Bill Cosby accused of Rape - say it ain't so

hawkeye10

Sun 21 Dec, 2014 10:37 pm
@firefly,
Quote:

That doesn't change the fact he may well have been drugging and sexually assaulting women in between writing those charitable checks...
And clearly you intend to go right on ignoring all the good works he has done above and beyond writing checks, not that you refusing to make your opinions and arguments conform to reality has ever been a thing with you.
Builder

Sun 21 Dec, 2014 11:10 pm
@hawkeye10,
Let's have a look at his "good works" Hawk.

I'm still waiting for you to tell us what "black things" his wife does actually are.

Back in the post where you inferred that middle-class white women decide on the agenda of feminism; remember?
hawkeye10

Sun 21 Dec, 2014 11:25 pm
@Builder,
Quote:
Back in the post where you inferred that middle-class white women decide on the agenda of feminism; remember?

you seriously think that feminism being historically racist and classist is something to be argued? I dont think that I have heard anyone in years claim that it is not, the argument is over to what degree this is true, and what if anything should be done about it.
nononono

Sun 21 Dec, 2014 11:31 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
you seriously think that feminism being historically racist and classist is something to be argued? I dont think that I have heard anyone in years claim that it is not, the argument is over to what degree this is true, and what if anything should be done about it.

Feminism was created by wealthy, classist, white women. Period. This is historical fact. And even today, the most vocal feminists are privileged, upper class women.

That someone could claim oppression while sipping a latte and fiddling around on their iphone in their house that their husband paid for because their job is only to increase their disposable income while their husband pays the main bills, is hypocrisy defined.
0 Replies

Builder

Sun 21 Dec, 2014 11:38 pm
@hawkeye10,
I'm still waiting for you to tell us what "black things" his wife does actually are.

Come on Hawk. You said it. You've also avoided the first question;

Let's have a look at his "good works" Hawk.

What are Cosby's "good works".

Don't beat around the bush.
nononono

Sun 21 Dec, 2014 11:46 pm
@Builder,
Quote:
What are Cosby's "good works".

Well, even if Cosby is a scumbag in real life, he's probably been the only positive father figure on a TV sitcom in the past 20 some odd years. The only father who was portrayed as strong and smart, instead of portrayed as a dummy who needs his wife to help him constantly. That actually is pretty notable, because young men don't have many positive portrayals of men on TV to look at.

Cosby's also done a lot within the black community to stress the importance of family. Hard to deny that that's a much needed message for black folks.
Builder

Sun 21 Dec, 2014 11:51 pm
@nononono,
Quote:
Well, even if Cosby is a scumbag in real life, he's probably been the only positive father figure on a TV sitcom in the past 20 some odd years. The only father who was portrayed as strong and smart. That actually is pretty notable, because young men don't have many positive portrayals of men on TV to look at.

He's an actor. In that sector, Will Smith and Denzel Washington and many others eclipse Cosby by many factors of excellence.

Quote:
Cosby's also done a lot within the black community to stress the importance of family. Hard to deny that that's a much needed message for black communities.

And now we have so many "together" black families to point to as evidence of his magnificent example, right?
nononono

Sun 21 Dec, 2014 11:55 pm
@Builder,
Quote:
He's an actor. In that sector, Will Smith and Denzel Washington and many others eclipse Cosby by many factors of excellence

Really? Will Smith? Have you seen his children? After Earth??? And Denzel is certainly a good actor, but he hasn't had the cultural impact that Cosby did. Remember that The Cosby Show was on every week for like 10 years. That was a positive male figure that young men saw on TV regularly.

Quote:
And now we have so many "together" black families to point to as evidence of his magnificent example, right?

Well, the way you put that certainly sounds a bit racist.
Builder

Mon 22 Dec, 2014 12:04 am
@nononono,
Oh, play the old race card. Bit early, right?

