Bill Cosby accused of Rape - say it ain't so

Builder

Tue 16 Dec, 2014 09:43 am
@nononono,
Quote:
No matter what the negative response; men have contributed more to society than women ever have or ever will.

You've recently crawled out of a vagina?

Quote:
That is a fact of life. Without men's contributions, you couldn't even read this.

See above.
nononono

Tue 16 Dec, 2014 09:56 am
@Builder,
Quote:
You've recently crawled out of a vagina?

And who created the drugs and the medical facilities that make it possible for women to have painkillers during childbirth?

Who created all the medical advances that have allowed for increased life spans for those children?

Who fertilized the eggs that came out of those vaginas?

Indoor plumbing.

Electricity.

Peanut butter.

The internet.

Airplanes.

Tampons.

Cameras.

Phones.

And on, and on.
FOUND SOUL

Tue 16 Dec, 2014 01:01 pm
@nononono,
You know it's nice when a man / men invent something to "help" women, given all the help they have given them, in this instance:-

http://aplus.com/a/these-4-college-students-have-invented-nail-polish-that-detects-date-rape-drugs
Quote:
But it is NOT a woman's responsibility to prevent rape.
In the world we live in, however, women should be empowered with any tools they can be in order to protect themselves.

Quote:
We'll probably never know how many women inventors there were. That's because in the early years of the United States, a woman could not get a patent in her own name. A patent is considered a kind of property, and until the late 1800s laws forbade women in most states from owning property or entering into legal agreements in their own names. Instead, a woman's property would be in the name of her father or husband.

Why is that? Look at how clever us poor women were/ are...

Women were so restricted by man as to what she could do.. But sorry nononono women have invented many things tries these small ones to start with ...

Inventions By Women

The following is a partial list of the many ingenious inventions by women.

INVENTION

INVENTOR

YEAR

Alphabet blocks Adeline D. T. Whitney 1882
Apgar tests, which evaluate a baby’s health upon birth Virginia Apgar 1952
Chocolate-chip cookies Ruth Wakefield 1930
Circular saw Tabitha Babbitt 1812
Dishwasher Josephine Cochran 1872
Disposable diaper Marion Donovan 1950
Electric hot water heater Ida Forbes 1917
Elevated railway Mary Walton 1881
Engine muffler El Dorado Jones 1917
Fire escape Anna Connelly 1887
Globes Ellen Fitz 1875
Ironing board Sarah Boone 1892
Kevlar, a steel-like fiber used in radial tires, crash helmets, and bulletproof vests Stephanie Kwolek 1966
Life raft Maria Beaseley 1882
Liquid Paper®, a quick-drying liquid used to correct mistakes printed on paper Bessie Nesmith 1951
Locomotive chimney Mary Walton 1879
Medical syringe Letitia Geer 1899
Paper-bag-making machine Margaret Knight 1871
Rolling pin Catherine Deiner 1891
Rotary engine Margaret Knight 1904
Scotchgard™ fabric protector Patsy O. Sherman 1956
Snugli® baby carrier Ann Moore 1965
Street-cleaning machine Florence Parpart 1900
Submarine lamp and telescope Sarah Mather 1845
Windshield wiper Mary Anderson

There's some pretty intelligent inventions there which "men" use.. Who would have thought, actually some are also to protect people in life, wow who would have thought.. And a disposable diaper and don't forget the chocolate cookie Smile

Lastly you said electricity?

Quote:
The theoretical physicist Dr Shirley Jackson was the first black woman to receive a Ph.D. from MIT, in 1973. While working at Bell Laboratories, she conducted breakthrough basic scientific research that enabled others to invent the portable fax, touch tone telephone, solar cells, fiber optic cables, and the technology behind caller ID and call waiting.

Quote:
Hedy Lamarr’s invention of a secret communications system during World War II for radio-controlling torpedoes, employing “frequency hopping” technology, laid the technological foundations for everything from Wi-Fi to GPS. She also happened to be a world-famous film star.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/hannahjewell/inventions-by-women-that-changed-the-world
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Tue 16 Dec, 2014 01:12 pm
@nononono,
Without a woman you wouldn't have been born. Never mind that for most of human history, women's activities have been restricted to taking care of children. Intellectual pursuits were discouraged, to put it mildly.

nononono wrote:
No matter what the negative response; men have contributed more to society than women ever have or ever will. That is a fact of life. Without men's contributions, you couldn't even read this.

How odd. You sound just like a racist. Let's see what we get when we replace the words "men" and "women" with "whites" and "blacks," respectively.

A bigot wrote:
No matter what the negative response; whites have contributed more to society than blacks ever have or ever will. That is a fact of life. Without whites' contributions, you couldn't even read this.

