Bill Cosby accused of Rape - say it ain't so

nononono

Fri 12 Dec, 2014 06:01 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
What do you think a reporters job is?

To look good on camera, and to be able to read coherent English to a teleprompter.

Quote:
We are well aware of the system. Innocent until proven guilty.

Then why doesn't the media act like it knows this?

Quote:
You do realise that he was reported, a Court Case even was had, she was paid out in the end

So, if she was "paid out in the end", then she must have not felt very "assaulted/violated" by Cosby. I mean, if a lump sum of money was enough to satisfy her then, why should it be an issue now?? Clearly her moral standing is that of a person who views a "personal assault" with a dollar tag attached to it.

Quote:
Yet, no where did you show any concern, compassion, feelings, anything for the two black women he raped, let alone the white women.

I'm showing "compassion" for a person who has been accused of something that hasn't been proven to be true yet! In the U.S.A., a person is considered innocent until proven guilty.

Don't get me wrong, Cosby may very well have committed these acts. I'm not sure what I think of it yet. My point is that there's something known as "Due process" in this country. The way that the media has handled this story is appalling. Just imagine if this had been a white woman accused of these things... It would be a non-issue! (i.e. Casey Anthony/Jodi Arias).
firefly

Fri 12 Dec, 2014 11:19 am
@nononono,
Quote:
So, if she was "paid out in the end", then she must have not felt very "assaulted/violated" by Cosby. I mean, if a lump sum of money was enough to satisfy her then, why should it be an issue now?? Clearly her moral standing is that of a person who views a "personal assault" with a dollar tag attached to it.

Or Cosby's moral standing is that of a person who believes he can buy his way out of sexual assault charges and avoid facing the scrutiny of cross-examination in a courtroom and a possible verdict against him.

The woman who filed that civil suit 10 years ago did want him criminally prosecuted, and the D.A. involved has said he did believe that Cosby did sexually assault her. However, he also felt he could not mount a successful case against him at trial. Apart from the normal challenges of prosecuting a successful sexual assault/rape case, particularly where the victim's memory of events was impaired by having been drugged, Cosby had a very strong public persona/image as a nice guy and a family man, and it would have been very difficult, 10 years ago, to convince a criminal jury he could commit such acts.

A civil suit was the woman's only other option. And her lawyer had lined up 13 Jane Doe witnesses, who claimed Cosby had done the same or similar things to them, to testify against him, and all of that testimony would have become public. This wasn't a risk Cosby wanted to take, even though he could have cleared his name with a not guilty verdict at trial. It was his choice to settle the suit before trial as a form of protection against worse damage to himself, his reputation, and his career, if the verdict after trial went against him. In a civil suit, all the woman could win would be a monetary damage award in any event, so if he offered to settle for an amount sufficient to her, why shouldn't she have been willing to settle the case? That does not mean she was/is "a person who views a personal assault" with a dollar tag attached to it"--that's how justice in the civil court system operates, with monetary damage awards--and it definitely does not mean "she must have not felt very "assaulted/violated" by Cosby". She obviously felt violated enough that she did try to get him criminally charged, and to lodge the civil suit against him. She went after him legally as much as she could--how else would you want her to show she really felt "assaulted/violated", get a gun and shoot the man?
Quote:

I'm showing "compassion" for a person who has been accused of something that hasn't been proven to be true yet! In the U.S.A., a person is considered innocent until proven guilty.

Don't get me wrong, Cosby may very well have committed these acts. I'm not sure what I think of it yet. My point is that there's something known as "Due process" in this country. The way that the media has handled this story is appalling. Just imagine if this had been a white woman accused of these things... It would be a non-issue! (i.e. Casey Anthony/Jodi Arias).

Concepts such as "due process" and "innocent until proven guilty" apply only to our legal system and the status of a defendant in a legal proceeding--they are not things either the media or the general public must apply in forming opinions, and we form opinions all the time on matters that have not been adjudicated in a courtroom, based on our own evaluations of information. If Cosby feels he's being slandered or libeled by anyone in the media, or by his accusers, or by anyone else, he's free to bring a civil suit against them and get his day in court. One of his accusers, Tamara Green, just filed a defamation of character suit against him, for things he said about her to two different publications.