Cosby's influence is dead and buried. If these accusations hadn't arisen, he'd still be dead and buried. Actual actors of influence today, from the "so-called" African-American sector, long ago eclipsed anything Cosby ever did for Americans in general. Samuel L Jackson, Laurence Fishburne, and my personal fave, Mohammed Ali spring to mind.
Builder

Mon 22 Dec, 2014 12:10 am
@nononono,
Oh, and Hawk, it would save confusion if you checked which user you were posting under, before you responded.

Thanks.
nononono

Mon 22 Dec, 2014 12:13 am
@Builder,
Quote:
Oh, play the old race card. Bit early, right?

Well, honestly most people on A2K don't even believe that I'm black. But I didn't say you were racist, I said what you said sounded racist. You said that as if black communities are all drug addled slums or something. I can tell you for fact this is not true.

Quote:
Cosby's influence is dead and buried.

Tell that to comedians like Jerry Seinfeld who reverie Cosby's influence.

Quote:
Samuel L Jackson, Laurence Fishburne, and my personal fave, Mohammed Ali spring to mind.

Mohammed Ali is not an actor, hate to break that to you. He's a former boxer.

Sam Jackson and Lawrence Fishburne are certainly excellent actors, but you're still skipping over my point. Cosby was on TV constantly for years on end.
nononono

Mon 22 Dec, 2014 12:17 am
@Builder,
Quote:
Oh, and Hawk, it would save confusion if you checked which user you were posting under, before you responded.

Thanks.

Now I'm hawkeye too! Laughing

I'm firefly too, did you know that?

I'm actually everybody on A2K except the person reading this right now who knows for sure that I'm not them. ...or am I?
Builder

Mon 22 Dec, 2014 12:19 am
@nononono,
Quote:
Mohammed Ali is not an actor, hate to break that to you. He was a boxer.

You're demonstrating your absolute ignorance now, for all to see.

Greatest showman in the sport's history was Mohammed Ali.

You don't think that's acting?

0 Replies

Builder

Mon 22 Dec, 2014 12:21 am
@nononono,
Quote:
I'm actually everybody on A2K except the person reading this right now who knows for sure that I'm not them. ...or am I?

So you're a solopsist? Very interesting. I'll watch some more.
nononono

Mon 22 Dec, 2014 12:31 am
@Builder,
Quote:
So you're a solopsist? Very interesting. I'll watch some more.

You're inside the matrix. I don't exist. Not in the way you think I do.
Builder

Mon 22 Dec, 2014 12:32 am
@nononono,
Quote:
I don't exist. Not in the way you think I do.

Bill, Hawk, Nono.

Good luck with the solopsism.
nononono

Mon 22 Dec, 2014 12:34 am
@firefly,
firefly, are a you a fan of the short lived sci-fi TV show 'Firefly'?

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111125230735/batman/images/9/9d/Firefly_02.jpg
0 Replies

nononono

Mon 22 Dec, 2014 12:35 am
@Builder,
Quote:
Bill, Hawk, Nono.

Good luck with the solopsism.

Take the red pill if you want to wake up.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Mon 22 Dec, 2014 02:05 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
And clearly you intend to go right on ignoring all the good works he has done above and beyond writing checks, not that you refusing to make your opinions and arguments conform to reality has ever been a thing with you.

Hawkeye

The Devil hides behind a lot of things and usually that's the shock factor.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Mon 22 Dec, 2014 02:09 am
@nononono,
I don't disagree, " I had a dream" ....

But, that's a separate issue, no one can seriously say "but he did some good so he should be excused".... That's wrong on too many levels.

And, more to the point was it him that did it? Not to get your knickers in a knot Smile But, I think you will find that it was Camilla, she was the instigator he followed, he adores her, her intelligence, education, the need to educate, that is what he advocates isn't it? And, she is on the Board herself of the College and it was her who changed the characters on The Cosby Show including his job and her job and the Producers agreed with her, you will find if you look hard enough.

You guys won't like it one bit.

It was a woman that created Bill Cosby and all that he stands for.
0 Replies