Congratulations! You've just shown how much of a bigot you are.

Nononono's ideal woman: Barefoot, pregnant, and in the kitchen.
izzythepush

Tue 16 Dec, 2014 02:49 pm
@wmwcjr,
People who need to rely on their race, gender or nationality in order to feel some sense of pride/relevance are the most pathetic losers on the planet. It's no accident that the most racist individuals are as thick as ****.

Mememe, Mackintosh Bill and Chicken Little are actually a disgrace to their races, genders and nationalities.
0 Replies

firefly

Tue 16 Dec, 2014 02:54 pm
@wmwcjr,
Quote:

Without a woman you wouldn't have been born.

Do you really expect silly little nononono to regard that female contribution to the survival of the species as important as the "invention" of peanut butter by a man? Think of the enormous superior male brain power it takes to figure out how to crush nuts to turn them into a spread? Laughing Think of how civilization, and all human life, would have ground to a halt if we didn't have peanut butter. Laughing
Quote:

Nononono's ideal woman: Barefoot, pregnant, and in the kitchen.

I think even that is too much for him to deal with--they can still think and express themselves.

His ideal woman is probably like Cosby's--drugged into unconscious, with her legs easily spread apart.
firefly

Tue 16 Dec, 2014 03:23 pm
Quote:
Bill Cosby suggesting white journalists are giving him the short end of the stick is a bunch of crap -- and that's according to the head of a black journalists organization.

Bob Butler, President of the National Association of Black Journalists ... tells TMZ almost all reports on the sexual assault allegations against Cosby have been unbiased -- despite Cosby alleging white media (whatever that means) have it out for him.

In fact, Butler says black reporters should actually be pissed at Cosby's claim because ... "You don’t go easier on a person with color. Its wrong for journalism period."

He adds, "This not a color issue, this is a journalism issue … black people happen to be reporters."

Cosby -- not winning friends in the media ... of any race.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/12/16/bill-cosby-race-card-white-black-journalists-media/
hawkeye10

Tue 16 Dec, 2014 03:41 pm
@firefly,
You gotta wonder if the cosbys have hired a pr crisis manager....unless they are cooking up something big that takes a long time in the oven at this point it seems like the answer is no. At this point it seems clear that cosby is at least a perv, they need to come out with "ya, he is kinked, but he never raped anyone, some of these women are offended by what cosby likes, and others are flat out lying".

In the news today one of the women claims to have witnesses, but time will tell because that is all we know.
0 Replies

nononono

Tue 16 Dec, 2014 04:36 pm
@wmwcjr,
Quote:
Never mind that for most of human history, women's activities have been restricted

More of that victim narrative. Some external force (men of course) hinders women from contributing to the world as much as men. Rolling Eyes

Quote:
How odd. You sound just like a racist. Let's see what we get when we replace the words "men" and "women" with "whites" and "blacks," respectively.

And let's do this same thing any and every time some feminist says something disparaging about men. It works both way.

Quote:
No matter what the negative response; men have contributed more to society than women ever have or ever will. That is a fact of life. Without men's contributions, you couldn't even read this.

This is a fact. Which gender created the device you're reading this on? Which gender created the electricity that makes it possible to read this?

Men have been more innovative throughout history than women have. That is fact. Men work more hours and pay more taxes than women do. This is fact. These things contribute to the betterment/advancement of humankind. Without men the world couldn't work. Men could very conceivably live in a world without women, but women could never live without men.

But me pointing out facts makes me a bigot? Of course. Well by that logic then women are the biggest bigots of all because they haven't been contributing as much as men have.

My whole point was to counter firefly's claim that Camille "was the one who held the family together" to support the Cosby family. That simply can't be true. And it's another example of women being infantilized and then praised for doing anything (no matter how insignificant), while men's contributions are minimized.

Society owes men some serious gratitude, and instead all society does is demonize men. All the while, it gives gold star participation points to women who don't contribute as much as men do and yells "You go girl!." Basically treating all women like third runners up in the special olympics!

So I'm a bigot for pointing out facts? Well then how do you feel about this woman bold faced lying to America?

She's not a bigot. Of course she isn't. And that's because "Girl power!" and of course men are baaaaaad!
wmwcjr

Tue 16 Dec, 2014 06:40 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:
His ideal woman is probably like Cosby's--drugged into unconscious, with her legs easily spread apart.

Ugh! I hadn't thought of that "ideal"!

I wish you hadn't said that. Now you've aroused hawkeye and BillM, as well as nono (No! No! A thousand times no!).