You seem to be unaware that accusations/victim statements are considered evidence, and they would definitely be part of the evidence against Cosby in court. At the moment, I think the number of women making independent accusations of sexual assault/rape against Cosby is now up to 24. I am now perfectly willing to believe the man is a sexual predator, based on a clear pattern of such behavior, and the sheer number of women describing it.

Why you say that if a "white woman" were accused of such things it would be a "non-issue"--and then bizarrely mention 2 women, Casey Anthony and Jodie Arias, both of whom were tried for murder, with a hoard of media attention to both their cases, makes no sense. Obviously, neither of them escaped prosecution either because of gender or race, and Jodie Arias, who was convicted, still faces a possible death sentence. And, despite Casey Anthony's acquittal, many in the public disagree with that verdict and still believe she murdered her child. Why you even mention these 2 is baffling in terms of any logic.
nononono

Fri 12 Dec, 2014 02:07 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
Concepts such as "due process" and "innocent until proven guilty" apply only to our legal system and the status of a defendant in a legal proceeding--they are not things either the media or the general public must apply in forming opinions

And this is part of the problem with false accusations of rape. A person's reputation is ruined. What the media does is fan the flames of incrimination, but it handles this very differently depending on whether the accused is male or female. And that's because we as a culture are more willing to believe that men are capable of doing wrong then women are. Yes people are entitled to form their own opinions, but the media is biased. And the media is more concerned with making money through sensationalist reporting than it is with presenting a fair picture of the facts. Then you wind up with this lynch mob mentality in the public.

Do you remember the Marv Albert case? Marv Albert was one of the greatest sportscasters ever. The public was whipped up into a frenzy by the media, thinking him to be a rapist based on unsubstantiated claims by a woman. Albert's career was ruined. He lost his job and never really worked again. Turns out that Albert was innocent. The woman who claimed he bit her had a history of making false allegations. But the damage was already done, and a great man's career was ruined.

Just look at the case with "Jackie". Look what people did to the University of Virginia based solely on the unsubstantiated claims of a woman.

http://localtvwtvr.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/uva-vandalism.jpg?w=1200

And this sort of behavior is nothing new for humanity. That's why way back in the day, all it took was a white woman saying that a black man had raped her. That black man was then publicly lynched without any kind of due process.

And in regards to the vandalism above, I hope the university holds "Jackie" financially responsible for it.

Quote:
I think the number of women making independent accusations of sexual assault/rape against Cosby is now up to 24. I am now perfectly willing to believe the man is a sexual predator, based on a clear pattern of such behavior, and the sheer number of women describing it.

It's funny, because this same kind of thing happened with Bill Clinton. After one woman accused him, women started coming out of the woodwork. But the media handled both of these cases very differently.

But first, let's look at the phenomenon of multiple accusations in both cases, then we'll go back to the media coverage. What I would point out is that in both these cases, what you had was women who were interested (at least in some degree) to either a pay out of some sort from a rich man, or 15 mins of fame. Many of these women were attention seekers, and they didn't care how they got that attention. Look at someone like Janice Dickinson. When was the last time she was in the spotlight? Women like attention, it's part of female nature. And this is especially true of women who already have had some experience in the public eye that might be waning or gone altogether.

But you see, what happens is when one woman comes out and claims abuse, it's becomes easier for another to do so, and so on. Strength in numbers, as you've admitted makes it more believable to you. That's the mentality. Perhaps some of these women have legitimate claims, and others are attention whores. Can you at least concede that that could be conceivable? Can you see where being viewed as one part of a collective could allow someone with a false allegation a place to hide in the open and still be taken seriously?

But let's look at how the media treated Bill Clinton vs. how they're treating Bill Cosby.

