Ray Rice:Discussing domestic violence

BillRM

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 07:44 pm
@CalamityJane,
Quote:
She showed the typical battered wife syndrome and let me tell you something else. Anyone who is this violent as we've seen in that elevator scene, has not done it the first time either. I despise SOB's like this

You do not know that an given that she had no fear in provoking him in the manner that she did, in the elevator, it seems very very unlikely that he is a ongoing abuser.

In fact when she came to her first comment was how could you do that I am the mother of your child, A statement by itself that would not fit into him being an ongoing abuser.
hilltop80

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 07:48 pm
@BillRM,
Instinct tells you to strike back when someone punches you in the face and then comes charging at you for seconds. You don't have to necessarily think something out or fear something specific because instinct mandates that one defend their face.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 07:51 pm
@BillRM,
Bill, you can throw all the smoke screen in the world, but it does not change the fact that the man you're defending made this decision based on his own childish behavior. Punched her not once, but twice - instead of realizing what he did, he dragged her around like a rag doll.

Nothing you say will change that fact. The man screwed up - this is not our business. He should not have done that when he was manning a career and a family. A man like that deserves neither, nor does he deserve your foolish sympathy towards a job over a woman who is clearly in trouble. All you can think about is the money - are you insane?
BillRM

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 07:51 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
Quote:
She's lying (hell, it may not even be her). Body language tells every truth her quivering mouth dares not speak in fear of a brutal assault.

Right she lying and she is so in fear of him that she went ahead and married him afterward.

Women are fearful children that need people like you protection whether they wish for that protection or not.

Footnote my bet off hand that the news media had been digging as hard as they can to get someone to tell them that he is an abuser and so far no such reports had been publish.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 07:53 pm
@BillRM,
You clearly don't know women, do you?

You shouldn't even be in this discussion - you know nothing of females and the attributes that explain why they don't run from danger when they know they should.

Stockholm Syndrome is a coined term to explain what women are doing. And it's not because it's a good thing - it's a mental issue.

Plenty of women stay in abusive relationships with their child and finances on the line. Women would rather suffer, than to live poor.
BillRM

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 08:01 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
Quote:
Nothing you say will change that fact. The man screwed up - this is not our business. He should not have done that when he was manning a career and a family. A man like that deserves neither, nor does he deserve your foolish sympathy towards a job over a woman who is clearly in trouble. All you can think about is the money - are you insane?

You are taking away millions not just from the "evil' man but the woman and their child for what is likely a momentary lack of judgement on both Ray and his now wife part.

There has been no reports to date that he had a history of abused and knowing the news media there is zero likelihood that anyone who know them had not been interview by reporters along with any other women he might had dated in his life.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 08:05 pm
@BillRM,
No, Ray Rice made a wrong decision. He is getting what is coming to him. Just because all that money is there, does not mean he can do what ever he wants. He will lose what he earned, if he cannot sustain himself.

There is a history of him beating his wife already - people already knew. Chris Rock mentioned that Ray Rice wasn't in trouble because he beat his wife; he got in trouble because of a video of him beating his wife, which means the people he works for now has a bad image.

You don't even know about the history because you don't know what you're talking about. All you care about is the money he is making - but you do not care about the path he is taking, how he beats his wife. Think about the child they're having, do you want another psychopath on the streets because they got beaten by their father and had to live in fear? Do you? Do you have any room for humanity left in that smoke screen?
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 08:07 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
Sorry all the women that had been in my life had not been children but fully adult women so I do not view women as children as you do.

By the way if you are right about women being children maybe we made an error in giving them the vote and the right to run their own affairs with out a male guardian.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 08:09 pm
@BillRM,
Why are you calling women children?

Are you saying a woman that would rather live their life away from their abusive husband as poor, instead of living their life with an abusive husband as rich, is being a child?

Do you hear your own words? They aren't husband and wife - a husband does not treat their wife like a rag doll. The man is an animal - animals cannot be married.
BillRM

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 08:23 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
Quote:
Do you hear your own words? They aren't husband and wife - a husband does not treat their wife like a rag doll. The man is an animal - animals cannot be married.

LOL by that logic she is not a woman as a woman would never spit into the eyes of her boyfriend when they was having an argument.

That night they both repeat both acted badly and the results was sadly that the man who lost control for a few seconds and harm his future wife.

My bet is that both of them was under the influence of alcohol at the time.

Quote:
Why are you calling women children?

Very funny as you are the one claiming that women are poor defenseless victims of men and even their public statements should be disregarded.

One Eyed Mind

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 08:29 pm
@BillRM,
I did not know our actions had any relevance to our gender, Bill. Do tell us more about your misrepresentation of "male" and "female".

