Craven and Bi-Polar Bear have inspired OCCOM BILL to finally

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 01:45 pm
Did the question come from a church?... Cause the answers that com to mind all seem leading in that direction.
Ageless
Timeless
Never-ending
Everlasting
Eternal

I'm 36 by the way... I think...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 01:47 pm
realage.com has a question like that

you can go in and figure out what your 'real' age is, based on how well you take care of yourself. i've aged badly in the past 4 years according to them. I was 12 just before 911. Now I'm closer to my real age.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 01:48 pm
No, the question was on one of those 'thought provoking questions' lists that travel around on the internet. I just thought that question was particularly thought provoking and could have an influence on our general outlook on life I think and that might influence how well we decide to take care of ourselves maybe?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 02:06 pm
I took the "real age" test and apparently, since I quit smoking I am right on schedule!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 02:19 pm
Add some dragonboat racing, Kristie, and you'll start getting carded again Very Happy

Cool that quitting smoking can do for so much of your body - skin and eyes and hair look better - you can breathe better - your clothes don't stink - it's all kind of nice.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 02:21 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Add some dragonboat racing, Kristie, and you'll start getting carded again Very Happy

Cool that quitting smoking can do for so much of your body - skin and eyes and hair look better - you can breathe better - your clothes don't stink - it's all kind of nice.

I like the non-stinking part. I can't WAIT for hubby to quit...nasty stinky thing......
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 04:03 pm
Damn it ehBeth, I quit smoking too... and the damn thing has me 4.3 years older than I'm supposed to be! (I used my no-exercise-data from before the New Year, so I should see some improvement as soon as I can confidently say I have a steady routine now. :wink:)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 04:41 pm
The steady exercise routine really helps, O'Bill. I used to work out a minimum of 12 hours a week, plus team practices and races. I literally became a teen. Looked gooooooooood too. Cool
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 04:43 pm
And exercise first thing in your day is the most beneficial time to do it too. But damn it's hard to roll out of a warm soft bed and climb on that treadmill first thing in the morning.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 04:49 pm
I've never been a morning exerciser. Tried it a couple times. Almost fell asleep in the pool doing laps once. Not a good idea.

I'm a lunch, after work, weekend worker-outer. I've been thinking of getting the Carmen Electra strippercise DVD to re-start the home routine.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 05:02 pm
When I was in a business that provided workout times for folks (a large YWCA), we actually monitored effectiveness of our acquacize and jazzercize groups over a 30-days period. Now mind you these were studies using samplings too small to be statistically significant, but we weighed everybody, a RN took blood pressure, heart rate, etc. etc. etc. and then we charted it all again at the end of each of the next four weeks.

In both the aquacize and jazzercise groups, the 7 a.m. group did about 5% better than the mid morning, aternoon, or evening groups. The mid morning group did better than the afternoon or evening groups. There was essentially no difference between the afternoon and evening groups. Bottom line, ALL groups lost some weight, were generally more fit, and happy with the experience.

So it probably doesn't make all that much difference and I always opt for pleasant and fun over strict anything when it doesn't make all that much difference.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 06:25 pm
0 Replies

smog

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 03:49 pm
I've hardly, if ever, noticed any men smoking 100s. Does such a thing occur?

Also, I'm too lazy to catch up on this thread, but I hope that all of you are still doing well with your not smoking. I still haven't quit smoking, but I have quit drinking, so that's at least a step in the right direction.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 05:32 pm
I smoked Marlboro Light 100's until 7 months ago tomorow. :cool: Good job on the drinking thing dude. That should make it easier!
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 08:48 am
Alcohol abuse will do you far more damage in the short term Smog, and if you are getting a handle on that, that is heroic enough for now. I hope you are trusting a support group like AA to reinforce your resolve.

Many alcoholics or problem drinkers, once they are stabilized in the recovery process, will go on to tackle other addictions. But one at a time is plenty for anybody to take on I think.

A gold star for you Smog. Smile
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 09:24 am
Oh and a gold star for Obill on his 7-month anniversary of success. Smile It doesn't seem possible that seven months have gone by already since this thread started.

Where's Jer?

And Kristie, how is hubby coming along on his New Year's resolution?
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 09:37 am
Thanks Foxy! I've been taking my beating daily (3 days in a row!) with a minimum of 60 minutes exercise between running/brisk walk (alternating so I don't have a heart attack), workout at the gym downstairs and swimming in the pool. If there's a muscle on my body that isn't sore right now, I don't know which one it is. It's fascinating me how little weight it takes to get my atrophied body sore. Embarrassed No matter. By my birthday in mid-may I expect to be in the very best shape of my adult life! Cardiovascular-wise that is. Strength training will take longer (I used to be pretty damned strong. :razz:)

Jer's at 6 months today! Good job Jer! Time flies when you're not killing yourself.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 09:48 am
This is Jer's success birthday today too? Okay, a gold star for Jer Smile

Bill, I hear you re the soreness, but way to go Bill. I'm having a terrible time psyching myself back into the routine--the spirit is willing, the body objecting, the mind putting up a good fight. But I'm gonna do it come hell or high water.

That plus getting my diet back under control so that I'm eating the right stuff and staying mostly away from the no no's.

I wonder why it is so much more difficult to apply good advice to oneself?
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 10:07 am
Go Foxfyre!
0 Replies

smog

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 12:37 pm
Yea, Foxfyre, I'm doing that whole thing. It's already been over 5 months, but this is the first time I've mentioned it on here, for whatever reason. Thanks for the star!

And OBill, I smoke Marlboro Medium 100s, but I've hardly noticed any other men smoking 100s, or maybe I'm just not looking close enough. Hmm, looks like I need to revise my theory a bit.
0 Replies