Bill Cosby accused of Rape - say it ain't so

hawkeye10

Mon 1 Dec, 2014 04:39 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
When I read that he used to hang out at the Playboy mansion with Hugh Hefner

Back in the day nobody turned down a invite to the playboy mansion, people did not go because they passed some kind of a misogynist test, they went because it was the location of some of the best parties in the nation. Also keep in mind that the Playboy mansion was feminist approved.

Your argument goes nowhere.
Miller

Mon 1 Dec, 2014 04:51 pm
@hawkeye10,
The Club in Chicago was very inter-racial too.
FOUND SOUL

Mon 1 Dec, 2014 04:52 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Possibly, but not a knock out and the accusation is that he fondled. If the accusation is true then even ten years ago after partially having a female drugged up he did not get his penus out, there are no claims the following ten years or the previous ten years (15 I think) which goes to show that he is no longer a threat.

He was 66 years of age.. His wife gave him birthday sex for his 77th birthday and apparently, she asked him to keep going, he couldn't keep it up.

In any event, at 77 years of age, so what he may not be a threat to do it anymore what has that got to do with anything. So, it's "ok" to drug someone and fondle them.

Really?

In addition to that, I've already stated that he selected who to have sex with and in the 60's next to no one came out as a woman, they hid and felt ashamed. How can a 17 year old go up against someone so powerful.. Who is going to believe a 17 year old when the guy is 27 - 40...

He selected his prey on age. And on vulnerability... At 66, she was what 36, 39.. Fondling he probably figured is not a crime, he'd claim he was drunk.

It means it's STILL in his system Hawkeye to try again some 15 years later.

You always try to cover up on what you stuff up on.

Quote:
"He questioned me quite extensively about my personal history, my relationship with my father. My father abandoned me when I was 14." She says now, "In hindsight I look back and I realize what he was doing. He was getting information of where my vulnerabilities lay." In that first meeting, she claims Cosby gave her an acting exercise that struck her as disturbing: "He wanted me to imagine fully that I was inebriated, that I was out of control, drunk or drugged.... He wanted me to just slump in my chair, and he wanted my limbs to be limp, and he would whisper in my ear what he wanted."
0 Replies

Miller

Mon 1 Dec, 2014 04:52 pm
@hawkeye10,
Did Cosby only rape white women or were there a few women "of color" in the "chosen" group?
hawkeye10

Mon 1 Dec, 2014 04:55 pm
@Miller,
Miller wrote:

Hef put a black girl on the cover in 1971, he was extremely racially liberated.
hawkeye10

Mon 1 Dec, 2014 04:58 pm
@Miller,
Miller wrote:

Did Cosby only rape white women or were there a few women "of color" in the "chosen" group?

The accusers are a rainbow of colors, he loved rainbows. He famously held up jello commercial shootings until the kids met his rainbow requirements.
Miller

Mon 1 Dec, 2014 05:06 pm
@hawkeye10,
All of the women, whose photos were printed in newspapers and magazines looked white to me. I wonder why...
0 Replies

Miller

Mon 1 Dec, 2014 05:08 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Miller wrote:

Hef put a black girl on the cover in 1971, he was extremely racially liberated.

You mean the Playboy magazine?
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Mon 1 Dec, 2014 05:09 pm
@Miller,
That's an interesting question, I believe the 19 that have come forward are all white women.

So are you suggesting that he is racist as well.
hawkeye10

Mon 1 Dec, 2014 05:27 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
FOUND SOUL wrote:

That's an interesting question, I believe the 19 that have come forward are all white women.

So are you suggesting that he is racist as well.

Renita Chaney Hill, Angela Leslie, Jewel Allison and Michelle Hurd will all be surprised to find out that they are not black I think.
0 Replies

Miller

Mon 1 Dec, 2014 05:30 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:

... at the Playboy ... -they were sex objects, really sex toys, for the use of rich and powerful men.

This sounds like you've never been to a PlayBoy Club. Most of the men at the Playboy club ( at least in Chicago) were solid middle-class (both the white and the black guys). None of the men I know, who partied at the Club were rich and powerful. They had money to spend, so they spent it and had a very good time. I don't blame them for wanting to have a good time, not one bit.

They were, for the most part, your "average Joe" out for a good time and for God's sake, why would anyone keeping thinking these men ( at the Club) were at the Club in search of a "Sex Toy? They enjoyed the food , the drinks and the company of the glamorous women who worked there.

firefly

Mon 1 Dec, 2014 05:50 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Also keep in mind that the Playboy mansion was feminist approved.

As usual, you don't know what you are talking about. None of the Playboy enterprises--the mansion, the magazine, or the Playboy clubs were ever "feminist approved".

Soon-to-become feminist icon, Gloria Steinem, first made a name for herself in investigative journalism by going undercover to work as a Bunny in a Playboy club, and exposing how badly the Bunnies were treated.
http://dlib.nyu.edu/undercover/bunnys-tale-gloria-steinem-show-magazine

Steinem was convinced that the sexual liberation of women could not be defined by men--particularly men like Hefner, who were using it to exploit women. She then went on to become one of the most prominent faces, and voices, and influences, in feminism for the next several decades.

At the time that Cosby was hanging out at the Playboy mansion, it was a bastion of male power, self-entitlement and sexist attitudes toward women.

