Ray Rice:Discussing domestic violence

glitterbag

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 03:48 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Well, we can take a reasonable inference
that she sought to provoke him to anger
by spitting in his face. I suspect that it worked.

Well, I have never spit on anyone. Mainly because it seems base. However, it never occurred to me that someone could get cold cocked in response. I suppose I was too distracted by her head bouncing off the elevator bar to notice she spit on or at him.
Buttermilk

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 04:03 pm
@glitterbag,
No fear doesn't have to be an issue to chin check a female
Buttermilk

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 04:10 pm
@glitterbag,
It's obvious you never lived in the inner city where crip and blood females or "ratchets" call you out your name, challenge you, use knives and guns. In the inner city calling cops on a woman or walking away gets you labeled a coward. Hitting a woman is no better but I trip out on females who bully men he knocks fire from her ass then she threatens to get someone. I've seen that all my life. You feminists that never lived in Compton wouldn't know nothing
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 04:29 pm
@Buttermilk,
Quote:
Well I support the NFL's stance on domestic violence

What stand as it keep changing first they gave him two games off and stated that in the future repeat in the future it would be a six games suspension for a first offense and a indeterminate suspension for a second offense.

With Rice they move the suspension from two games to indeterminate in one jump so once more what damn policy???????????????
BillRM

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 04:49 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
However, it never occurred to me that someone could get cold cocked in response.

I would not suggest that in a middle of a heated fight you risk spitting in the eyes of a man when he is under the influence of heavy drinking.

It only take a momentary lost of control by him for you to end up being cold cocked.

My lovely ex-wife try to provoked me into hitting her by slapping me any number of times however luckily for both of us I had no alcohol in my blood and my self control held with out a problem.

Frankly I think that they both acted very badly that night but ending the man career over it is crazy.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 05:29 pm
Quote:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/chris-brown-advice-ray-rice-article-1.1937851

In wake of Rice's scandal, Rihanna, who was abused by Brown, had her song pulled from the opening of Thursday night's NFL broadcast of the Ravens-Steelers game.

How strange as a society are we becoming removing a victim of abuse from an NFL broadcast.

Why because she still have a relationship of some kind with Brown?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 05:42 pm
@BillRM,
R u or your mom going to the NRA Banquet ?

It is a week from tonight.

David
One Eyed Mind

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 05:48 pm
I am enjoying much of how people can think more about someone's career instead of a woman's experience.

It really shows how many men have chose businesses' psychopathy over the essence of humanity.

Ray Rice showed no constraint. Hit her twice. Then dragged her out like she was a rag doll, with no sympathy involved. There's nothing else that needs to be said about Ray Rice - the intentions are very clear. What ever happens to him, is his own undoing and the public's emotional infancy should have no say for professional decisions. The public is known to cry about anything simply to cry.
BillRM

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 05:50 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
R u or your mom going to the NRA Banquet ?

It is a week from tonight.

Sorry we can not do that right now but thanks for asking.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 05:54 pm
@BillRM,
U and she r welcome !
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 06:29 pm
@Buttermilk,
Buttermilk wrote:

No fear doesn't have to be an issue to chin check a female

Oh, so there other equally other great reasons? By the way, you don't know what my life experience has been. I can tell you I learned very early not to argue with a drunk. I learned that when I was married to my first husband. I also learned about gun shots, also while married to my first husband. I'll give you this, kids in the inner city and lily white suburbia have much more thrown at them than I did growing up. By virtue of being much older than your cocky ass self, I had the good luck to be raised in a neighborhood where drugs were non-existent, adults didn't get drunk every night and terrorize their families. And you were expected to go to school, do your homework and not sass your mother.

So forgive me for being born during a time and place you simply can't comprehend and somehow thinks adds up to pampered. History simply means my mother and father grew up during the depression, my Dad spent 6 years in the Army, enlisting prior to the war breaking out. My fathers childhood reads like a Charles Dickens novel, but the Army showed him a different way, exposure to wonderful and horrific situations. When his generation came home after the war, they took advantage of the GI bill for education and VA backed loans to buy homes. They raised their children in hopes they would have a better life.

You are also right that I don't know anything about Compton, girls getting into fights was something that just didn't happen. If you truly have the background you claim, it's no wonder you are so angry, crude and self-pitying. I'm happy I didn't have that experience, and I'm also happy I have a grown son and husband who both gasped when they saw the Ray Rice video. Maybe that's your reality, guns, vulgarity, having no trouble seeing women get punched for being pushy. It's also the aspiration of many young wanna be thugs. Sounds like heaven to me.

If you have become desensitized to such violence and even understand it, mores the pity. I can only hope younger generations will aspire to something more than getting tats, street cred, and violence.

