Bill Cosby accused of Rape - say it ain't so

hawkeye10

Wed 3 Dec, 2014 10:47 pm
Let me make a prediction: One of these women is going to have either proof or a recorded admission, and then we will know for sure even if there never is a trial.

We will never see him again, and the corporate schmucks will pull most of his art and lectures and we will never see them again.
0 Replies

roger

Wed 3 Dec, 2014 10:49 pm
@hawkeye10,
Really! Given some of the things that come out of jury trials, no one would be that stupid no matter how innocent they were - and if they were.
hawkeye10

Wed 3 Dec, 2014 11:05 pm
@roger,
What are you babbling about? He traded a bit of money to make a pr and /or legal problem go away, hopefully forever. That is a good deal irregardless of whether he is innocent or guilty.
firefly

Wed 3 Dec, 2014 11:20 pm
@hawkeye10,
Except the legal and PR problem didn't go away after that 2005 civil suit settlement--it's resurfaced with a vengeance. His legacy and reputation are now in shambles over the same allegations that were contained in that 2005 suit. People are listening to, and believing, his victims now, and that's shattered the "good guy" image of himself that Cosby had sold to the public.

He just canceled his two upcoming live shows in NY.
Quote:

Bill Cosby Backs Out of Shows After Allred Challenge
12/3/2014

Bill Cosby immediately postponed his upcoming live shows ... just minutes after Gloria Allred tried to shame him into putting up $100 mil for his alleged victims.

Cosby was scheduled to do 2 shows in Tarrytown, NY (just N. of NYC) on Saturday -- but about 5 minutes after Gloria's announcement ... the Tarrytown Music Hall said the shows had been delayed.

The venue said Cosby and the promoter reached the decision together ... and everyone will get full refunds. Unclear if the postponement was in direct response to the Allred news conference, but the timing is suspicious.

Several other theaters had already canceled or rescheduled Cosby shows, although his last one in Florida went off without a hitch.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/12/03/bill-cosby-postpones-next-concert-gloria-allred-challenge/#ixzz3Ku2Rg4fo

ehBeth

Wed 3 Dec, 2014 11:31 pm
@firefly,
Interesting thing about the shows being cancelled.

Apparently there was something in the contracts that did not allow venues to cancel Cosby appearances without very significant cost consequences. A couple of venues up here were allowing/suggesting people return tickets, but explained they couldn't cancel the shows.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Thu 4 Dec, 2014 02:02 am
@FOUND SOUL,
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2856368/PIERS-MORGAN-LeBoeuf-s-rape-story-Shia-insult-REAL-rape-victims-everywhere.html

I
Quote:
got into a Twitter war with Hollywood star Shia LaBeouf over the weekend.

Or rather, I went to war with him and he remained silent – as he prefers to do much of the time these days.

I was enraged by his claim to have been ‘raped’ because, frankly – he wasn’t.

Rape is a heinous crime. On that, I assume, we can all agree

One woman who came with her boyfriend, who was outside the door when this happened, whipped my legs for 10 minutes and then stripped my clothing and proceeded to rape me,’ he said.

‘There were hundreds of people in line when she walked out with dishevelled hair and smudged lipstick. It was no good, not just for me but her man as well.’

LaBeouf says the situation got even worse when he realised that his girlfriend, fellow Nymphomaniac star Mia Goth, was also waiting in line to see him when the ‘assault’ took place.

‘It was Valentine’s Day and I was living in the gallery for the duration of the event – we were separated for five days, no communication,’ he explained. ‘So it really hurt her as well, as I guess the news of it travelled through the line. When she came in, she asked for an explanation, and I couldn’t speak, so we both sat with this unexplained trauma silently. It was painful.’

So let’s be very clear here: Shia LaBeouf wants us to believe he just sat in silence, with a paper bag over his head, doing absolutely nothing to resist as he was supposedly brutally whipped and ‘raped’?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2856368/PIERS-MORGAN-LeBoeuf-s-rape-story-Shia-insult-REAL-rape-victims-everywhere.html#ixzz3KujrUjNG
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

And then we have this interesting read. As the writer mentions Bill Cosby and the accusations I thought it best to put this in this thread.

I do think Shia is a strange soul.
izzythepush

Thu 4 Dec, 2014 03:47 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
Bill Cosby in 77 years has never even been on trial, much less convicted.

