chai2

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 10:06 am
I guess I just need to get this off my chest.

I went out to dinner with Wallette (Wally's daughter, my step dtr) last night, and her girlfriend of 2 months now. I'll call her Dazzle.

At one point when Dazzle when to the ladies room, I asked Wallette "so, things are going well with the 2 of you?" She said yes, then added. It's nice. There's no drama, we both know who we are. It's very comfortable and easy. Later I asked both of them "So what do you have planned for the evening (it was Saturday night).
Wallette said "We're going back to my house, and we're going to read"

Just as simple as that. Not that they were going to go perform some unnatural act, or go out and entice unsuspecting young women to join the daughters of Sappho. They were going to both sit down and read.

Later on, when I came home I had a thought I'd never had before, and it made such sense.
People in generally don't look at their (straight) sons and daughters, or for that matter, anyone who is straight, imagining what they are doing while intimate with another. For a father or mother, they would say "that's disgusting, I don't want to think of my son/daughter having sex." Or "I don't think about other people having sex except in the abstract. To think about it in the particular is either invading their privacy, disgusting, or at least unappealing to consider."
Just as a son or daughter doesn't want to think about their parents having sex. It's disgusting.
If you have a thought of any straight person you know having straight sex, I'm pretty sure in general you turn your thoughts way from that, because to think of it is "disgusting" at some level or another. It's definately invasive.

You don't dwell on straight sex, and are able to from doing so, but suddenly because it's a same sex couple one is compelled to think about it at such length that you are disgusted. Disgusted to the point that they can preach about it, bash gays, prohibit them from living their lives as they see fit.

Wallette has her masters, and she's very successful in her field. Dazzle has her doctorate. She's a scientist, and frequently travels to give presentations but in the U.S. and abroad.

They don't have issues that so many people who come on here do. They can figure out for themselves issues that so called "normal" people have. There's no stories of "I found out by sneaking looks at her phone that she's having phone sex with someone, or she's not satisfying me so I have to go out and meet other people." and all that other garbage.

If the small fraction of time that they are intimate disgusts you....don't think about it. You probably shouldn't be dwelling on something that personal to someone else anyway. Problem solved.
Just as you don't think about the small fraction of time your straight sons, daughters, friends, co-workers are being intimate.

Below viewing threshold (view)
chai2

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2015 02:42 pm
@HesDeltanCaptain,
HesDeltan Captain, do you ever actually read threads before you post on them?
chai2

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2015 06:16 pm
@chai2,
BTW, Wallette and Dazzle are still together, 8 months later.

I guess it's permanent, they're getting a puppy. Cool
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2015 05:15 am
@chai2,
Sorry Chai, guess you were expecting a reasoned discussion about why some people can't get past picturing gay sex which they wouldn't do with a heterosexual couple. Instead you ended up talking to someone who likes to fixate on his mother masturbating.

I don't think something as mundane as why people are homophobic can get a mention after that particular revelation.

Nice try though.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2015 06:59 am
@chai2,
Let me get this straight. Chai is obsessing about people's obsessions about other people's sex lives.

This is a rather funny thread.

0 Replies

TheSubliminalKid

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2015 01:07 pm
@HesDeltanCaptain,
HesDeltanCaptain wrote:

I actually like to think my Mom's getting off regularly and frequently recommend vibrators and masturbation to her. "No one can make you orgasms better than you." as I frequently tell her.

http://reactionimage.org/img/gallery/1027419879.jpg
InfraBlue

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2015 03:03 pm
So, that's what they call it nowadays, "reading."
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2015 02:46 pm
@TheSubliminalKid,
If you'd like to see some really off the wall HDC check out this website:

http://www.psychforums.com/blog/HesDeltanCaptain/
roger

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2015 03:45 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Thanks, but no thanks.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2015 06:30 am
@roger,
Can't say as I blame you. Its only more of the same and worse.
0 Replies

Professor Gumbus

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2015 12:00 pm
@chai2,
Yes, we think of 'what they do' , we're kind of forced to...and that's what offends those who get offended. They don't want to have to think of 'that'.

Why does the subject strike us like this? Well, if you don't hang out with gays regularly, it's a new subject to your mind? That kind of effect?

As to why the comments here read like someone shared something meaningful to them, but everyone just talked nonsense like special kids who cant pay attention... maybe folks just don't know what to say here because you said it all. And it's not a subject they have experience with.

But..Gays have more acceptance now than ever before. Straight people leap to their defense all the time, at the slightest social problem they encounter. Even transsexuals are getting welcomed into humanity of late. Amazing.

Let people think what they need to. For a while, they just need to; then they'll get done with that and have grown a little. It's what the awareness campaigns are intended to make happen. (And it's what was meant by "we're queer, we're here, get used to it") People need to get used to it. It was secreted away for so long. (Plus many of them are fighting with secret urges they don't know what to do with themselves!~)
chai2

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2015 01:12 pm
@Professor Gumbus,
You make good points Perfesser.

You're right. The reaction of immediately going to potty humor is pretty indicative of "I don't understand that, so I'm going to make silly jokes, because I'm uncomfortable" rings true.

However, without going back to look over the posts, there are people that have posted here that are enlightened people.

Fact is, I personally don't see where someone has to be particularly enlighted to not immediately zero in on sexual matters of anyone.

I do though tend to disagree that we are "forced to" No more than I'm forced to wondering what someone who is a vegan, a morman, a mountain climber or a plumber do sexually.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Tue 18 Aug, 2015 07:26 am
Sometime you don't think of what they do, but maybe you should...

I was talking with a couple of gay friends years ago, about the Mussolini fetish that some people harbor in Italy. I joked that one of my projects was to spay all over Rome some graffiti of the Duce sucking a big cock... Of course I meant it as some kind of insult to his manhood... They looked at me dumbfounded, and asked: "but... what's wrong with that?" Embarrassed
izzythepush

Reply Tue 18 Aug, 2015 07:36 am
@Olivier5,
What have you got against Italian cats?
chai2

Reply Tue 18 Aug, 2015 08:23 am
@izzythepush,
I'm trying to figure out what his post has to do with anything.

izzythepush

Reply Tue 18 Aug, 2015 09:12 am
@chai2,
He just wants us to collectively swoon at his erudition.

Who would have thought that a gay guy wouldn't be upset by a picture of Mussolini playing the pink oboe?

Unfortunately that's the sort of useless crap I tend to remember.
Olivier5

Reply Tue 18 Aug, 2015 09:47 am
@chai2,
Izzy will know best...
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 18 Aug, 2015 04:07 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

collectively swoon at his erudition.

Who would have thought that a gay guy wouldn't be upset by a picture of Mussolini playing the pink oboe?

Uh....I guess this is a Europe thing. We don't think about Mussolini often around these parts. Meaning never.

You two just carry on saying grade school naughty things. I'll check back in a few days to see if any adults show up.

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 18 Aug, 2015 05:26 pm
@chai2,
It is not likely that either Wally or you would be privy to how their relationship really works. They were as likely to be going home to haul out the whips and ropes as they were to be actually reading. Maybe there is third person in the relationship. Maybe they regularly abuse each other.

You flatter yourself with what you think you know.