How many criticisms did you hear from feminists about Clinton during his scandal? Feminists didn't make a peep! Is it a coincidence that during Clinton's presidency, he openly supported feminist ideology and feminist organizations such as NOW (The National Organization For Women)? The media does, and always has kowtowed to feminism. You can call me names all you want and claim I'm just being an MRA by saying that, but it's true. How many mainstream media pieces have you ever seen that were critical of feminism? Any wonder then that the media punched Clinton with kid gloves during his scandals?

Cosby, however, is an openly conservative black male in an industry that's excessively liberal. Cosby gives public speeches about the importance of family and self reliance. This is in stark opposition to the victim narrative of marxists/feminists. Maybe Cosby pissed off the wrong people? Hollywood after all, is a place where in order to maintain a career, one needs to maintain good standing with certain groups of people. It's all about who you know, and who you keep happy.

Quote:
and then bizarrely mention 2 women, Casey Anthony and Jodie Arias,

The reason I brought them up is because Anthony was acquitted. She literally got away with murder. Arias was convicted, but the sentencing was mistrialed because of arguments that death was "too harsh" a sentence for her. For a woman who stabbed and shot her boyfriend multiple times and slit his throat!!!!

Both these cases are hallmark examples of how the justice system is more lenient on women than it is on men. If it had been a man who killed his daughter in the manner that Anthony did, you had better bet he would've been convicted. If it had been a man who stabbed and shot, and slit the throat of his girlfriend and had the audacity to claim self defense, you had better bet there would've been no mistrial and he would've gotten the death penalty!

In the UK now, there are even feminist lawyers who are trying to abolish prison altogether for women convicted of any crimes on the premise that prison is "too harsh" for women to deal with.

But back on subject. My personal feeling is that there should be a higher burden of proof demanded by the courts for any person, male or female who goes to the media before going to the police with an allegation. And perhaps even a higher burden of proof should be expected from women in general in an attempt to close the sentencing gap. And anyone who makes a false allegation should be held criminally and financially responsible for any harm/damage that happens because of it. And these instances of false allegations should treated much more seriously then are being currently treated. The people who make these fraudulent allegations should be dragged through the mud publicly just like the people's lives who they've ruined.

But that's the problem. The media is only interested in the big names that sell "news". For instance like in the Albert case, the public wasn't made much aware of what a liar his accuser was. And that kind of thing is a tragedy...
FOUND SOUL

Fri 12 Dec, 2014 02:58 pm
@firefly,
This Is How We Lost to the White Man’

Quote:
Last summer, in Detroit’s St. Paul Church of God in Christ, I watched Bill Cosby summon his inner Malcolm X. It was a hot July evening. Cosby was speaking to an audience of black men dressed in everything from Enyce T-shirts or polos to blazers and ties.

row of old black men, community elders, sat behind him, nodding and grunting throaty affirmations. The rest of the church was in full call-and-response mode, punctuating Cosby’s punch lines with laughter, applause, or cries of “Teach, black man! Teach!”

He began with the story of a black girl who’d risen to become valedictorian of his old high school, despite having been abandoned by her father. “She spoke to the graduating class and her speech started like this,” Cosby said. “‘I was 5 years old. It was Saturday and I stood looking out the window, waiting for him.’ She never said what helped turn her around. She never mentioned her mother, grandmother, or great-grandmother.”

“Understand me,” Cosby said, his face contorted and clenched like a fist. “Men? Men? Men! Where are you, men?”

Audience: “Right here!”

Cosby had come to Detroit aiming to grab the city’s black men by their collars and shake them out of the torpor that has left so many of them—like so many of their peers across the country—undereducated, over-incarcerated, and underrepresented in the ranks of active fathers. No women were in the audience. No reporters were allowed, for fear that their presence might frighten off fathers behind on their child-support payments. But I was there, trading on race, gender, and a promise not to interview any of the allegedly skittish participants

I find it interesting that he mentions " she never mentioned any female family member" "Where are you men".... At 5 years of age, she was merely pining for her Father and that was her story, there was no need to bring any female family member into that memory, as they were already in her life but Cosby points this out aiming at "men".