Thanks for my laugh for the day (or week)! http://www.democraticunderground.com/emoticons/rofl.gif

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NDY1WDYzNA==/z/1jgAAOxyYSdTBWNv/$_12.JPG

I'd wear that T-shirt to my workouts at the local health club, but I'm sure I'd be misunderstood.

Speaking of worms, I feel compelled to be silly and post the following music video. After all, when dealing with unpleasant topics, comic relief is always needed. Even nononono might like it. Mr. Green

* giggle *
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Tue 16 Dec, 2014 08:45 pm
Quote:
the woman who claims Bill Cosby got her drunk and then sexually assaulted her at the Playboy Mansion when she was just 15 -- says a psychologist validates her claim of childhood sexual abuse, but the shrink doesn't say who did it.

Huth is suing Cosby -- even though the alleged incident occurred in 1974 and the statute of limitations has long since run. She just filed legal docs saying she met with Dr. Anthony Reading, a clinical psychologist and a UCLA professor.

The docs quote Dr. Reading as saying, "I have concluded, based upon my knowledge of the facts and issues, that there is, in my professional opinion, a reasonable basis to believe that Ms. Huth had been subject to childhood sexual abuse."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/12/15/bill-cosby-accuser-sexual-abuse-child-psychologist/#ixzz3M7RqDqRp

Which is like a crime lab tech saying after he has studied a house fire " in my professional opinion this fire might have been arson"

Thanks, that is so helpful! First decide for sure if it was arson, and then tell us who did it.
hawkeye10

Tue 16 Dec, 2014 09:08 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Los Angeles prosecutors on Tuesday declined to file any charges against Bill Cosby after a woman recently claimed the comedian molested her around 1974.

The rejection of a child sexual abuse charge by prosecutors came roughly 10 days after the woman, Judy Huth, met with Los Angeles police detectives for 90 minutes.

The Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office rejected filing a misdemeanor charge of annoying or molesting a child under the age of 18 because the statute of limitations had passed.

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/cosby-wont-charged-over-molestation-claim-222926537.html

Shocking.

And why were taxpayer dollars used for investigating an alleged crime where charges could never be filed? I think this sort of thing is what private eyes and paid experts are for.
firefly

Tue 16 Dec, 2014 09:33 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
And why were taxpayer dollars used for investigating an alleged crime where charges could never be filed? I think this sort of thing is what private eyes and paid experts are for.

Because the entire issue in this case was whether criminal charges could still be filed after such a long passage of time--it was somewhat unclear at first. There are certain exceptions that do extend the statue of limitations on sexual abuse charges when minors are involved.

The "investigation" in this case was not of the crime itself, but rather of statute considerations, legal precedent, prior legal rulings, and a timeline of when the events were recalled by the alleged victim--all factors that determine whether the statute of limitations could be extended in this case. That's not a job for a private eye, that's what D.A.'s are for--it's a legal determination.

The D.A. concluded that there was no legal way to criminally charge Cosby in this matter--the statute of limitations had passed, even considering factors that might have extended it somewhat. It had nothing to do with the merits of the case itself.

This woman is also suing Cosby in civil court. That case may also be prevented from going forward because of statute of limitations considerations.
hawkeye10

Tue 16 Dec, 2014 09:45 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
Her attorney, Gloria Allred, said in a statement that she anticipated the decision by the district attorney not to file charges against Cosby.

"We are glad that the detectives investigated Ms. Huth's claims," Allred said. "We anticipated before she reported to the police that the district attorney might not be able to prosecute because the statute of limitations in California would bar such a prosecution. It is our understanding that the decision not to prosecute was based on the statute of limitations and not on the merits of Ms. Huth's claims."

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/bill-cosby-scandal/da-declines-charge-bill-cosby-alleged-1974-sex-assault-playboy-n269611

A lawyer lying?

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/3900000/Inconceivable-the-princess-bride-3983999-260-300.jpg
firefly

Tue 16 Dec, 2014 10:02 pm
@hawkeye10,
Allred isn't lying. She's said all along that they might not be able to criminally charge Cosby in this case because of the statute of limitations, but she wanted the D.A. to make sure of that.
Quote:
In a statement, prosecutors said that if the alleged crime had been committed after Jan. 1, 1994, they could charge the 77-year-old Cosby with performing a lewd or lascivious act on a minor, as that law allows for an extension of the statute of limitations for certain sex crimes to one year from the date the alleged victim contacted law enforcement.

