Bathroom questions

ossobuco

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 07:40 pm
I agree, of course, with dlowan. On that link I gave re toilet seats and disease, I guess I should explain that Scripps (which the guy whose opinion is stated is allied with) is very highly regarded, even in my day, back in the late sixties. (I did my lab internship there, but only in an adjunct facility. The research facility is way topnotch, as in nobel prize time. - why do I mention this, because it is not just any website on toilets.)
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 02:31 am
Linkat wrote:
1. I think I crumple, but never gave it much thought.

2. I usually squat – great to tone your thigh muscles.

3. Funny you mention that – the same thing happened to me this week at work. Some one was in the stall and talking away (I presume) on their cell phone. That is disgusting. The person on the other side has to hear everyone flushing and stuff. I agree beaten with a lead pipe is appropriate for such behavior. Why not go in the lobby or something?

I have a fourth question, ever read in the public bathroom? I do not even at home. In my opinion the toilet is not some where I want to spend any more time than necessary. I do know one woman where I used to work that used to bring the newspaper into the bathroom with her. Weird.

While seated on the toliet, many people will read a book or newspaper in order to relax. This helps in the elimination process in cases of intense hestitation.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 09:50 am
dlowan wrote:
What I HATE - oddly - is sitting down on a loo and finding the seat is WARM!!!! Ewwwwwwwwwww.....

Ewww, but so true!!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 09:52 am
I hate people who forget to flush.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 09:55 am
cavfancier wrote:
I hate people who forget to flush.

Welcome to most public bathrooms!!!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 09:59 am
Yep. I really really don't want to know what people had for breakfast when I need to do my business, hence my general avoidance of public washrooms.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 10:02 am
"I don't remember eatin' corn"
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 10:04 am
There was just a study that I have to find about a place that had far more and far worse germs than a public toilet seat... a place all of you here are guaranteed to have touched recently...

The computer keyboard!!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 10:07 am
http://www.electricnews.net/frontpage/news-9404048.html

Quote:
The report, by Dr. Charles Gerba, a University of Arizona microbiologist, says that there are about 400 times the number germs at computer workstations in the US than there are on a toilet seat.

The dirtiest spot on the desktop is the phone, the report said, where about 25,127 microbes live per square inch. The next filthiest area is the desk surface, where 20,961 invisible nasties can be found living and breathing on every square inch.

Keyboards have somewhere in the region of 3,295 germs per square inch, followed by the mouse, fax machine and photo copier, which respectively have 1,676; 301; and 69 germs swarming across every square inch. Other unclean areas are water fountain handles and microwave door handles, the study noted.

To put the figures in perspective, the average toilet seat in America has some 49 germs per square inch.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 10:08 am
That is true. However, it is within our power to wash our damn hands. I'm not a big believer in Purel or anything. We need good bacteria in our systems to fight stuff off. The no-flush thing is simply a gross-out factor.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 10:09 am
Oh, no flushing is gross, to be sure. This is picking up on what Osso and dlowan were saying.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 10:11 am
Ahh...
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 10:14 am
Make sure you keep your tooth brushes away from the terlet, everytime you flush up comes the mist!!
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 02:05 pm
1. Toilet paper? A bourgeoise conceit if you ask me. You snobs. Although I do sometimes just use the blow dryer, you know, if things get messy.

2. I'm in agreement with most of you about not, for the life of me, letting my beautiful and creamy behind touching the contaminated porecelain of most public restrooms. You'd be surprised at how much fecal matter there is just about everywhere except my apartment--where I am now, wearing a surgical mask and Kleenex boxes on my feet: I know this because I have special fecal matter detection glasses.

Concerning the whole stand up or sit down pee question. One way to avoid the question of sitting on a contaminated seat altogether, is to stand at all times, regardles of whether you are performing a number one or two. I always poop standing up, and I prefer to poop in the urinal.

But maybe you think that's weird. Maybe that's too "unorthodox" for all of you. Well I suspected such a response. Let's move on.

3. Cell phones in the bathroom? Only to use my digital camera.

And that's none of your business.

Good day.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 02:07 pm
Gargamel's post reminded of something....why do we need a bathroom when the great outdoors is there for our taking, and relieving?
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 05:01 pm
Hummm, now there's a thought - all those New Yorkers stepping out the door and peeing in the street. Just like it was night time Surprised
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 07:57 am
My friend once told me a story where he saw a homeless man stop in the middle of the sidewalk, pull down his pants, squat and did a number two right there! So the thought of New Yorkers stepping out the door and peeing may not be that far from the truth.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 08:02 am
I'm thinking that if I ever have a baby, I'll get one of those baby leashes and just walk it nekkid with the dog when they both need to do their business.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 10:35 am
If you have a baby cav, that would be front page tabloid for sure Shocked
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 12:20 pm
That would have quite the adverse impact on the child's... development!

0 Replies