Quote:
“My problem,” Cosby told the audience, “is I’m tired of losing to white people. When I say I don’t care about white people, I mean let them say what they want to say. What can they say to me that’s worse than what their grandfather said?”

So I wonder, if "white" women being the main target, was a deliberate mental notation of his.

Quote:
As Cosby sees it, the antidote to racism is not rallies, protests, or pleas, but strong families and communities. Instead of focusing on some abstract notion of equality, he argues, blacks need to cleanse their culture, embrace personal responsibility, and reclaim the traditions that fortified them in the past.

Quote:
Black America does not entirely share the euphoria, though. The civil-rights generation is exiting the American stage—not in a haze of nostalgia but in a cloud of gloom, troubled by the persistence of racism, the apparent weaknesses of the generation following in its wake, and the seeming indifference of much of the country to black America’s fate. In that climate, Cosby’s gospel of discipline, moral reform, and self-reliance offers a way out—a promise that one need not cure America of its original sin in order to succeed. Racism may not be extinguished, but it can be beaten.

Quote:
Has Dr. Huxtable, the head of one of America’s most beloved television households, seen the truth: that the dream of integration should never supplant the pursuit of self-respect; that blacks should worry more about judging themselves and less about whether whites are judging them on the content of their character? Or has he lost his mind?

Quote:
In fact, blackness was never absent from the show or from Bill Cosby. Plots involved black artists like Stevie Wonder or Dizzy Gillespie. The Huxtables’ home was decorated with the works of black artists like Annie Lee, and the show featured black theater veterans such as Roscoe Lee Brown and Moses Gunn. Behind the scenes, Cosby hired the Harvard psychiatrist Alvin Poussaint to make sure that the show never trafficked in stereotypes and that it depicted blacks in a dignified light. Picking up Cosby’s fixation on education, Poussaint had writers insert references to black schools. “If the script mentioned Oberlin, Texas Tech, or Yale, we’d circle it and tell them to mention a black college,” Poussaint told me in a phone interview last year. “I remember going to work the next day and white people saying, ‘What’s the school called Morehouse?’” In 1985, Cosby riled NBC by placing an anti-apartheid sign in his Huxtable son’s bedroom. The network wanted no part of the debate. “There may be two sides to apartheid in Archie Bunker’s house,” the Toronto Star quoted Cosby as saying. “But it’s impossible that the Huxtables would be on any side but one. That sign will stay on that door. And I’ve told NBC that if they still want it down, or if they try to edit it out, there will be no show.” The sign stayed.

Quote:
“What do record producers think when they churn out that gangsta rap with antisocial, women-hating messages?,” Cosby and Poussaint ask in their book. “Do they think that black male youth won’t act out what they have repeated since they were old enough to listen?”

Quote:
But Cosby is aiming for something superhuman—twice as good, as the elders used to say—and his homily to a hazy black past seems like an effort to redeem something more than the present.

Quote:
Cosby told me, “If you looked at me and said, ‘Why is he doing this? Why right now?,’ you could probably say, ‘He’s having a resurgence of his childhood.’ What do I need if I am a child today? I need people to guide me. I need the possibility of change. I need people to stop saying I can’t pull myself up by my own bootstraps. They say that’s a myth. But these other people have their mythical stories—why can’t we have our own?”

Mmm and Cosby used "all" of his "guidance" to lure the women into his Bungalow and yet, didn't want to guide them at all...

I'm wondering if I was to search other than his "children" if I would find where Cosby helped any "men" that were starting out in life.
0 Replies

firefly

Fri 12 Dec, 2014 04:21 pm
@nononono,
For someone disturbed by false allegations, you certainly don't hesitate to make them. This statement is filled with false allegations, of all sorts, on your part:
Quote:

Do you remember the Marv Albert case? Marv Albert was one of the greatest sportscasters ever. The public was whipped up into a frenzy by the media, thinking him to be a rapist based on unsubstantiated claims by a woman. Albert's career was ruined. He lost his job and never really worked again. Turns out that Albert was innocent. The woman who claimed he bit her had a history of making false allegations. But the damage was already done, and a great man's career was ruined.

