Bill Cosby accused of Rape - say it ain't so

FOUND SOUL

Sun 14 Dec, 2014 03:25 pm
@hawkeye10,
I believe he smoked weed, perhaps not often but she states that she was drifting and him and his "mate" were playing pool drinking and smoking. She states, that when she woke up, she was "sore everywhere".

If you want my honest opinion? That's the second woman that has stated "someone else was in the room" they don't know what happened what they do know if that they were extremely "sore"...

Then there was another woman who claimed she rejected a friend of his. She then claimed that Crosby drugged her and next thing you know she found herself next to that guy when she woke up. She apparently, apparently was a "friend" of Cosby's, he never touched her before.

Sounds to me, that if that is the case, none of those guys will come forward and back him, after all if my assumption is correct, they too were involved with the rapes.
hawkeye10

Sun 14 Dec, 2014 04:58 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
Sounds to me, that if that is the case, none of those guys will come forward and back him, after all if my assumption is correct, they too were involved with the rapes.

Not one accomplice is judgement proof by poverty, is racked by guilt, and is willing to come forward to say that he and cosby raped women?

If Cosby was actually willing to rape with other guys then he for sure talked about this with other guys, there must be at least a dozen people who cosby admitted his crimes to, and none have talked. This actually makes the claims from these women less believable. And Hef may be lying though he is known as a straight shooter, but he claims that he never had any clue.
FOUND SOUL

Sun 14 Dec, 2014 05:58 pm
@hawkeye10,
That theory doesn't wash.

Saville told Rolf Harris and involved him.

Neither spoke about it. Harris got away with it for years and even now, no one came forward and said "yes, Saville told me or Harris told me".

Secondly 1 guy did come forward. He got a call from one of the girls Cosby was "trying" to rape, he was her friend and a model. He attended the house knocked the door down until Cosby opened it and he let her go.

Thirdly the only guys a guy would tell would be a guy who's involved.

Cosby wasn't stupid.

As for Hef.. Who knows, cowards back out or he could be telling the truth.
0 Replies

firefly

Mon 15 Dec, 2014 02:47 pm
This latest move by Spelman College must really hurt him--and his wife--given their gift of $20 million to this college. It shows how gravely his good name and reputation have been wounded by the over two dozen allegations of sexual assault which have been made about him. But it's clear why a women's college, in particular, cannot have its own name and reputation linked with that of a man who very possibly is a serial sexual predator and sexual abuser of women.
Quote:

Spelman suspends Cosby chair in wake of growing sexual assault claims
Sunday, Dec. 14, 2014

The Cosby Chair for the Humanities, a prestigious endowed professorship at Spelman College, funded in part by a $20 million gift that Bill and Camille Cosby gave to the school in the 1980s, has been suspended indefinitely while the comedian and actor deals with almost daily allegations of sexual assaults.

The all-female school confirmed the decision late Sunday after sources tipped off The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

“The William and Camille Olivia Hanks Cosby Endowed Professorship was established to bring positive attention and accomplished visiting scholars to Spelman College in order to enhance our intellectual, cultural and creative life,” a school spokeswoman said. “The current context prevents us from continuing to meet these objectives fully. Consequently, we will suspend the program until such time that the original goals can again be met.”

Audrey Arthur, a spokeswoman for the college, said officials at the 133-year-old school would not comment further.

The Spelman decision follows Cosby’s resignation after 32 years as a member of the board of trustees at Temple University and his resignation as an honorary co-chair of the University of Massachusetts at Amherst’s capital campaign. Cosby got his master’s and doctorate in education from the university in the 1970s.

High Point University in North Carolina also removed him from its national board of advisers, and the Berklee School of Music stopped granting a scholarship in his name.

Best-selling novelist, playwright and former Cosby Chair Pearl Cleage said the suspension was the right move.

The Cosby Chair for the Humanities, a prestigious endowed professorship at Spelman College, funded in part by a $20 million gift that Bill and Camille Cosby gave to the school in the 1980s, has been suspended indefinitely while the comedian and actor deals with almost daily allegations of sexual assaults.

The all-female school confirmed the decision late Sunday after sources tipped off The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

“The William and Camille Olivia Hanks Cosby Endowed Professorship was established to bring positive attention and accomplished visiting scholars to Spelman College in order to enhance our intellectual, cultural and creative life,” a school spokeswoman said. “The current context prevents us from continuing to meet these objectives fully. Consequently, we will suspend the program until such time that the original goals can again be met.”

