I'll be fine

you will be
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 05:23 pm
@ginero28,
ginero28 wrote:

No it was different in person...it was the texting that messed it up

Oh good god. You are 24 years old, and you have to blame texting for your non-apology?

You have a lot to think about young man.
ginero28

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 05:24 pm
She says she wants to be friends...should I just accept that and prove I can change ?
ginero28

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 05:25 pm
Why the hell didn't I join this thing 6 months ago...
0 Replies

ginero28

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 05:27 pm
@chai2,
Yea I feel more comfortable talking in person...this was a long distance relationship
0 Replies

ginero28

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 05:30 pm
Sorry for all the questions... I haven't really been in a lot of serious relationships...I just kinda met girls and dumped them before this
ehBeth

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 05:32 pm
@ginero28,
Accept that she is willing to be friends.

Show that you are a good friend.

Try to do that without having the idea of a relationship running in the back of your head.

You were in a long-distance relationship. That can be tough, especially if you use text instead of skype/phone calls. Tone really makes a difference.
ginero28

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 05:35 pm
@ehBeth,
I didn't mention the fact we are both mma fighters and both a bit crazy haha...thanks so much for the advice ! She fights this Saturday and my teammates do to...should I just avoid her ?
ehBeth

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 05:35 pm
@ginero28,
Would you normally avoid a friend?
ginero28

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 05:37 pm
@ehBeth,
No...I don't wanna bother her though. It's hard cutting weight and fighting...plus dealing with my crazy ass.
chai2

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 06:07 pm
@ginero28,
ginero28 wrote:

She says she wants to be friends...should I just accept that and prove I can change ?

Whoa whoa whoa.

Riddle me this batman,

Where does it say in what you quoted in your OP that she wants to be friends?

Please just leave me alone. I'm sorry that I don't want to be with you and it's hurting but that was before and I changed my mind about you after I got to know you better. You can think you're playing games with me and what not but your not. Just stop. I forgive you but I'll never forget the things you said. You already said them and you can't take them back, no matter what you say. So think what you want about me but if you want to respect me at all please just let me be. I'm sorry things came to this.

She says leave me alone and leave me be. She also says she's changed her mind about her feelings toward you since she's gotten to know you better.

Where is the friend part?
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 06:08 pm
Oh young dude, this is so over. Leave her alone, work on yourself so that you can like you. Don't modify yourself so she will accept you, that part is over. She saw you at your worst (maybe), and she didn't like it. She was smart, because if everything happened the way you said it did, you were exhibiting signs of being a control freak. When my first marriage disintegrated, my ex would ask me what was it I wanted. I told him I wanted peace of mind, and I knew I would never have it if I stayed with him.

Looking back, all I can tell you is that I wished I paid closer attention to the warning signs. It would have saved both of us a lot of pain.

I guess this sounds like I'm being hard on you, but you need to figure out why its so important to find out how much bullshit a girl will take before she says 'uncle'. That is no way to live. You are very young, and just living will provide you so many hardships, you will not have time to conjure up fake drama. Save your strength so you have it when you really need it. I sincerely wish you well.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 06:09 pm
@ginero28,
ginero28 wrote:

Sorry for all the questions... I haven't really been in a lot of serious relationships...I just kinda met girls and dumped them before this

Yes, it feels quite different being the one who got dumped, doesn't it?

You're a piece of work, you know that?
ginero28

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 06:11 pm
@chai2,
She wrote that after...and yes...it feels quite different
0 Replies

ginero28

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 06:12 pm
@chai2,
I know I'm a piece of work...help me out !
chai2

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 06:13 pm
@ginero28,
You didn't answer my question.

Where did it say she wants to be friends?
You say she said it "after"

Well, that's easy enough to just say, isn't it?
ehBeth

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 06:13 pm
@ginero28,
ginero28 wrote:
...plus dealing with my crazy ass.

again - it's about you. why should anyone want to deal with your crazy ass?

what would a friend do to support someone who is in a competition?

seems like you're going to have to work on being someone who's good to have as a friend
ehBeth

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 06:15 pm
@ginero28,
ginero28 wrote:

No...I don't wanna bother her though.

friends don't bother friends

friends offer kindness and support

i.e. let's say you know what her post-competition routine is. a friend might offer to do something to make that post-competition routine easier.
0 Replies

ginero28

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 06:16 pm
@chai2,
My bad...it was in the previous text she sent...the apology sparked the text I posted
0 Replies

ginero28

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 06:19 pm
@ehBeth,
Because judging from your posts it makes me look like an idiot or maybe I'm just an idiot...I don't know...