I have news for you, nononono. it turns out Albert wasn't innocent, the allegations weren't false, he had bitten that woman, and he wound up pleading guilty to reduced charges in a plea deal. And NBC rehired him less than 2 years after they fired him, and his career was just fine.

Quote:
Albert became the focus of a media frenzy in 1997, when he went on trial for felony charges of forcible sodomy. A 42-year-old woman named Vanessa Perhach accused Albert of throwing her on a bed, biting her, and forcing her to perform oral sex after a February 12, 1997 argument in his Pentagon City hotel room. DNA testing linked Albert to genetic material taken from the bite marks and from semen in Perhach's underwear.During the trial, testimony was presented from another woman, Patricia Masden, who told the jury that Albert had bitten her on two different occasions in 1993 and 1994 in Miami and Dallas hotels, which she viewed as unwanted sexual advances. Masden claimed that in Dallas, Albert called her to his hotel room to help him send a fax, only for her to find him wearing "white panties and garter belt."Albert maintained that Perhach had requested that he bite her and denied her accusation that he'd asked her to bring another man into their sexual affair. He described the recorded conversation of hers with the police on the night of the incident "an Academy Award performance."After tests proved that the bite marks were his, he pleaded guilty to misdemeanor assault and battery charges, while the sodomy charge was dropped. Albert was given a 12-month suspended sentence.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marv_Albert

So, all your allegations about the Marv Albert case are false.

Regarding Casey Anthony and Jodie Arias:
Quote:
The reason I brought them up is because Anthony was acquitted. She literally got away with murder. Arias was convicted, but the sentencing was mistrialed because of arguments that death was "too harsh" a sentence for her. For a woman who stabbed and shot her boyfriend multiple times and slit his throat!!!! .

Both these cases are hallmark examples of how the justice system is more lenient on women than it is on men. If it had been a man who killed his daughter in the manner that Anthony did, you had better bet he would've been convicted. If it had been a man who stabbed and shot, and slit the throat of his girlfriend and had the audacity to claim self defense, you had better bet there would've been no mistrial and he would've gotten the death penalty!

Neither of those cases is any example of "of how the justice system is more lenient on women than it is on men. "--let alone a "hallmark example".

Jodie Arias remains convicted of first degree murder. The sentencing phase of her trial resulted in a hung jury--8 jurors voted for the death penalty, 4 for life in prison without parole. Because a death sentence must be unanimous, it resulted in a mistrial only for the sentencing phase--her conviction for first degree murder remains--and the new sentencing phase trial has already resumed and is going on right now. We don't know yet whether she will or won't finally wind up receiving the death penalty.

In Anthony's case, only the decomposed skeletal remains of her child were found, which prevented them from determining the exact cause of death, and the defense successfully raised reasonable doubt by casting aspersions on both maternal grandparents and suggesting they might have killed the child or been involved. You just think Anthony "literally got away with murder". That's another false accusation on your part--she was acquitted,-the charges against her were not proved, she is legally considered not guilty.

On the other hand, a man, O.J. Simpson, was found not guilty of killing 3 people, even when his bloody shoeprints were found at the crime scene--at his criminal trial he did, indeed, get away with the murder of those three people. The reason one can quite legitimately consider him a murderer is because, at his subsequent civil trial, he was found responsible for causing the wrongful deaths of those three people. Looking at both the Anthony and Simpson cases, I see no evidence that "the justice system is more lenient on women than it is on men."

I don't want to bother addressing your comments about feminism and Clinton, or Cosby, and the media, I don't pay attention to feminists, and I don't care how they weigh in on the scandals of these two men, if they comment at all. That's your obsession. Clinton wound up being impeached, which seems sufficient punishment to me. His presidential legacy will forever be tarnished by that.
Quote:
Cosby, however, is an openly conservative black male in an industry that's excessively liberal. Cosby gives public speeches about the importance of family and self reliance. This is in stark opposition to the victim narrative of marxists/feminists. Maybe Cosby pissed off the wrong people?