Audrey Arthur, a spokeswoman for the college, said officials at the 133-year-old school would not comment further.

The Spelman decision follows Cosby’s resignation after 32 years as a member of the board of trustees at Temple University and his resignation as an honorary co-chair of the University of Massachusetts at Amherst’s capital campaign. Cosby got his master’s and doctorate in education from the university in the 1970s.

High Point University in North Carolina also removed him from its national board of advisers, and the Berklee School of Music stopped granting a scholarship in his name.

Best-selling novelist, playwright and former Cosby Chair Pearl Cleage said the suspension was the right move.

“In light of the current accusations against Mr. Cosby, it’s appropriate to suspend the chair while the college reevaluates the relationship with Mr. Cosby, moving forward,” said Cleage, a Spelman alumna.

While some Spelman students supported Cosby, there were some students who protested Cosby’s association with the college using the Twitter hashtag #NotMyFather, referring to Cosby’s television persona.

In 1987, the Cosbys, whose daughters attended Spelman, gave the single largest donation ever awarded to a historically black college.

The endowed chair, which along with Cleage, has been held by the likes of Tananarive Due, awards professorships in the fine arts, humanities, and the social sciences.

Along with the endowed chair, the donation also helped pay for the construction of the gleaming Camille Olivia Hanks Cosby, Ed.D. Academic Center, which houses the Spelman College Museum of Fine Art, the college archives and offices.

The Cosby gift came at the height of his powers as an entertainer and philanthropist. At the time of donation, he was starring in the landmark “Cosby Show,” and had developed the groundbreaking, “A Different World,” which for the first time in television history, focused solely on a historically black college.

The show has even been credited with increasing interest and enrollment at HBCUs, including Spelman, Morehouse College and Clark Atlanta University.

But the Cosby Empire has slowly and very publicly been crumbling under the weight of countless allegations that he drugged and sexually assaulted several women. In allegations that date as far back as the 1960s, more than two dozen women have claimed that Cosby drugged and raped them.

Last week, super model Beverly Johnson, became the most high profile accusers, claiming that Cosby drugged her in the 1980s during a “Cosby Show” audition. She said she was able to get away without being raped.

Cosby, 77, had been mum on the allegations. But on Friday, he spoke briefly to the New York Post. He did not address the rape allegations, but offered a lecture to the black media.

“Let me say this,” Cosby told the New York Post. “I only expect the black media to uphold the standards of excellence in journalism and when you do that you have to go in with a neutral mind.”

He also said that his wife was holding up through the controversy with, “Love and the strength of womanhood. Let me say it again, love and the strength of womanhood. And, you could reverse it, the strength of womanhood and love.”
http://www.ajc.com/news/news/spelman-suspends-cosby-chair-in-wake-of-growing-se/njSHn/

He also alludes to the possibility of racially biased coverage of his scandal by saying he expects only the "black media" to maintain neutrality. I don't know whether that's a fair statement or not. I watch CNN and MSNBC for cable news, and their coverage don't seem to have a racial bias on Cosby's scandal, it seems fairly neutral, it includes black anchors and numerous black commentators, so it's not exactly "the white media" perspective, but I don't know what goes on elsewhere.

I think he's made a terrible mistake by not speaking out to personally address the tidal wave of allegations against him--he hasn't even really denied them, or tried to explain them. He's let his lawyer be his mouthpiece, mainly to discredit the allegations and cast aspersions on the women's motives, but that's clearly not working for him, particularly as the number of accusations seem to grow on a daily basis. At this point, the blow to his reputation seems to have passed the point of no return, and it well may be fatal.

0 Replies

hawkeye10

Mon 15 Dec, 2014 05:43 pm
Quote:
Bill Cosby's wife just broke her silence and fiercely defended her husband over various sexual assault allegations, saying, "He is a kind man, a generous man, a funny man, and a wonderful husband, father and friend. He is the man you thought you knew."

Camille didn't attack her husband's accusers, but said the media has been way to quick to pass judgment, saying, "A different man has been portrayed in the media over the last two months. It is the portrait of a man I do not know."

She then zeros in on the accusers saying, "It is also the portrait painted by individuals and organizations whom many in the media have given a pass."

