fetus,
Rickoshay75
 
  2  
Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2014 11:41 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

Life is at conception - there is no doubt that it is a life. I think the question is when does this life equate to human life.


Awareness starts when the child's memory coincides with what is happening around it and to it -- when it discovers it's ME and the consequences of being ME.


0 Replies
 
Linkat
 
  2  
Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2014 11:52 am
@revelette2,
When I was younger meaning before actually being pregnant myself, I didn't have a strong opinion though my basic thought is when a choice is something in the moral reasoning one should have a choice as everyone's morals are different.

That being said, after being pregnant and having a baby, myself, I could not see terminating a pregnancy -- after hearing the heart beat and feeling the baby move and experiencing all that - but that is my personal moral stance and take away someone else's moral belief (although it would be difficult for me to understand ending a life) I could not do.
Frank Apisa
 
  2  
Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2014 01:39 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

If we are talking about when it would be morally OK to terminate a fetus, perhaps the decision should be left up to the fetus,


The fetus is inside a woman's body. She makes the decision for the fetus.

neologist
 
  1  
Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2014 06:19 pm
@Frank Apisa,
neologist wrote:
If we are talking about when it would be morally OK to terminate a fetus, perhaps the decision should be left up to the fetus,
Frank Apisa wrote:
The fetus is inside a woman's body. She makes the decision for the fetus.
I was thinking one might wait for the fetus to develop.
 

Related Topics

Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
Let's get rid of the Electoral College - Discussion by Robert Gentel
McCain's VP: - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
Food Stamp Turkeys - Discussion by H2O MAN
The 2008 Democrat Convention - Discussion by Lash
McCain is blowing his election chances. - Discussion by McGentrix
Snowdon is a dummy - Discussion by cicerone imposter
GAFFNEY: Whose side is Obama on? - Discussion by gungasnake
 
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 12/08/2021 at 07:52:07