The main people he seems to have pissed off are the people in the black community, who now regard him as a two-faced hypocrite. While he was on his high horse giving them excoriating speeches about the importance of "family", this man was routinely cheating on his wife, and, apparently, serially sexually abusing about 24 women.

Cosby has succeeded in pissing off, and disappointing, most people at this point.

You are a demagogue committed to regurgitating the quite biased men's rights activists party line, with poorly formulated arguments, and inaccurate, or flat out untrue information. I'd suggest you stop making false allegations, of all sorts, before you start complaining about them.
hawkeye10

Fri 12 Dec, 2014 04:57 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
The main people he seems to have pissed off are the people in the black community, who now regard him as a two-faced hypocrite.
He was never well liked in the black community. The first problem was acting white, the second problem was not adopting the black victim story to explain that failure of blacks to thrive, and the biggest crime was talking about black community problems out in the open where whites could hear. There is more piling on now, as blacks who before had given him credit for having his heart in the right place now feel free to malign him along with the rest of the blacks.

However, keep in mind that the black family has been a disaster for decades, black men have for decades been so lowly regarded by black women that they have been considered not worth keeping around...to suggest that a black man mistreating women is some great surprise and is a big crime is nonsense.
nononono

Fri 12 Dec, 2014 07:08 pm
@firefly,
Wikipedia, firefly?

Quote:
I have news for you, nononono. it turns out Albert wasn't innocent, the allegations weren't false, he had bitten that woman, and he wound up pleading guilty to reduced charges in a plea deal. And NBC rehired him less than 2 years after they fired him, and his career was just fine.

There's a lot more to the Albert case than a condensed wiki article will tell you. The woman who accused him later admitted that she liked rough sex, including rough sex with Albert. She was angry at him and claimed abuse because of the biting even though they both bit each other frequently during sex.

He plead guilty to a lesser charge because he thought (probably accurately) that he had no other option. He did work briefly after that, but his reputation was so ruined that it was short lived and his career faded.

All because of bullshit allegations.

And so you get a fail on knowing your history, firefly.

Quote:
The sentencing phase of her trial resulted in a hung jury--8 jurors voted for the death penalty

Due to the ridiculous argument that death was "too harsh" a penalty for a woman who stabbed and shot her boyfriend multiple times, and slit his throat all while claiming "self defense"! Had that been a man, the decision would've been unanimous the first go through.

And Casey Anthony is a ******* liar and you know it. I'm not even going to debate this, because you know you're full of **** again. She's an attractive woman, and juries not only are more lenient on women, but especially attractive women.

Quote:
On the other hand, a man, O.J. Simpson, was found not guilty of killing 3 people, even when his bloody shoeprints were found at the crime scene

And OJ is a ******* liar too. But the difference between him and Anthony is that OJ was famous. If he had been just some nigger off the street he would've been convicted. The reason he got off is because of money. He bought his way out with money and fame.

Quote:
Clinton wound up being impeached, which seems sufficient punishment to me. His presidential legacy will forever be tarnished by that.

How seriously skewed is your view of history? Clinton was not impeached, he was acquitted. And history has shown his presidency in a pretty darn favorable light. So much so that he helped Obama become president, and that his wife will likely be president.

So again, firefly you get a fail on your knowledge of history.

Quote:
You are a demagogue committed to regurgitating the quite biased men's rights activists party line,

And calling me an MRA (as if that's even a derogatory term) is your go to deflection tactic firefly. It's because you are pathetic and you don't have any real arguments to stand on.

You get a fail on all these points firefly.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120525204300/lego/images/c/cb/Thumbs-down.jpg
nononono

Fri 12 Dec, 2014 07:16 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
He was never well liked in the black community. The first problem was acting white, the second problem was not adopting the black victim story to explain that failure of blacks to thrive, and the biggest crime was talking about black community problems out in the open where whites could hear.

I can see someone attacking you for "racism" for saying this. But this is actually completely accurate hawkeye. I won't go into detail about one of my jobs, but it is entertainment related. I've seen evidence of this first hand. And don't forget that the reason this controversy started was because of the criticism through a stand up routine of Hannibal Burress, another black comedian.