0 Replies

glitterbag

Mon 1 Dec, 2014 05:52 pm
@Miller,
Miller wrote:

Just when I thought that all the regular creepy people had picked over the salacious details, ad nauseum, here comes KAK, the worlds purest white woman. There is nothing that makes her happier.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Mon 1 Dec, 2014 05:58 pm
@Miller,
I'll agree with that mostly, Miller, re the actual club. I think my then boyfriend and I went to the one in LA once for a drink before going another place for dinner, but it's a faint memory. It was one of many places he took me to, usually dinner and dancing: not wealthy, an engineer with a job/career, man with a good heart. He was, if anything, on the innocent side, to me then and in memory now.

On the other hand, not long later, I lived across a common wall from the then playboy bunny of the year. A few times, I heard yelling by her and boyfriend and some stuff hurling to the wall, that scared me but didn't last. I was ignorant myself back then, first apartment - that I left quickly, not re them exactly but the cockroaches.
It wasn't a dump, but on a main street in west LA., even then on the upscale real estate wise.

Not to claim that all the bunnies had this kind of stuff going on, but that I bet there were related problems.

Decades later, I read that she had shot a guy and done time.

Another faint memory, didn't Gloria Steinem do a bunny gig?
firefly

Mon 1 Dec, 2014 06:17 pm
@Miller,
Quote:

This sounds like you've never been to a PlayBoy Club. Most of the men at the Playboy club ( at least in Chicago) were solid middle-class (both the white and the black guys). None of the men I know, who partied at the Club were rich and powerful. They had money to spend, so they spent it and had a very good time. I don't blame them for wanting to have a good time, not one bit.

Your thinking is confused. I wasn't talking about a Playboy Club in that quote, Miller, I was talking about the Playboy mansion, where the guests were rich and powerful men, like Cosby, and the young women were mainly for the sexual satisfaction of the men. Given his pattern of behavior, it was an atmosphere that would have suited Cosby well.

I did visit a Playboy Club once--its main gimmick was the scanty Bunny costumes the waitresses had to wear. These women were attractive but they were encased in uncomfortable costumes to enhance their "gawking appeal"--there really was nothing "glamorous" about their lives, they were waitresses presented as sex objects, so male patrons could feel like a part of the Playboy image and lifestyle

You should really read Gloria Steinem's two 1963 articles about her experiences as a Bunny at a Playboy club.
http://dlib.nyu.edu/undercover/bunnys-tale-gloria-steinem-show-magazine
ossobuco

Mon 1 Dec, 2014 06:21 pm
@ossobuco,
I see she did..
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Mon 1 Dec, 2014 06:25 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
Gloria Steinem reputedly said that a, “woman reading Playboy feels a little like a Jew reading a Nazi manual,”

http://www.stylist.co.uk/life/playboy-feminist-icon

I am not arguing that the mag or the clubs were feminist approved, but I believe that parties at the mansion were, because Hef treated women as equals at the mansion, and insisted that everyone else did as well. Women were decorations? That is not the way I heard it at the time.
glitterbag

Mon 1 Dec, 2014 08:35 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
Gloria Steinem reputedly said that a, “woman reading Playboy feels a little like a Jew reading a Nazi manual,”

http://www.stylist.co.uk/life/playboy-feminist-icon

I am not arguing that the mag or the clubs were feminist approved, but I believe that parties at the mansion were, because Hef treated women as equals at the mansion, and insisted that everyone else did as well. Women were decorations? That is not the way I heard it at the time.

You actually keep a straight face and claim the mansion parties were feminist approved????? First of all, there is no such thing as "Officials Feminist Approval", this is a figment of your fevered imagination. You remind me of those creepy ass guys who seem to just know in their bones that there is an open
orgy going on every single minute of the whole god damned day, and if they keep probing with their creepy question and slimy innuendo somebody will slip up and give them the directions and magic password. Without a doubt, in matters of human sexuality you have to be the most shallow, most ill-informed and foolish males I've ever encountered. And speaking as a female linguist/analyst who began working at DOD in the late 60's, as a young woman I met many of your brethren. I met some real cretins, but skippy, you take the cake.

The few women who were employed by DOD mostly worked as secretaries and personnel administrators and were civilians. At that time in history, none of the service branches trained women in any of the technical fields. I lucked out as one of the few civilian women to work with and among WWII vets, the Korean War Vets and because Vietnam was still wild and wooly, active duty Soldiers who returned from the War zones were assigned in our offices to finish
up their 4 year tours. ASA soldiers usually didn't get to decide if they cared to go to Vietnam, unlike today, they only were compelled to go once. Additional tours were voluntary.

And since when did Hugh Hefner EVER think women were human let alone his equal. That's the largest load of bullshit you have ever hurled, I'm surprised you had the strength to lift it. You are a moron. (My apologies in advance to civilized moron)

One clarification, the majority of the men were decent men, they were incredibly bright and although there was a great deal of good natured banter, they didn't behave badly, which is probably why the ones who were diehard creeps stood out like sore thumbs.
izzythepush

Tue 2 Dec, 2014 02:16 am
@glitterbag,
So there isn't one woman in charge of feminism the same way Jesse Jackson is king of all the black people?
hawkeye10

Tue 2 Dec, 2014 03:05 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
the same way Jesse Jackson is king of all the black people?

Jesse Jackson has been irrelevant for a decade. He got more so a couple of years back when his kid turned out to be an incompetent lying thieving bastard. Pops absolutely gets some of the blame.