So what?

Neither had Jimmy Savile, he even got knighted. He was a predatory paedophile, rapist and suspected necrophiliac.

I hear Jack the ripper got away with it too.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Thu 4 Dec, 2014 11:59 am
Quote:
“Bill found us again on Saturday night even though we had changed restaurants several times to avoid him,” said Hayes. “At first, we thought it was all right because it was day time, and because it was Bill Cosby. We felt we were safe. But then when he found us in the last restaurant, he approached me from behind and reached over my shoulder and grabbed my right breast. I was stunned, and angry, because he had no right to do that. And I didn’t know why he would behave that way. His behavior was like that of a predator.”

At that point, Hayes seemed to cut her story short, barely able to speak through the tears.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/12/03/two-new-bill-cosby-accusers-come-forward-we-challenge-mr-cosby-to-end-this-nightmare.html

A man grabbed your tit 40 years ago and you are so overwhelmed with grief that you cant talk??!!

Some resilience training is certainly in order.

If we were not into silly time a month ago we sure are now.
Germlat

Thu 4 Dec, 2014 01:05 pm
@hawkeye10,
Maybe if Bill Cosby had cupped your nuts you'd still be clapping for him...
glitterbag

Thu 4 Dec, 2014 01:06 pm
@hawkeye10,
It's called assault you creep. Even if you do live in the freak filled cesspool you claim to, you know full well there are consequences when you get caught with your hands someplace they are not welcome. Get caught often enough, and then everyone knows you are a bottom dweller. This is not a boys will be boys situation, except perhaps in hawkeye world, where men wander around and fondle females because in their warped minds it's no biggie. I doubt you managed to get this far and can say in all honesty you have never been touched in an unwelcome way, you have never been creeped out by someone. Sadly, some people have boundary issues, you may be one of them. Car thieves understand jail time can result by putting hands on things that belong to others. It's actually very simple, most people understand the rules and the consequences if you break them. But, you seem to think that women can be touched or fondled and it's less offensive than blowing your nose on someone's sleeve.

I actually think you're full of ****, and you just say things to be provocative. Come to think of it, everybody thinks you're full of **** and you agree with that.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Thu 4 Dec, 2014 01:08 pm
@Germlat,
Germlat wrote:

I wish I saw your remark before I wrote mine.
FOUND SOUL

Thu 4 Dec, 2014 01:10 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
A man grabbed your tit 40 years ago and you are so overwhelmed with grief that you cant talk??!!

No, a famous man followed her and her friends around all day, then proceeded to continue to locate her at night, restaurant by restaurant until he found them, then he reached over and grabbed her tit, which is a violation.

She was overwhelmed because she felt like he was a predator, stalked her all day and night what could happen tomorrow? Fear does amazing things especially to those that are young.

I suppose it was ok, for him to pinch the other girls nipple whilst under the influence of his pills that he gave her, and then hump her leg, groaning as well.
0 Replies

firefly

Thu 4 Dec, 2014 01:15 pm
Quote:
Bill Cosby: Will we ever feel the same about him?
Clarence Page
Chicago Tribune
December 2, 2014

When asked about recent allegations against Bill Cosby, Chris Rock fell into what for him is an unusual position. He was at a loss for words..

"I don't know what to say," he told New York magazine. "What do you say? I hope it's not true. That's all you can say. I really do. I grew up on Cosby. I love Cosby, and I just hope it's not true."

A lot of us longtime Cosby fans have been at a loss for words ever since long-simmering rumors boiled over in recent weeks that Cosby allegedly drugged and sexually assaulted women over many years.

Then Rock mused: "It's a weird year for comedy. We lost Robin, we lost Joan and we kind of lost Cosby."

Yes, we have. Unlike the losses of Robin Williams and Joan Rivers, Cosby is still alive, but that's more than we can say for his comedy career or his stature as a civic role model.

The bad news for "Cos" keeps on coming.

Monday, he resigned from his alma mater Temple University's board of trustees under pressure from an online petition campaign.

Other colleges that have honored the 77-year-old actor, comedian and philanthropic supporter of historically black colleges and universities also have begun to sever ties with him.