I raised my children, they have jobs and don't beat their wives. But holy ****, that's what everybody should be doing, that's practically the bottom of the barrel starting point for a successful life. So, you raise your children in a way you think they can have a good life and take care of themselves. Well, if you ever willing to pull that stick out of your butt, and get rid of that chip on your shoulder, maybe you will be successful.

Raise your expectations, don't revel in how hard it was for you or other children growing up in a violent era. That's something you are supposed to rise above, not have dewey eyed memories of, oh well my childhood was much tougher than yours. That's not aspiring to achieve, that's self-pity and envy of anyone you 'suspect' might have had it easier than you. You have two choices, try to improve your circumstances OR blame everyone else for your dismal choices. Just own it, grow up and be responsible for Christ's sake?

One Eyed Mind

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 06:41 pm
@glitterbag,
Well said.

You covered the nature of this man and showed him a world beyond this dark social life they live in with such a beautiful tone that wasn't angry or blind, but very well-stated.

(P.S I am not stalking you.)
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 06:44 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
Quote:
I am enjoying much of how people can think more about someone's career instead of a woman's experience.

It really shows how many men have chose businesses' psychopathy over the essence of humanity.

You mean the woman who married him after this had happen and who been publicly very bitter over her husband losing his career?

Seems off hand it is people like you who do not respect the wishes of the woman involved and are taking great self-righteous pleasure in harming not only Mr. Rice but his wife and child as well.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 06:47 pm
@BillRM,
The only one who is harming anyone is Ray Rice.

All things lead to the head, do they not? Ray Rice is the head - he resorted to his primitive roots and lost the power and center point from where he stands. Everything which revolves around him will suffer, not because of the professional decision of his people, but because of the unprofessional decision he made himself, then showing zero compromise after he did what he did. When a man punches a woman like that, then treats her like a rag doll, he is not a man, but a child abusing the body of a man! He cannot sustain himself, nor can he sustain a family or a career.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 06:48 pm
@BillRM,
Bill, Ray Rice is responsible for cocking up his life, his wife and child's life.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 06:50 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
I can tell you I learned very early not to argue with a drunk.
I learned that when I was married to my first husband.
We all have our individual experiences of life.
Thay don t all match. In my youth, we liked to argue
and we did it all the time. I argued with my friends. I argued with my dad.
I argued with my mom. I argued with my uncles. I argued with my teachers.
We did not stop, when we were drinking.
It was all fun; mileage may vary.

glitterbag wrote:
I also learned about gun shots,
also while married to my first husband.
We were fairly well armed,
but not married (except that my relatives were married).
glitterbag

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 07:00 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

glitterbag wrote:
I can tell you I learned very early not to argue with a drunk.
I learned that when I was married to my first husband.
We all have our individual experiences of life.
Thay don t all match. In my youth, we liked to argue
and we did it all the time. I argued with my friends. I argued with my dad.
I argued with my mom. I argued with my uncles. I argued with my teachers.
We did not stop, when we were drinking.
It was all fun; mileage may vary.

glitterbag wrote:
I also learned about gun shots,
also while married to my first husband.
We were fairly well armed,
but not married.

Well my clan is Irish, all we do is argue and gesture wildly. Let me guess, none of your friends ever put a gun to someone's head and chambered a round, because they didn't like was was being served for dinner? They didn't, did they? You think I'm clairvoyant? No, just managed to live a fairly good life, and to get rid of people who were toxic.
BillRM

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 07:26 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Bill, Ray Rice is responsible for cocking up his life, his wife and child's life.

Bullshit and I mean Bullshit it is the need and the drive to be PC over such matters no matter how must harm it end up doing to the victim and innocents that is turning this momentary lost of control into a career ending event.

Ray and his wife both acted badly for a few seconds out of a relationship that span a decade or so and likely to last many more decades.

Here is Mr. Rice wife statement to you and others like you and the news media that enable you.

Quote:
Janay Rice posted the statement on her Instagram account just before 8 a.m. Tuesday, defending her husband and attacking the media for making them “relive a moment in our lives that we regret everyday.”

“To take something away from the man I love that he has worked his ass off for all his life just to gain ratings is a horrific (sic),” Janay Rice wrote.

“If your intentions were to hurt us, embarrass us, make us feel alone, take all happiness away, you’ve succeeded on so many levels,” she continued.

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 07:33 pm
Ray Rice and any other guy who thinks to prove his macho-hood through physical violence can rot in hell as far as I am concerned. Have you seen his wife's body language when she was with him in front of the press conference?

She showed the typical battered wife syndrome and let me tell you something else. Anyone who is this violent as we've seen in that elevator scene, has not done it the first time either. I despise SOB's like this
and I sincerely hope, his career is over and we'll see him soon at McDonald's handing out hamburgers. I just wish his wife had the guts to leave
this SOB behind.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 07:38 pm
@BillRM,
Do you actually believe people don't lie?

She's lying (hell, it may not even be her). Body language tells every truth her quivering mouth dares not speak in fear of a brutal assault.