Bill Cosby accused of Rape - say it ain't so

hawkeye10

Sun 30 Nov, 2014 06:10 am
Oh great, another thead that has to be all about hawkeye, as if the universe revolves around hawkeye.

BILL COSBY ANYONE?
izzythepush

Sun 30 Nov, 2014 06:13 am
@hawkeye10,
Get over yourself, you were being an unfeeling prick towards FS, and I was just giving her some moral support.
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Sun 30 Nov, 2014 06:20 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
In print Hawkee reads like hes a bit autistic.

Could not agree more. Hawkeye's postings transparently display an individual with a personality disorder, exhibiting acute antisocial attitudes and a total lack of conscience. Yes, more than one person would classified him/her as autistic and or sociopathic.
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Sun 30 Nov, 2014 06:39 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:

But then, we are talking about Actors. Rolf Harris, Bill Cosby, the list can go on and on and on... Or those with seemingly Power. These are the people that a normal person can't fathom have done what they have done...

But yes, time after time we see the dark side of humans surfacing. We place these actors on pedestals wanting to believe they can do no wrong. What I particularly disliked about the Cosby revelations is that he used a pill to dull the female's senses, knocking her out so she would be more compliant....Cosby was so maliciously underhanded that many previous admirers of his are looking contemptuously at him. He has destroyed himself, but at his age, his career was almost over anyway. Too bad he will not spend the rest of his days behind bars.
glitterbag

Sun 30 Nov, 2014 12:38 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
I really can't imagine how awful it had to be for the women who were brutalized and had to live with the knowledge they were powerless. Not just powerless, but having had this terrible experience and staying quiet as the rest of the world heaped praise and admiration on Cosby, as America's Dad.

I'm still holding out hope that he didn't do the terrible things he's accused of, and the fact that I still want to believe he didn't do it SHOWS how hopeless it is to successfully get justice when you are the victim. I realize it's a ridiculous contradiction, I've been a victim, I know it happens. What makes these allegations so horrible, is he drugged his targets. You must be an empty shell of a man to think it's perfectly acceptable to drug women because you prefer to pleasure yourself without the cooperation of a partner.
FOUND SOUL

Sun 30 Nov, 2014 01:25 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Quote:
But yes, time after time we see the dark side of humans surfacing. We place these actors on pedestals wanting to believe they can do no wrong. What I particularly disliked about the Cosby revelations is that he used a pill to dull the female's senses, knocking her out so she would be more compliant....Cosby was so maliciously underhanded that many previous admirers of his are looking contemptuously at him. He has destroyed himself, but at his age, his career was almost over anyway. Too bad he will not spend the rest of his days behind bars.

Actually, I think this will affect him big time, jail or no jail. He almost played God, that being that he believes that he showed America, that Blacks are clever that there is a black middle class, they can spell, become Doctors, Lawyers and I think he despised the white person's thought pattern of blacks and pushed the lower class blacks to become middle class. At least in his mind.

Now what does he have? He's just lost it all how "he" created something...

If you read up on his childhood, it's quite clear that he had to excel and that his children had to excel, each were even named commencing with an E for excellence. His "excellence" has been stripped off of him.

His children finding this out, who he taught to be "excellent"... His fans, the World of "middle class blacks".. Was he a racist? I'm betting that he was.

So what were women then. He grew up I believe in a family of boys, but ended up with a family of girls.

Did he hate women? They were nothing, just toys to use? But hey, the only way to do that was to drug them, in order to ensure he got the ones he wanted. And, didn't he predominately pick the naïve ones, young ones, how old was the girl I just posted about, 19?

My gut tells me also that more than one of these girls, were rapped not just by Bill Cosby but he had a second person that joined in... I've read twice where there was someone else in the apartment before she passed out. We already know that someone he employed, handed out cheques to the girls that decided to attempt to go public as well as the lady who accused him of getting her pregnant $250,000 worth of money and gifts is what she received.

He thought money could buy everything and his dirty little secret would remain the same for life.

It is interesting ((Izzy)) thank you by the way, that this in one way is simular to Rolf Harris and his friend Saville. 2 Guys, old ladies in hospice, money and at the end of it, "age" by the time they were caught, one died, the other in jail. Old.

I don't think it matters if Bill Cosby skips jail due to being clever and handing out money or fear. The fact he won't go down a legend to the black community of "teaching" the world that they can be middle class, is going to kill him inside.