Camille warns, "We all followed the story of the article in the "Rolling Stone" concerning allegations of rape at the University of Virginia. The story was heart-breaking but ultimately appears to be proved to be untrue." She adds, "Many in the media were quick to link that story to stories about my husband."

And her final salvo ... "None of us will ever want to be in the position of attacking the victim. But the question should be asked -- who is the victim?"

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/12/15/camille-bill-cosby-camille-wife-statement-rape-sexual-assault/#ixzz3M0sHRiwv

I am now at 50/50.
nononono

Mon 15 Dec, 2014 05:47 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
She then zeros in on the accusers saying, "It is also the portrait painted by individuals and organizations whom many in the media have given a pass."

Camille warns, "We all followed the story of the article in the "Rolling Stone" concerning allegations of rape at the University of Virginia. The story was heart-breaking but ultimately appears to be proved to be untrue." She adds, "Many in the media were quick to link that story to stories about my husband."

This is all I've been saying. We don't know what happened. But the way the media has been talking about Cosby is unethical and repulsive.
Builder

Mon 15 Dec, 2014 05:52 pm
@nononono,
Quote:
We don't know what happened. But the way the media has been talking about Cosby is unethical and repulsive.

This is commonly known as a Kangaroo Court in Australia.

In a worst-case scenario, Mr Cosby's representatives can claim that there's not a single county in the nation that could offer him a fair and just trial, because of the media influence, and he walks.
hawkeye10

Mon 15 Dec, 2014 05:54 pm
@nononono,
Quote:
This is all I've been saying. We don't know what happened. But the way the media has been talking about Cosby is unethical and repulsive.

After all these years of busting his ass for good causes too. Seriously, why bother? Doing 50+ years of good works and never getting in trouble gets us treated upon accusation exactly as if we had spent those 50+ years being a lazy dick.

You know my take...this rush to beat on people proves conclusively that we are on the whole some very sadistic motherfuckers. We cant wait to hurt people, just give us any lame excuse.

If cosby did what is claimed then he deserves it. But before I haul off and slug the guy I need one woman to prove her allegations. Two would be better.
0 Replies

nononono

Mon 15 Dec, 2014 05:56 pm
@Builder,
Quote:
This is commonly known as a Kangaroo Court in Australia.

In a worst-case scenario, Mr Cosby's representatives can claim that there's not a single county in the nation that could offer him a fair and just trial, because of the media influence, and he walks.

It's called the same thing in the U.S.

But this whole thing isn't even about him facing conviction; it's about ruining his legacy. That's what the people involved want. That and money.

It's very sad all around because if it's untrue, then a great man has had his reputation forever ruined. If it's true, then he is a monster who has violated many other people.
FOUND SOUL

Mon 15 Dec, 2014 10:15 pm
@nononono,
Let's not forget, there is no proof.

These allegations were along time ago so he can't be tried for that.

He has the money to pay Lawyers, their advice "could be" 1) the above and 2)let's make them all out to be liers as there is no proof, too long ago, no semen etc. Get your reputation back, tell your wife it's all lies and we will have her talk.

Let's also not forget his comments about the media back before he was sued in 2004 and how he stated " you can be a good actor and get away with it" that is what the media will state.

Fishy in my books.
firefly

Mon 15 Dec, 2014 10:32 pm
@hawkeye10,
This reminds me of when Hillary Clinton spoke out to defend her husband, and said the sexual scandals swirling around him were due to a political right-wing conspiracy.Laughing

Now Camille Cosby is trying to blame the media. These wives always try to point the blame elsewhere--anywhere but at their philandering husbands. Unfortunately, her husband isn't "the man you thought you knew", as she claims. The carefully crafted public persona of an ideal husband and dad, so devoted to "family", unfortunately masked a womanizer who cheated on his wife for decades and possibly sexually assaulted over 2 dozen women.

Hey, Camille, maybe your husband wasn't the man you thought you knew. Or maybe you did know, but the posh lifestyle, and position of influence, he provided you with, as Mrs William Cosby, was too important to you to disrupt.

So, maybe you did look the other way when that civil lawsuit was filed against him 9 years ago, with 13 Jane Doe witnesses ready to testify he had drugged and sexually assaulted them, in addition to the woman who brought the suit. The media didn't make a big deal of it then, and, thinking you were safe, you probably urged hubby to pay the woman off, settle for anything she wants, just to cover it all up. So he did settle, it did go away, temporarily, but now its bubbled to the surface again--hubby's chickens have come home to roost, and they're not about to be buried again. So stop pretending this scandal is news to you, or due to some media conspiracy, Camille, you've known about his reprehensible behaviors for a long time, and you've helped to enable him. Don't try to convince us, again, he's really Cliff Huxtable, that ideal wonderful husband, dad, and family man we all loved--he never was that man, and you, of all people, know that.

