Ray Rice:Discussing domestic violence

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2014 02:00 am
@Buttermilk,
Buttermilk wrote:
Why are you prying?
Because u said something that 's very odd.
I have trouble conceptualizing it.
I m not questioning your truthfulness.
Hitting someone on the chin, slugging her 2ice,
with the effect of a fx jaw. Assuming that is true,
I can t help but wonder what happened as a result
of slugging her once, but before the 2nd impact.
Was she still vertical before the 2nd impact on her chin ?
Something must have motivated u to slug her again.
I was wondering what it was. It just seems strange.
Under the circumstances, u remain free of blame.
U were only defending yourself.

Buttermilk wrote:
This was over 15 years ago. I was angry I don't remember much.
Ask anyone in a fit of rage when you are angry on that level you black out[????].
Maybe, if she hits u with her bookbag,
or kicks u in the balls.
So, u BOTH blacked out
as a result of this violent encounter ?

U were lying on the ground, together??

Buttermilk wrote:
But the fade of time regarding the issue is more of something I face
as opposed to remembering what she looked like when she was hit.
Buttermilk

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2014 07:44 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Jesus, I cannot believe I have to break something down...I thought you have a Juris Doctorate? I thought by obtaining a J.D you would employ some learned critical thinking skills that you've acquired in law school.

1)She hit me from behind (back of my head)

2) I turned around, dropped my things and proceeded to approach her in fury, rage, anger etc

3) I hit her twice....once on the face, second on the chin that dropped her.

4) I proceeded to pick up my things and go home

I don't see how much analyzing you need to do. I'm sure the in between stuff such as using vulgar language was present at the time but I don't remember. Why did I hit her twice? Well like I said whenever I've gotten into a fight I've always thrown several shots. Perhaps in some indirect way mentally I went easy on her because she was a female. Typically when I was fighting as a kid I would stomp the living hell out of you if you was on the ground. Again, this was over 15 years ago which is the past and I'd like to move forward because that was a violent time in my life.

P.S when I mention "black out" I'm not talking about losing conscious and collapsing I'm referring to the point where you are so enraged that you tend to lose control to the point where you don't remember your actions. That means your primal instinct takes over. Your anger inhibits your frontal lobe and you just lose it and unable to recall the particulars after its over.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2014 04:21 am
@Buttermilk,
Buttermilk wrote:
Jesus, I cannot believe I have to break something down...
The name is David, not Jesus.
U don 't "have to" do it; if u WANT to be understood,
then u can.

Buttermilk wrote:
I thought you have a Juris Doctorate?
Y do u keep hammering away
at that in so many of your posts?????
I am not going to represent u. I am retired from practice.

Buttermilk wrote:
I thought by obtaining a J.D you would employ some learned
critical thinking skills that you've acquired in law school.
My critical thinking skills tell me that when someone
slugs anyone on the chin TWICE and the target falls
after the 2nd impact, then the results of the first impact are curious.

I am not criticising what u did on the occasion in question.

Buttermilk wrote:
1)She hit me from behind (back of my head)

2) I turned around, dropped my things and proceeded to approach her in fury, rage, anger etc

3) I hit her twice....once on the face, second on the chin that dropped her.
Now u tell us that u only hit her
on the chin ONCE, not twice.

Buttermilk wrote:
4) I proceeded to pick up my things and go home

I don't see how much analyzing you need to do.
OK. That's enuf.

Buttermilk wrote:
I'm sure the in between stuff such as using vulgar language
was present at the time but I don't remember.

Why did I hit her twice?
That was not my question; u 've distorted it.
I asked u what happened to the target as a result of the first
impact on her chin, BEFORE the second impact on her chin.
I think that was a very simple question.

Buttermilk wrote:

Well like I said whenever I've gotten into a fight I've always thrown several shots. Perhaps in some indirect way mentally I went easy on her because she was a female. Typically when I was fighting as a kid I would stomp the living hell out of you if you was on the ground. Again, this was over 15 years ago which is the past and I'd like to move forward because that was a violent time in my life.

P.S when I mention "black out" I'm not talking about losing conscious and collapsing I'm referring to the point where you are so enraged that you tend to lose control to the point where you don't remember your actions. That means your primal instinct takes over. Your anger inhibits your frontal lobe and you just lose it and unable to recall the particulars after its over.

Any comments on this, Buttermilk ( or anyone ) concerning violence ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BOvdOmVjlU
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2014 02:37 pm
Quote:
Janay Rice has done us all a favor by opening up and explaining her thought process. She repeatedly expresses a desire for this openness to "humanize" herself and her husband, and in this interview, she definitely succeeds. It's easy to judge from the outside, but hopefully her narrative will show how much various social and emotional pressures make it seem, for the person inside the relationship, like staying is the best idea. Yes, leaving is overwhelmingly understood by experts as the long-term goal for someone in an abusive relationship—hanging in and hoping the abuse stops has a dismal track record—but shaming the victims and judging them in hopes of hurrying the process along tends to backfire and makes them more defensive of their relationships. As Janay Rice's interview shows, if you listen, they may just tell you.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2014/12/01/_why_doesn_t_she_leave_the_janay_rice_interview_contains_some_answers_to.html

Lets be very clear here: leaving is the goal that the minders have for those they they call victim, the actual person might have different and maybe even better goals. We all need to live our own lives, which is something that the bossy ones cant get through their thick heads.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2014 09:12 pm
@Buttermilk,
Well you're nothing if not classy. And you sure as hell ain't classy. I have to admire your whimpering skill buttering up ol Frank, good for you. I may be mistaken, but I think you might have been the rookie explaining how forums work, and how people need to toughen up or you home. That's great advice, might I offer the same to you. You my dear hot head, are a light weight.
0 Replies