Quote:
However, keep in mind that the black family has been a disaster for decades, black men have for decades been so lowly regarded by black women that they have been considered not worth keeping around...to suggest that a black man mistreating women is some great surprise and is a big crime is nonsense.

Also remember that Cosby's character on the Cosby show was really the last ever portrayal of a strong, patriarchal father figure. After the Cosby show, sitcoms were (and still are to this day) filled with depictions of fathers as bumbling idiots who need to be supervised by their wives.

I dare say that Cosby's portrayal of a strong, smart father was probably not well liked by feminists.
hawkeye10

Fri 12 Dec, 2014 07:55 pm
@nononono,
Quote:
I can see someone attacking you for "racism" for saying this. But this is actually completely accurate hawkeye
I am just reporting, not giving any of my ideas. I pay attention to a lot of different things, I have a massive curiosity, this business about Cosby and the black community is something that I noticed mid 90's.

Quote:
After the Cosby show, sitcoms were (and still are to this day) filled with depictions of fathers as bumbling idiots who need to be supervised by their wives.
And in the Cosby Show they were black but they played it like it did not matter, sitcoms with blacks since have very often made being black a big part of the gag. The blackness is actually exaggerated for laughs.

Quote:
I dare say that Cosby's portrayal of a strong, smart father was probably not well liked by feminists
Cosby has been till now a darling of the feminists, both for the approach he took with his art but also for his charity work in support of women, especially at univerity. His lobbying to get black men to stand up and help out was also seen as being in support of women, because then black women would not need to raise the kids all alone.
firefly

Fri 12 Dec, 2014 08:03 pm
@nononono,
Quote:

How seriously skewed is your view of history? Clinton was not impeached, he was acquitted.

Clinton was definitely impeached in the House. He was acquitted in the Senate, which prevented his removal from office, but that does not change the fact that he was, indeed impeached, one of only two Presidents in our country's history to have been impeached. An impeachment is like an indictment--a subsequent acquittal at trial does not undue the fact that the impeachment occurred.

Quote:
Bill Clinton, Democrat, was impeached on December 19, 1998, by the House of Representatives on articles charging perjury (specifically, lying to a federal grand jury) by a 228–206 vote, and obstruction of justice by a 221–212 vote. The House rejected other articles: One was a count of perjury in a civil deposition in Paula Jones' sexual harassment lawsuit against Clinton (by a 205–229 vote). The second article was one that accused Clinton of abuse of power by a 48–285 vote. The Senate vote to remove him from office fell short of the necessary ⅔, voting 45-55 to remove him on obstruction of justice and 50-50 on perjury.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment#History_of_federal_impeachment_proceedings_in_the_United_States

Quote:

IMPEACHMENT: THE OVERVIEW -- CLINTON IMPEACHED; HE FACES A SENATE TRIAL, 2D IN HISTORY; VOWS TO DO JOB TILL TERM'S 'LAST HOUR'
By ALISON MITCHELL
Published: December 20, 1998

William Jefferson Clinton was impeached on charges of perjury and obstruction of justice today by a divided House of Representatives, which recommended virtually along party lines that the Senate remove the nation's 42d President from office.

A few hours after the vote, Mr. Clinton, surrounded by Democrats, walked onto the South Lawn of the White House, his wife, Hillary, on his arm, to pre-empt calls for his resignation. The man who in better days had debated where he would stand in the pantheon of American Presidents said he would stay in office and vowed ''to go on from here to rise above the rancor, to overcome the pain and division, to be a repairer of the breach.'' Later, Mr. Clinton called off the bombing in Iraq, declaring the mission accomplished.