Earlier a Netflix special, a new NBC show planned for next fall and a growing number of dates on his "Cosby 77" comedy tour have been canceled or "indefinitely postponed."

After years of enjoying him in roles as varied as Cliff Huxtable on his groundbreaking "Cosby" show to Jell-O Pudding Pops commercials, can Cosby ever make us laugh again?

Like every accused person, he deserves the presumption of innocence. But we're talking here about the court of public opinion, not a court of law.

The charges are not by any means new. Through the years Cosby has faced other similar allegations and steadfastly denied them all. In 2006, he settled for an undisclosed amount of money a civil lawsuit that alleged similar charges.

But if Cosby thought he had put that behind him, he had not counted on today's social media and a new public sensitivity to rape allegations.

A video clip of comedian Hannibal Buress calling Cosby a rapist went viral in November when the count of accusing women was only 13. More women have since gone public.

If silence can ever be deafening, it certainly was when Cosby, with his wife, Camille, sitting next to him, greeted NPR's Scott Simon's questions about the allegation with nothing more than a shake of his head.

He gave a similar response to an Associated Press reporter earlier and has since canceled scheduled TV interviews.

And we, his longtime fans eager to give him the benefit of our doubts, wait for something more to hold onto.

Sure, Cosby may want to avoid saying anything in public in order to avoid even more legal claims against him. But as well as that might work in a court of law, it does nothing to reassure the court of public opinion.

This is hardly the first time that a huge fan base has grown up around a popular entertainer and role model, only to find he had feet of clay. But one would be hard-pressed to match Cosby, who took on a new mission a decade ago with his forceful calls for his fellow African-Americans to build stronger families, communities and work ethics.

The heavy cloud of scandal, thickened in this case by the horrendous nature of the accusations, tests our ability to separate the public figure from the private human.

Scandalized celebrities as varied as Woody Allen, Martha Stewart and numerous athletes have managed to make comebacks.

It is possible to hold conflicting images in our heads. But Bill Cosby's fall is huge because he has been held up so highly in our heads and hearts. We may still enjoy his old recordings, but we've lost the Cosby we knew. The title of his most recent stand-up TV special, "Far from Finished," should have a question mark behind it.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/page/ct-bill-cosby-chris-rock-woody-allen-martha-stewart-perspec-1203-jm-20141202-column.html
Germlat

Thu 4 Dec, 2014 01:22 pm
@glitterbag,
We were probably writing at the same time.. Wink
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Thu 4 Dec, 2014 01:50 pm
@Germlat,
Germlat wrote:

Nuts?

Hawkeye's got nuts?

Well I never.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Thu 4 Dec, 2014 02:00 pm
@firefly,
Who ever wrote the headline on the Clarence Page piece misrepresented his view either through design or ignorance. Page says correctly that our opinion of Cosby is forever changed, the only question is whether he is finished or not. He almost certainly is.

This comeback idea was always iffy though, as it is difficult for Cosby to work almost blind. This was alway an attempt at a last hoorah, and there was a likelihood that he would embarrass himself in the attempt like Glenn Campbell did.

Time to pack it in.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Thu 4 Dec, 2014 02:06 pm
I hear through the grapevine that tommorrow another woman is going to come forward. She is going to go up in front of the cameras and cry for us as she tells her story of how in 1966 Bill Cosby gave her an unwelcome hand pat as she was talking to him, and how this devastated her life.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Thu 4 Dec, 2014 02:09 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Evin Cosby - on facebook. That's your answer as to at least what "one" of his Daughter's think.

Lisa Bonnett - daughter on the Cosby show wrote a notation about Karma and how you can't hide, which I found interesting.

Evin also put up a pair of nude high heel shoes with toes painted on it, asking if those shoes came in black.

Quote:
It's funny how the media can't stand to be wrong. The way they using their words by saying "backlash" to manipulate the public to think Ms. Jill Scott is under fire. When many people (majority) supportive of what she's saying. The media are scared to be wrong with anything they are reporting because they do not want to lose their readers!
hawkeye10

Thu 4 Dec, 2014 02:13 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
As I recall Lisa Bonnett had major clashes with Cosby both on her wild child personal life and on her charactor. She is not a credible witness.
glitterbag

Thu 4 Dec, 2014 02:19 pm
@hawkeye10,
So, when did you pass the bar exam?
0 Replies