It's clear why you're finally speaking out now, Camille. The toxic fumes hubby's currently giving off have begun personally affecting you and your legacy. Spelman College just removed your name from that prestigious endowed professorship chair, along with his. And your fear, right now, may be that next Spelman will change the name of the gleaming new Camille Olivia Hanks Cosby, Ed.D. Academic Center on their campus, and remove your name from that as well.

You want to stand by your man, Camille, that's fine. But, right now, you seem to be doing it mainly to protect your own self-interests because his dirty mud is splattering on your dress.

cicerone imposter

Mon 15 Dec, 2014 10:35 pm
@Builder,
Not necessarily. Many crimes with circumstantial evidence have found defendants guilty of crimes charged. The other aspect about any legal charge against Cosby, a black man, leaves him vulnerable to the racist aspects in this country. He has two strikes against him before he's brought to trial.

nononono

Mon 15 Dec, 2014 10:51 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
anywhere but at their philandering husbands.

Wow, that doesn't sound sexist at all. Rolling Eyes

Quote:
This reminds me of when Hillary Clinton spoke out to defend her husband, and said the sexual scandals swirling around him were due to a political right-wing conspiracy.Laughing

Are you actually admitting here that Hillary's kind of full of **** in general?

firefly

Mon 15 Dec, 2014 10:55 pm
@cicerone imposter,
He can't be brought to trial on any of the sexual allegations, the statute of limitations is long past.

He is currently being sued by Beverly Johnson, one of his accusers, for defamation of character because of things he recently said about her to two publications. That might bring some of this out in civil court, but that's really a different matter.
carloslebaron

Mon 15 Dec, 2014 10:57 pm
Cosby is old.

In one of his appearances in a TV night show, he was talking one story and he got lost himself.

Right now, he still can defend himself from any accusation as a reflective action by natural instinct.

However, he will start to get more and more confused and finally he will end accepting whatever charge against him, not necessarily because he did something wrong but because he won't know what the hell is going around.

Then, the media and the accusers will cry, "see? I told you!"
0 Replies

ehBeth

Mon 15 Dec, 2014 10:58 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:
Camille, you've known about his reprehensible behaviors for a long time,

a friend of mine is in entertainment media - has been for about 35 years

he told us about rumblings about Cosby and other women at least 25 years ago. apparently Camille was always working on controlling the media. she's been doing damage control for a long time. she always sounded like a very tough bird.
cicerone imposter

Mon 15 Dec, 2014 10:59 pm
@firefly,
Thanks for that clarification. I was also thinking about the priests who raped children, and didn't remember most or any were never brought to trial, but some were awarded compensation.
nononono

Mon 15 Dec, 2014 10:59 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Yeah, I honestly don't know FS. If he is guilty, then he's one filthy bastard who is a master liar. If not, then he doesn't deserve this ****.

I'm not saying for sure one way or the other. I just feel bad for everyone involved who isn't guilty.
nononono

Mon 15 Dec, 2014 11:01 pm
@nononono,
"Women have always been the primary victims of war. Women lose their husbands, their fathers, their sons in combat. Women often have to flee from the only homes they have ever known. Women are often the refugees from conflict and sometimes, more frequently in today’s warfare, victims. Women are often left with the responsibility, alone, of raising the children." -Hillary Rodham Clinton

^100% ******* horsehit straight out of a horse's ass!
0 Replies

firefly

Mon 15 Dec, 2014 11:13 pm
@nononono,
Quote:

Are you actually admitting here that Hillary's kind of full of **** in general?

Not at all. Nor do I think she was then--I think, at the time, she may have really believed what she said about a political right-wing conspiracy out to get her husband.

On the other hand, I do think Camille Cosby is pushing BS by trying to blame the current media coverage, given the fact that this same stuff all surfaced when the civil lawsuit was filed 9 years ago, and involved allegations by 14 women, it's not really news, including to Camille. The change in the past 9 or 10 years is the public's willingness to listen to what these women have to say, and to believe them--they never got to hear them a decade ago because he settled the suit to make sure that didn't happen.