Bill Cosby accused of Rape - say it ain't so

hawkeye10

Sat 29 Nov, 2014 02:45 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:

But then, that just points out which side we play. .

Much like playing house...there is a huge degree of pretend in what we do.
FOUND SOUL

Sat 29 Nov, 2014 02:50 pm
@hawkeye10,
Who are you quoting?

I tend to think that the older we get, the more we digress backwards to the inner self, that little child, has to come out to play and it's quite invigorating.

If we look back to our childhood most had a pretend friend.

That doesn't mean though that we "take" what doesn't belong to us. Especially at the expense of someone else.

I think I'll stick to your first comment ... Good/ Evil.
hawkeye10

Sat 29 Nov, 2014 02:56 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Sorry. I fixed it.

Often this is put as building people up with unrealistic expectations and then tearing them down when they predictably dont meet them. This is a game that we seem to like playing. At my age this game has gotten old, gives me the urge to smack people upside the head.
FOUND SOUL

Sat 29 Nov, 2014 03:02 pm
@hawkeye10,
No worries.

But then, we are talking about Actors. Rolf Harris, Bill Cosby, the list can go on and on and on... Or those with seemingly Power. These are the people that a normal person can't fathom have done what they have done... But power equals everything right? With power you think you are invincible and can do what you want. Strange thing is, for the most part, these people are "old" when caught out, why is that? Why not 20 years ago? So the people that are shocked, are shocked because in my opinion, because for years and years they were younger and recall these people in their lives to find out years and years later when they are older, that not all is what it seems.

In-other-words, if we had found this out when we were teenagers, it probably wouldn't have been such a shock... But to live another 30 plus years and find out someone that we thought was funny or great, was really a perv / rapist / or worse.

How can you smack someone around the head when for 30 plus years all they have known is what they originally believed.

Only to find out the sinister reality.

hawkeye10

Sat 29 Nov, 2014 03:12 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
Or those with seemingly Power

Looking at how well they used their power to get what they wanted over long periods of time would be a good use of time. I bet that this information would translate well into understanding those who use their economic and political power to get what they want from us. I am sick and tired of the American people being saps for people who use us.
izzythepush

Sat 29 Nov, 2014 04:12 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
There was an interesting moment on BBC Raidio Uladh/Radio Ulster’s ‘Good Morning Ulster” this morning. Noel Thompson played a clip of a live 1969 performance by Rolf Harris in front of a giggling audience, which Noel said hinted at the darker side of the man. The clip consisted of Rolf using two voices, one deep and melodramatic, the other squeaky and scared. It went

Deep voice: Take them off

Squeaky voice: No, no

Deep voice: Take them off, I say.

Squeaky voice: But I’m only thirteen

Deep voice: This is no time to start getting superstitious.

http://www.judecollins.com/2014/07/rolf-harris-joke/
hawkeye10

Sat 29 Nov, 2014 04:17 pm
@hawkeye10,
I am noting Cosby's effort to power through this problem...he is doing the shows that will still have him and offering a refund to anyone who wants it. The way I understand it this is not the promoter offering, it is Cosby, he will pay out of his own pocket. He has long used the carrot and stick approach, using lots of high paid lawyers to threaten and also paying people off. He probably expects that approach to keep working.
glitterbag

Sat 29 Nov, 2014 11:14 pm
@hawkeye10,
And your point is?
hawkeye10

Sat 29 Nov, 2014 11:21 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

And your point is?

Oh, so sorry that I was not more clear. My point was "this is interesting"

I am happy to have been able to clear up your confusion.
glitterbag

Sun 30 Nov, 2014 12:14 am
@hawkeye10,
As it turns out, I wasn't confused, it's actually true you think human misery is interesting. Thank you for acknowledging your cretinous curiosity. I need to get some disinfectant for my keyboard, Bleachh, and make sure my tetanus shots are up to date. (Now imagine an entire human form shuddering with disgust, patooey)
hawkeye10

Sun 30 Nov, 2014 12:24 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

As it turns out, I wasn't confused, it's actually true you think human misery is interesting. Thank you for acknowledging your cretinous curiosity. I need to get some disinfectant for my keyboard, Bleachh, and make sure my tetanus shots are up to date. (Now imagine an entire human form shuddering with disgust, patooey)

If you are not confused then you should not claim to be confused, because that would be a lie. You should have learned this somewhere around grade 2.

IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO LEARN!

This concludes your lessons for the day. Good night dear.
glitterbag

Sun 30 Nov, 2014 12:29 am
@hawkeye10,
Good night king creep. You really should have paid attention in grades 2 thru 10 or however far you go.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Sun 30 Nov, 2014 02:41 am
@firefly,
I'm sorry FF, moving business, loads of work... still keeping this at bay to read and again thank you.

BUT.............have you or others read this.

http://www.thewrap.com/bill-cosbys-1980s-co-star-claims-he-sexually-assaulted-her-paid-college-tuition/

Quote:
Renita Chaney Hill was a former cast-member on children's educational program “Picture Pages,” which Cosby hosted

She said she wouldn't see him during the day, but would go to his hotel room at night. She then detailed a similar story to the other alleged victims, claiming the comedian gave her drinks she now believes were drugged.

“One time, I remember just before I passed out, I remember him kissing and touching me and I remember the taste of his cigar on his breath, and I didn't like it,” Hill told KDKA. “I remember another time when I woke up in my bed the next day and he was leaving. He mentioned ‘you should probably lose a little weight.’ I thought that odd, how would he know that?”

Hill did say that she can't know for sure if she was raped because she was unconscious. “It just felt weird to me, and I remember being in high school saying to him, ‘I'll come see you, but I don't want to drink because it makes me feel funny,'” Hill said. “And he would tell me that if I didn't drink, I couldn't come see him.”

By the time she was 19, Hill claims Cosby was paying her college tuition and her family saw him as a father figure in her life. Nevertheless, she decided to cut off all contact and gave up her dream of being an actress.

Hill says she came forward after hearing Cosby's attorney criticize the other women who have already done so, and she is unapologetic about waiting so long. “No one wants to be associated with something like this, but the bottom line for me is that no one has the right to violate someone else, no matter who they are,” she said. “I don't care how big they are or how the community sees them, it's not right.”

0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Sun 30 Nov, 2014 02:42 am
@izzythepush,
I bet izzy his last reply in his mind was "much different" I googled a bit more see my last post.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Sun 30 Nov, 2014 02:43 am
@izzythepush,
I guess all I can say to that is .................I feel sick...........

Thanks izzy....
FOUND SOUL

Sun 30 Nov, 2014 03:06 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
I am noting Cosby's effort to power through this problem...he is doing the shows that will still have him and offering a refund to anyone who wants it. The way I understand it this is not the promoter offering, it is Cosby, he will pay out of his own pocket. He has long used the carrot and stick approach, using lots of high paid lawyers to threaten and also paying people off. He probably expects that approach to keep working.

With all due respect, this is how they "all" with money have attempted to get out of the ****.

On a side note, I also didn't find your previous post funny, though I do understand you have a different perspective to things.

What I counteract is that you do see this as wrong, that he if this is true, is evil, that he is raping women with no control and what you find interesting is how he is trying to attempt to get out of it.
hawkeye10

Sun 30 Nov, 2014 03:17 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
What I counteract is that you do see this as wrong, that he if this is true, is evil, that he is raping women with no control and what you find interesting is how he is trying to attempt to get out of it.

I would love to know what success looks like to Bill Cosby on Nov 30 2014. Is it continuing to work? Is it dying with dignity? Is it preserving his wealth? Some combination? I am pretty sure it is not to atone for mistakes before he meets his maker.

This is going to take some time to figure out. If you dont find this fascinating I would need to ask were your curiosity got up and went.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sun 30 Nov, 2014 05:03 am
@FOUND SOUL,
I feel the same. Pay no attention to Hawkeye, he's incapable of feeling empathy. (Along with a lot of other things.)
farmerman

Sun 30 Nov, 2014 05:08 am
@izzythepush,
In print Hawkee reads like hes a bit autistic. He seems purposely oblivious to others opinions and feelings.
izzythepush

Sun 30 Nov, 2014 05:10 am
@farmerman,
there's definitely something missing.
0 Replies