So Hawk to answer your question about curiousity and where that has went, have no idea what you are talking about.. It's always been my middle name.

There's nothing to figure out. He tried a date rape pill, it worked and so he continued whilst adding another guy into the picture either each time or on occasions, simply believing that all he had to say was " you fell asleep" to each and everyone and put them off for years so he can never be tried. What a deal huh. With the Devil. But like everything, it comes back to bite you in the bum.

I wonder how safe he is out in this World now as a rapist, but then he has the money to ensure his safety. I wonder if his wife will stay or leave, have you even considered how his children must be feeling? They are ALL girls.

There is nothing fascinating about what he did, nothing what so ever. If you don't know me by now there is something wrong however. In each thread I've ever started, it's been the curiousity as to why a person has done something, what the heck is going through their mind, in finding out what they have done, looking further into that and adding what I think they have also done, or the way they think. How I feel about the situation each one, is totally different and the person, it's called profiling and it's called sick bastard to this particular man.

glitterbag

Sun 30 Nov, 2014 01:30 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
It's repellant. We've been fed a lie.
FOUND SOUL

Sun 30 Nov, 2014 01:36 pm
@glitterbag,
Question What is Ms Glitter.
hawkeye10

Sun 30 Nov, 2014 02:02 pm
Stubhub is showing few tickets evail for the tour, and with prices mostly around the $100 mark. Perhaps the standing ovation he got in Florida was not a fluke. I was reading a journalist account of talking to the members of the audience in florida, the general tone being that they simply did not believe the charges against Cosby, consider it background noise.
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Sun 30 Nov, 2014 02:04 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:

I'm still holding out hope that he didn't do the terrible things he's accused of, and the fact that I still want to believe he didn't do it SHOWS how hopeless it is to successfully get justice when you are the victim.

Even though I'm aware of only what's in the social media, I find it difficult to believe Cosby was not a participant; there are simply too many cases of powerful men taking advantage of ambitious star-stricken females. Where there's smoke, usually there is fire, and there were closer to a dozen women claiming similar stories against him. Besides, if it could be proven these women were fabricating their stories, they could be sued to an unprecedented degree by the many masterly lawyers Cosby's money (a billionaire) could employ.

I might understand possibly why many of these finger-pointing women kept silent as long as they did. Like who would believe *one* woman's accusations against a larger than life figure like Bill Cosby whose manager was always there to rhetorically explain away the actor's behavior and confuse the accuser. Besides being drugged, things were not as clear-cut in the minds of the women as they should have been and a skillfully sharp-witted lawyer would make them appear opportunistic, out to exploit the nations's father figure for big money....why the notoriety alone would have shamed each one unmercifully.

Yet, I, too, am extremely disappointed in Bill Cosby, and feel somewhat betrayed. I recall vividly the Cosby family and it was one of the highlights of weekly TV watching. But unlike President Bill Clinton's sexual indiscretion with Monica Lewinsky whom I forgave almost immediately, I cannot find it in my conscience to afford the same towards Cosby. With Bill Clinton, the relationship was consensual; Monica was of age and admitted to being in love with the then handsome and powerful president of the US. Cosby took advantage of each defenseless female, drugged them and then proceeded to take advantage of them sexually, it is alleged he did this numerous times, and who knows really, how many times this sexual predator struck? I find such behavior unforgiveable.
izzythepush

Sun 30 Nov, 2014 02:11 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Savile was in a completely different league to either Cosby or Harris. He literally had the keys to secure mental hospitals, and would drop in on approved schools and take kids out for a ride in his posh car.

Not to mention anecdotal evidence that he may have abused his mother's corpse.
hawkeye10

Sun 30 Nov, 2014 02:23 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Quote:
if it could be proven these women were fabricating their stories, they could be sued to an unprecedented degree by the many masterly lawyers Cosby's money (a billionaire) could employ.

It is almost impossible to prove the something did not happen, and if Cosby is innocent he had nothing to gain by suing these women as what little money they had was useless to him and the negative press would hurt him. '

Your logic is deeply flawed.