The man has been beating his wife before the elevator event that night. You do not know that, because you wouldn't be making this falsifiable argument you're making if you actually were educated on this topic.

By telling you that women need help when they are in a abusive relationship is not calling them children, as there are forces beyond children, women and men that render us helpless. Therein does not have anything to do with being children.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 08:33 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
I can tell you I learned very early not to argue with a drunk.
I learned that when I was married to my first husband.
OmSigDAVID wrote:
We all have our individual experiences of life.
Thay don t all match. In my youth, we liked to argue
and we did it all the time. I argued with my friends. I argued with my dad.
I argued with my mom. I argued with my uncles. I argued with my teachers.
We did not stop, when we were drinking.
It was all fun; mileage may vary.

glitterbag wrote:
I also learned about gun shots,
also while married to my first husband.
We were fairly well armed,
but not married.
glitterbag wrote:

Well my clan is Irish, all we do is argue and gesture wildly. Let me guess, none of your friends ever put a gun to someone's head and chambered a round, because they didn't like was was being served for dinner?
They didn't, did they?
Yes; thay did not.
Adequate planning was devoted to meals beforehand.

David
glitterbag

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 08:49 pm
@hilltop80,
When my oldest nephew was four , he was angry because I pick up a juice box that he had forgotten about and put it in the refrigerator. He noticed and came running into the kitchen and just kept jumping and making grunt noises. Since I'm 36 years older than my nephew, I'm supposed to be an adult and help train my baby nephew to be well behaved. So, I patiently asked him what he wanted, he would only grunt and grab, I tried again 'what do you want, Brian, just tell me, please use words' he continued to grunt and grab. I told him that I couldn't understand him, and began to place it in the fridge. He kicked me hard in the ankle so hard it bruised me, so I grabbed his outstretched arm and gave him a quick smack on the thigh. He paused half a mo then began to let out a wail, my brother trotted in an addressed me sternly. "Is there a problem in here?" I snapped, NOT ANY MORE, he kicked me in the ankle and I smacked his butt.

Brother wasn't happy, but in consideration of the remarks on this thread I must admit, I under reacted. Since the 4 year old kicked me first, survival mode should have kicked in, I suppose I should have body slammed his 45 pound little body against the wall.

However, my correction stuck with him, he's 24 and treats me with the kind of respect you would expect from a nephew. He's not afraid of me, he doesn't beat woman, he learned a little bit about decent behaviour. I doled out a measured response, in other words, I'm a better man than Ray Rice.

0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 09:02 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
Quote:
The man has been beating his wife before the elevator event that night. You do not know that, because you wouldn't be making this falsifiable argument you're making if you actually were educated on this topic.

An you know that how?????

As I said there is no question that reporters had been digging into the man past in details and so far no old girlfriends or anyone else had come forward with tales of his past abuses.

To say nothing of his now wife not fearing to spited into his eyes that night something one would not think she would had done if she knew he would hit her nor does it make sense if this was not the first time for her to ask him how he coul hit the mother of his child.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 09:04 pm
@OmSigDAVID,

[/quote]
glitterbag wrote:

Well my clan is Irish, all we do is argue and gesture wildly. Let me guess, none of your friends ever put a gun to someone's head and chambered a round, because they didn't like was was being served for dinner?
They didn't, did they?
Yes; thay did not.
Adequate planning was devoted to meals beforehand.
David
[/quote]

Good advice.
0 Replies

One Eyed Mind

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 09:10 pm
@BillRM,
Are you kidding me? Even my father knew about Ray Rice's history of the wife's abuse. It's not news - he's been doing it for some time. It's only a big deal now because he was fired by his profession officials.

One can react in fear in a way one would act without fear.

The wisest words you'll ever hear in your life, Bill.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 09:31 pm
@CalamityJane,
I'm with you Jane, Ray Rice is not a man, he's a brute.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 09:35 pm
@glitterbag,
But on the bright side, he might have a chance to counsel troubled youth.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 09:44 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
The man has been beating his wife before the elevator event that night.
You do not know that, because you wouldn't be making this falsifiable
argument you're making if you actually were educated on this topic.
BillRM wrote:
An you know that how?????

As I said there is no question that reporters had been digging into
the man past in details and so far no old girlfriends or anyone else
had come forward with tales of his past abuses.

To say nothing of his now wife not fearing to spit into his eyes
that night something one would not think she would had done if she
knew he would hit her nor does it make sense if this was not the first
time for her to ask him how he coul hit the mother of his child.
Bill brings out a good point.

David
One Eyed Mind

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 09:53 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Bill, the guy who worries more about a man's job than a man's actions, is making a point?
0 Replies