Mr. Clinton became only the second President in history to be impeached, in a stunning day that also brought the resignation of the incoming Speaker of the House, Robert L. Livingston.
http://www.nytimes.com/1998/12/20/us/impeachment-overview-clinton-impeached-he-faces-senate-trial-2d-history-vows-job.html

How skewed is your view of history? Significantly, it seems.

hawkeye10

Fri 12 Dec, 2014 08:11 pm
I gotta figure that Cosby being able to put on a show in front of a mostly old Florida white audience (mostly Republican?) post scandal is all about the whites wanting to show support for a black guy who did not buy into the black victim story, for a guy who believed in a post racial America as much as they do. Sure whites get sick of the constant claims from blacks that whites suck and want that to be over, but more than that a lot of people do believe in the melting pot, they want the color of our skin to not matter. It was refreshing to see in Cosby a man sporting black skin who believed in the same thing.
0 Replies

nononono

Fri 12 Dec, 2014 08:35 pm
@firefly,
firefly, you are splitting hairs.

Was that your "Gotcha!" moment?

Weak. Clinton is a beloved ex-president (especially by women), and that proves my point. He was not criticised by the feminist supported media during his scandals. He was not removed from office, and you know damn well that was my point. But we all know that feminists like you re-write history to suit their agenda.

You fail again.

http://www.clipartbest.com/cliparts/RiG/8Mx/RiG8MxKiL.png
ossobuco

Fri 12 Dec, 2014 08:42 pm

Thank you, firefly, forever
0 Replies

nononono

Fri 12 Dec, 2014 08:45 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Cosby has been till now a darling of the feminists, both for the approach he took with his art but also for his charity work in support of women, especially at univerity. His lobbying to get black men to stand up and help out was also seen as being in support of women, because then black women would not need to raise the kids all alone.

I haven't seen any evidence of this. Especially when it's no secret that what feminists really want is men out of the picture so that they can drain men's money through alimony/child support via the state. Effectively having a man's resources while throwing their men into poverty. Because **** men. Men are subhuman.
ossobuco

Fri 12 Dec, 2014 08:48 pm
Has the zero-er been raped?
0 Replies

firefly

Fri 12 Dec, 2014 09:09 pm
@nononono,
Quote:
firefly, you are splitting hairs.

No, I am being accurate, something that seems to rarely concern you.

nononono

Fri 12 Dec, 2014 09:11 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
No, I am being accurate, something that seems to rarely concern you.

Oh really? Then be accurate and investigate the Marv Albert case beyond a casual glance at Wikipedia for starters. Mr. Green
glitterbag

Fri 12 Dec, 2014 09:26 pm
@firefly,
So just between us angry man-hating feminists, who do you think the mole is that snitched about us figuring out how to prevent the sister-hood from ever serving time regardless of how heinous the crime we may choose to perpetrate? Does the Queen know about it, cause she's really going to be pissed. Do you think it's possible they (the men) know how we figured how to only give birth to girls?????

Now for nononono, you can plant a thumb the size of the Empire State Building on-line and you will still not be a smart guy. I know it's hard to understand this, but when the adults on this forum were pursuing their education, there was no internet, no google and no Wikipedia. So we actually learned how to do research, and here's the other light bulb moment, most of us have actually lived thru the events you quaintly refer to as history. And by us, I mean the men AND the women. We might be baby boomers, but our parents didn't raise no dummies. It's discouraging that so many young people like you are so breathtakingly entitled and see no need at all to be responsible for anything. Its so much easier to blame everyone else for your lack of success and behave like major pissy pot crybabies. It's sad that you think tantrums will serve you well, but I'll sleep just fine tonight. I'm not responsible for you, you are responsible for you, and when it comes down to it, your ignorant ass will not affect my standard of living or anything else in my life. I value your opinion more than Miller and Pamela Rose, but that's not high praise. They are bitter angry women who talk like bigots. I've blocked them, and I think it's time to put you on ignore. Oh but not because you claim to be a male, it's just that the three of you are the idiot savants of ignorance.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Fri 12 Dec, 2014 09:29 pm
@firefly,
Hi firefly, I don't know about you, but I'm feeling pretty good right now.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Fri 12 Dec, 2014 09:33 pm
@nononono,
Oh dear God I almost missed this, so pissy pot is interested in women's studies, works in a hospital AND is in entertainment!!!!! Ladies, does it get any better than this? I don't think so.
0 Replies