But since the "most appropriate" statute on the books at the time of the alleged assault was "annoying or molesting a child under 18, a misdemeanor," the prosecutors said they were barred from charging Cosby "because it would serve to impermissibly 'revive' a previously time-barred prosecution, in violation of the ex post facto clause of the United States Constitution."
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/bill-cosby-scandal/da-declines-charge-bill-cosby-alleged-1974-sex-assault-playboy-n269611

Builder

Tue 16 Dec, 2014 10:14 pm
@firefly,
So, the constitution is valid for some, but not for the govt? Interesting.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Wed 17 Dec, 2014 01:18 am
@nononono,
Oh my dear child, yes men have contributed many blessings on our society. They mated with women who loved and believed in them to create wonderful things, and they stayed home, cooked, cared for that wonderful mans offspring and often times their elderly parents. That was because superman couldn't earn any where enough money to hire some one to keep his hovel clean, feed his children, wash his clothes, and care for his elderly patents while he invented all those things that made women's lives easier.

And thank god he donated all proceeds to lift women out of poverty. Hahahahahahahahaha , dear god, I can't keep a straight face.
glitterbag

Wed 17 Dec, 2014 01:37 am
@glitterbag,
Oh yikes, I thought this was a different thread. I completely misconstrued nono squared drivel, and didn't realize this was the Bill Cosby thread. Sorry, I assumed it was our young fellas proclivity to announce 'women bad', 'men gooooooood', because of the society/federal/constitutional/domination by females/ that scares him shitless. I guess I'm screwed as well because I can't find this group of immortals who wish to enslave men. Then there's the other thing, I have sons, other posters have daughters, we want our kids to succeed . We don't want our kids to fall into that briar patch and be robbed of their potential.
izzythepush

Wed 17 Dec, 2014 02:38 am
@glitterbag,
Nonono is a repetitive piece of crap. You hardly need a range of responses to deal with such a creature.
0 Replies

nononono

Wed 17 Dec, 2014 03:01 am
@wmwcjr,
Quote:
Let's see what we get when we replace the words "men" and "women" with "whites" and "blacks," respectively.

This is a completely bullshit argument. The two comparisons are not anywhere near the same. The color of one's skin is not the same kind of physiological difference as having radically different chromosome structures. Women have XX chromosomes, men have XY. It's because of this variation in men that there are more notable occurrences on both the bad and the good extremes of the spectrum, whereas women (in general) fall in the middle of the spectrum. This is not something I made up; this is science. There is more genetic diversity in males. Therefore males have a greater tendency to develop talents that are exceptional within the realm of humanity.

This chromosome difference also factors into why women are more social (pack mentality), whereas men tend to be more isolated (in general). Men have more of a natural instinct to follow their own individual paths. This is known as exploration, and this leads to discovery and creation. Women however, tend to follow groupthink and herd mentality. They (in general) shun ideas that are not readily established and accepted by the populace.

Look at, for instance recreational activities such as video gaming and comic books (nerd culture in general.) The males who pioneered these avenues of entertainment were shunned and ostracized during the early days of these artforms. But now these things have become popular culture; billion dollar industries. And so only now do these same females who laughed this sort of thing off before decide to co-opt it for themselves.

And that's what female homo sapiens do. They take the ingenuity of males, and after it's become an established, polished thing and all the hard work has been done, they move in and start redecorating and trying to dictate how things should be done.

Anyone who claims a person is bigoted for pointing out the proven fact that men have contributed more to society than women have is a disingenuous hypocrite. But that's no surprise. When Michelle Obama outright says "Women are smarter than men!" No one cries bigotry. And that's because sexism is only sexism when men do it. Women are given a free pass to be as sexist as they want!

And I didn't even make the claim that one sex is smarter than the other. I stated the provable fact that men have made more contributions to human society than women have.

If the human race was divided up into genders and forced to create separate societies to live in for each; and if in each society the gender was only allowed to utilize the creations of that specific gender; which society would be more habitable and successful? Would either of those societies fail without the other gender present? If so, which one?

If you could only listen to the music, read the books, watch the films, eat the food, etc that was created by one gender; which of those would you choose? Ernest Hemingway and Beethoven, or Jessica Valenti and Taylor Swift?

You know what I think bigotry is? I think bigotry is when society infantilizes women. Because women have the capacity for greatness (and there have been many examples of this being the case.) But when society and specifically men treat women like they're children, it enables women to live in a perpetual state of non responsibility. We as men and as a society need to hold women up to the exact same standards as we do men. And that includes things like assuming that both men and women have the same capacity to understand their own actions while they're drinking alcohol. That includes holding men and women up to the exact same standards under the law. All laws, including rape laws.

It's time that we as a society start to hold women accountable to the exact same standard as we hold men. The more we treat women like adults, the more women will be forced to excel in adulthood.