Bill Cosby accused of Rape - say it ain't so

hawkeye10

Sat 22 Nov, 2014 03:44 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
Selfish P comes to mind.

entitled. My dad would spend his money on booze, toys and sometimes women when the family had bills to pay and groceries needed to be bought. He did it he said because he had to keep his spirits up so that he could close the sales. He would spend $50 1975 dollars one night and tell himself that it would enable him to make $100 extra the next day, so it was a bargain.

We are way in front of this right now, but I expect a book to come out in a few years telling us that Cosby felt he need to satisfy this urge, this kink, in order to be funny and do his work. If a few women got hurt what did that add up to against millions of people getting Cosby's art?

Collateral damage does not quite fit, but you know what I am getting at. I bet you that even at this very minute Cosby is sure that the rapes were worth it, not to him, but to the rest of us. He does not think he has anything to apologize for.

I will await further reports, but that is what this adds up to as of now in my evaluation.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Sat 22 Nov, 2014 03:50 am
@FOUND SOUL,
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2731076/Bill-Cosby-mistress-dumped-took-dinner-furious-mom-The-bizarre-moment-Americas-beloved-TV-dad-ditched-girlfriend-cheating-wife.html

Quote:
Bill Cosby, the mistress he dumped and the awkward dinner he shared with her and her furious mother: The bizarre moment America's most beloved TV dad ditched girlfriend after cheating on his wife

Quote:
"One of the most important things when you turn 40 is that you weigh things thusly,' he wrote. 'You look at the enjoyment you may get from a given activity, and then you look at the amount of work that may have to go into it … for example, sex with a young beautiful woman who has plenty of energy".

'In a picture that accompanied the story, Cosby stood on a diving board, smoking a cigar, looking over his shoulder wistfully at a bikini-clad, mocha-skinned beauty.

Quote:
Meanwhile, after celebrating his 77th birthday on July 12, Cosby made it clear that Camille still gets incites the flames of passion.

Indeed, earlier this week he left Tonight host Jimmy Fallon red-faced when he revealed that while
he didn't get birthday cake, he did get birthday sex, or as he more charmingly phrased it, 'I got my wife!'

Cosby warned the late-night host, 39, that one day, he, too, might come across 'the most frightening thing that you can hear from your wife on your birthday when you are carrying on...'

That, he explained, 'is to hear your wife, who is seven years younger than you, say, 'Keep going!''

Egotistical comment ....... But look at this what he said before, "plenty of energy verse what he said about his wife (which I don't approve of, keep it to yourself) he had the energy and she wanted more.

Interesting... You don't have to perform for a dummy.
hawkeye10

Sat 22 Nov, 2014 04:00 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
One of the most important things when you turn 40 is that you weigh things thusly,' he wrote. 'You look at the enjoyment you may get from a given activity, and then you look at the amount of work that may have to go into it … for example, sex with a young beautiful woman who has plenty of energy".

Nope, he drugged the energy out of them on purpose we are told. This is not about that. This was about power, the power to get what he wanted no matter what they wanted, and the power to draw them back into his orbit so that he could do it again.

I have a lot of problems with American sex law it is true, but I am now and always have been against rape-rape. If what these women say is true then Cosby is a classic rapist like the feminists keep harping about. This was not about sex, this was about overpowering women.

I have never denied that there are real rapists out there who need to be locked up. I just never thought one of them is Bill Cosby. I have enjoyed Cosby's art ever since Fat Albert. Probably before in fact, as my dad by then had a few of his albums. Dad and his drunk buddies would often blast records through the hi-fi in the wee hours as I was trying to sleep, sometimes comedy albums.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Sat 22 Nov, 2014 04:03 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
Egotistical comment

And deciding that he should be the father figure for all black people, to the point of giving lectures on life and morality, was not enough proof of his egotism?

FOUND SOUL

Sat 22 Nov, 2014 04:11 am
@hawkeye10,
Tis late, I have the morning Smile

YES... He was king dick, so to speak the power of the black or so he thought, the person who changed some part of the world. Ego... is his first name..

hawkeye10

Sat 22 Nov, 2014 04:22 am
@FOUND SOUL,
One thing I am sure you dont know is that for a lot of people the main exposure they had to Cosby was the jello commercials. There were a lot of them over many years, all kinda like this..all tender and pro family.