Quote:
Cosby took advantage of each defenseless female, drugged them and then proceeded to take advantage of them sexually,
Allegedly.
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Sun 30 Nov, 2014 02:26 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:

Actually, I think this will affect him big time, jail or no jail. He almost played God, that being that he believes that he showed America, that Blacks are clever that there is a black middle class, they can spell, become Doctors, Lawyers

Despite the obscene acts Cosby is alleged to have done, he did succeed in alerting the public to an America where African Americans were just like many successful whites and excelled in education. At my University (Columbia) there are many blacks pursuing the Ph.D., not only in the soft sciences but the Pure Sciences.....(you can observe many highly educated blacks in the Obama Adm); admittedly there are more black women in the Ph.D. category than black males, but there definitely exists black middle and upper middle class blacks in America whose offspring follows in the same steps as their parents. Prior to the Cosby show, African Americans were stereotyped and wider America did not want to see a different more upward mobile side of African Americans. So within reason, the Cosby program displayed a side of America many simply did not know existed. That service to America we cannot take away from him.

But his image as a man is now destroyed and there is no way that toothpaste can be put back inside that tube.
glitterbag

Sun 30 Nov, 2014 02:35 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Do you mean "what lie"?. I think he has been beloved to such an extant that no one could believe he would be capable of such abusive behaviour. He's been a fraudulent paragon of virtue, and has reveled in a terrific reputation. It's mind blowing to me that he lectures comedians about bad language on stage as if that's the corrosion of virtue, and when he's off stage he drugs women for sport. How much bigger of a hypocrite could he possibly be. I will add the qualifier, that is know absolutely nothing first hand regarding Bill Cosbys life. The news is very disturbing, and I don't think we can look away any longer. It's either true or not true. But if it only happened once, it's still a reprehensible thing to do.

Does that answer your question FS? I meant his good reputation was a lie.
FOUND SOUL

Sun 30 Nov, 2014 02:47 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Savile was in a completely different league to either Cosby or Harris. He literally had the keys to secure mental hospitals, and would drop in on approved schools and take kids out for a ride in his posh car.

But he also gave Rolf Harris, the go ahead to join in with him... Which I believe Cosby also did..

You have to question why you'd give a "key" to anyone thereby unsupervised.

Quote:
Not to mention anecdotal evidence that he may have abused his mother's corpse.

And Mr Cosby drugged and raped.... They were dead weight, un-conscious, simular..

BUT, OMG really? That's not evil, that's re-tarted, sick, disgusting !!!
FOUND SOUL

Sun 30 Nov, 2014 02:51 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Quote:
That service to America we cannot take away from him.

But his image as a man is now destroyed and there is no way that toothpaste can be put back inside that tube.

Thanks for en-lightening me more on that, being an Australian, has some drawbacks when it comes to things that happen in America, you get the gist of it but not the totality.

But, with his reputation being destroyed, the image of who he "pretended" to be destroyed so too in his eyes will be all he had done.. He should be now into the mode of doing everything in his power to correct / challenge and keep his reputation and that of what he provided to America. But, his Lawyer at my guess has simply stated, be quiet.. Nothing said, nothing proved and the statue of limitation has passed it's your only way out, let those that judge make form their own opinion, you've never agreed to any of these allegations
FOUND SOUL

Sun 30 Nov, 2014 02:53 pm
@glitterbag,
Hey there, thanks Glitter, I was thinking repellent is a lie, hence the question Smile
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Sun 30 Nov, 2014 03:47 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
But, with his reputation being destroyed,

He just did a sold out show and got a standing ovation. Your claim has no validity in reality. Did you notice that very few shows have been cancelled, and that ticket prices remain strong?

The market has spoken.

Quote:
He should be now into the mode of doing everything in his power to correct / challenge and keep his reputation and that of what he provided to America.
He did just got from being the 3rd most trusted entertainer to someplace in the 1,000's as I recall, but I dont know that he cares at this point. He is 77, there is little work left in him anyways. George Burns was still working well into his 80's, but he was the exception to the rule.
glitterbag

Sun 30 Nov, 2014 04:59 pm
@hawkeye10,
You are only one enema away from completely disappearing.
izzythepush

Sun 30 Nov, 2014 05:17 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Yes, not only that, the sheer volume of victims is so much higher.

When he wasn't working, or doing charidee work, he was focused full time on abuse. He volunteered as a porter at Leeds hospital and abused a lot of kids there.

And often when he was working/ doing charidee work he was also abusing.

Unlike Harris and Cosby he wasn't really loved either, a lot of people thought there was something weird about him, but he got away with it.