Does she just need space ?

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 09:13 am
My ex and I broke up because of an argument...I called her a bitch and bi polar...no matter how much I apologize she doesn't want to hear it...after my last apology she sent this text.... Please just leave me alone. I'm sorry that I don't want to be with you and it's hurting but that was before and I changed my mind about you after I got to know you better. You can think you're playing games with me and what not but your not. Just stop. I forgive you but I'll never forget the things you said. You already said them and you can't take them back, no matter what you say. So think what you want about me but if you want to respect me at all please just let me be. I'm sorry things came to this.

Is it over or is she just speaking out of anger...and just needs space ?

girly976

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 09:53 am
@ginero28,
For now, back off and leave her alone. When a person we love calls us horrible names like you mentioned, our feeling of security with them goes out the window. We are supposed to feel safe and protected by our loved ones, especially if we grew up without bonding to parents who also called us names. So: 1. she grew up with name-calling and you've hurt her more than she can say, or 2. she respects herself enough to know that she doesn't want to put up with a partner who will resort to calling her names in anger instead of talking out an issue. If you really love her, you will find a way to control your anger so you don't continue to lash out at people when you are in an argument. Learn to make your relationship a safe place to be even when you disagree. The key to getting past the disagreements is for your partner to know that you love and respect her all the time. She has asked for what she wants you to do: "if you want to respect me at all please just let me be." Your only chance with her is to do exactly that. Gain time and perspective. Re-approach at a later date,gently, if you still have feelings for her.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 10:09 am
I believe her message is extremely clear.

Pestering her at some future date is disrespectful and self serving.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 10:14 am
@ginero28,
ginero28 wrote:

Is it over or is she just speaking out of anger...and just needs space ?

It's over. Respect her request to leave her alone.

She doesn't sound angry at all.

One of the things you can do to respect her is to learn from this and have better future relationships.
contrex

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 10:54 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
One of the things you can do ... is ... have better future relationships.

...by not dating bipolar bitches?
0 Replies

ginero28

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 01:22 pm
This was my apology.... I know I've been back and forth with stupid **** Jen. I sat and read every single text...and facebook message I've ever sent you. I'm sorry for breaking your heart...I can't turn back time and take back all the arguing and dumb **** I've put you through. They say the best way to find out something's limitations is to desire it. I pushed you to your limit and I don't blame you for hating me Jen...but I truly love you and desire you. I've talked to so many ppl about how to make everything better...but I haven't listened to my own heart. I play these stupid games to see exactly how much you like me...or if you'll still forgive me after I'm an ass...and I crossed the line this time. I was emotional about the whole friends thing...which is why I said I didn't want to be friends. I'm ashamed to even have called you those things haven been raised by a single mother. I called you out your name...I have no reason to be mad for you leaving...only ashamed to have pushed you to this point. If in the future you'll allow me to be your friend...I'll prove to you exactly how much you mean to me. I know you're a busy girl...I got mad about not meeting my mom...when we could have just rescheduled. I got mad about you standing me up...yet the very next day you came to Flint. I'm finally accepting the fact that I've lost you and my stupid games won't work anymore...for the last 2 months I hadn't even told you goodmoring or goodnight...that use to be our thing. I took you for granted...and I just hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me. I understand if you don't want to talk to me anymore...but whether I'm your friend, boyfriend or stranger...I promise to never say anything like that again to you or any woman. I don't expect you to take me back...but I'm about to be 24 in a few days...a grown ass man that's too old for the bullshit games I've been playing...I just want to make things right...
chai2

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 02:31 pm
@ginero28,
So, you decided to pester her, even though she explicitly told you not to.

It's all about you, isn't it?

If you were really a "grown ass man" you'd have respected her request.

But....you didn't.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 02:33 pm
@ginero28,
ginero28 wrote:

if you want to respect me at all please just let me be.

Obviously you don't respect her, as you went against her direct wishes.

There's no excuse for what you have just done.

Leave her alone.
ginero28

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 04:12 pm
No I wrote that first...then she replied with what I posted
ginero28

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 04:13 pm
@chai2,
That was my apology Chai2...her response was what I posted...I haven't contacted her since
chai2

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 04:21 pm
@ginero28,
Good.

So the subject is closed. Be a grown ass man.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 04:26 pm
@ginero28,
Hopefully you will understand someday that the apology was a mess and not helpful.

In any case, leave this alone and learn from what has happened.
ginero28

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 04:28 pm
@chai2,
Stop being mean lol
ginero28

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 04:31 pm
@ehBeth,
How was it a mess ?
ehBeth

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 04:34 pm
@ginero28,
too much
too emotional

and way too much about you
ginero28

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 04:36 pm
@ehBeth,
Thanks for the insight...if it doesn't work out...I appreciate the advice for the next relationship
ehBeth

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 04:38 pm
@ginero28,
If it doesn't work out?

She already told you it's over.

Move on.
chai2

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 04:39 pm
@ginero28,
ginero28 wrote:

Stop being mean lol

Oh? You call someone a bitch and pull all kinds of other ****, and you think I'm mean?

and drop the lol crap. you're a grown up now.

From what you said in your OP, and that self serving apology, she's well rid of you.
As ebeth said, learn the lesson and move on.
0 Replies

ginero28

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 04:40 pm
@ehBeth,
You don't know her though...I was asking for advice not ridicule...thanks though...I appreciate the advice
ehBeth

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 04:43 pm
@ginero28,
You are getting advice.

Leave her alone.

That is it. That is all.

Full stop.

In your next relationship, try to think about the other person instead of yourself.

Re-read that thing you say is an apology. Take out everything that refers to you and you being upset/mad/whatever.