Add to that the Cosby show were he hit all the right notes on race and feminism....this guy was hard to imagine being a bad guy, and he had made himself teflon coated.
farmerman

Sat 22 Nov, 2014 05:50 am
@hawkeye10,
apparently the Teflon has been abraded a bit
izzythepush

Sat 22 Nov, 2014 05:54 am
@farmerman,
Have you noticed how Hawkeye is usually on the side of sex offenders, unless they happen to be black?
farmerman

Sat 22 Nov, 2014 05:56 am
@izzythepush,
Often, sahy no mowah!
0 Replies

Setanta

Sat 22 Nov, 2014 07:15 am
I never understood why the Cosby show was so popular. I watched a few episodes--it was standard sitcom fare, the same situations which have been used since the days of The Honeymooners.
FOUND SOUL

Sat 22 Nov, 2014 03:52 pm
@hawkeye10,
I've read about it but no, we didn't get those commercials.

I found this amusing though..

http://en.necropedia.org/obituary/Bill_Cosby

Bill Cosby is dead

Bill Cosby, born on July 12, 1937 in Philadelphia, was an American comedian, actor and producer. He died on November 23, 2014 at the age of 77.

http://en.mediamass.net/people/phylicia-rashad
Good Lord, his wife on the TV show's real date of birth is the same as mine and my twin's from here... hehe.
hawkeye10

Sat 22 Nov, 2014 03:57 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

I never understood why the Cosby show was so popular. I watched a few episodes--it was standard sitcom fare, the same situations which have been used since the days of The Honeymooners.

pro blacks
pro women
pro family
Dad was not a complete clod
Kids were not brats
a decent amount of funny

You could watch this show and feel good about America, even if you thought Reagan was out to destroy it, even if you thought greed was getting to be a huge problem. It was like going to church.
Setanta

Sat 22 Nov, 2014 04:11 pm
@hawkeye10,
I couldn't agree less.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sat 22 Nov, 2014 04:17 pm
hawk, Sitcoms are for laughs, but forced rape is a very serious matter. The first doesn't justify the second - ethically or legally.
hawkeye10

Sat 22 Nov, 2014 05:32 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

hawk, Sitcoms are for laughs, but forced rape is a very serious matter. The first doesn't justify the second - ethically or legally.

Please try to follow the conversation old man. I dont have time today to reword things three times so that you can get it.
cicerone imposter

Sat 22 Nov, 2014 05:37 pm
@hawkeye10,
You needn't reword anything; your justification for Cosby's popularity is nonsense. Only you don't 'get it.' I can't speak for the audience who attended his show, but they're about as ignorant as the rest of you.
FOUND SOUL

Sat 22 Nov, 2014 05:51 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
E for ego..

He named all 4 of his children starting with an (E) apparently, for excellence. Mother was strict on teaching, a "maid" married to a USA Army man..

His first jokes were about having to share sleeping arrangements with his brother in one bed... With suggestive remarks, people laughed but I wonder.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Sat 22 Nov, 2014 06:21 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

your justification for Cosby's popularity is nonsense.

I was explaining to the grumpy one why the show was popular. If you have a alternative explanation then lets hear it, and compare evidence. Maybe you should take a nap before you try however, you dont seem to be at your best today.
cicerone imposter

Sat 22 Nov, 2014 09:42 pm
@hawkeye10,
I expressed my opinion about his show and the audience. Whatever explanations you provide are beyond the comprehension of 'normal' people.
hawkeye10

Sat 22 Nov, 2014 09:47 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Overnight, TMZ.com reported that Joyce Emmon, a friend of Cosby's from the comedy club circuit, said that he once gave her a white pill that he said would help her migraine. Emmon says she then blacked out and woke in Cosby's bed with a friend of the comedian that she had turned down earlier that night.

When she confronted Cosby asking what he'd given her, he answered, 'It was just a Quaalude.'"

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2014/11/22/bill-cosby-joyce-emmons/19396083/

Well, at least he shares his toys....