I saw a white man with a gun. I heard a policeman saying, "Place the weapon down on the ground, ple

FBM

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2014 03:49 pm
@giujohn,
So you're saying a dozen fully armed police officers with tasers that can reach out to 35' have no chance against a guy with a small knife who is running away from them. I don't think those guys need to be in uniform, then. You still haven't addressed the fact that the killer stated his intent well before even arriving on the scene, the fact that he resorted to deadly force as a first resort before others used non-lethal force, the fact that he was lying on the ground dying when they unleashed the dog on him, etc etc. No way lethal force was required and the fact that they did nothing whatsoever to try to save his life show that this was a carefully planned and organized extermination of a mentally ill person for the heinous crime of camping out. That is not law enforcement. This is licensed murder.
FBM

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2014 03:52 pm
@giujohn,
"noones"?

Well, you certainly do seem to be keeping your eyes on your prize: a police state that values absolute power and obedience over civil liberties and human rights. Good luck with that, Mein Führer.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2014 05:28 pm
@FBM,
Quote:
So you're saying a dozen fully armed police officers with tasers that can reach out to 35' have no chance against a guy with a small knife who is running away from them. I don't think those guys need to be in uniform, then. You still haven't addressed the fact that the killer stated his intent well before even arriving on the scene, the fact that he resorted to deadly force as a first resort before others used non-lethal force, the fact that he was lying on the ground dying when they unleashed the dog on him, etc etc. No way lethal force was required and the fact that they did nothing whatsoever to try to save his life show that this was a carefully planned and organized extermination of a mentally ill person for the heinous crime of camping out. That is not law enforcement. This is licensed murder.

Man you really are an idiot. The Taser does not reach out to 35", and the dumb ass had 2 knives. They did use non leathal force first and joking around saying you're going to shoot someone in the penis with a bean bag is not conspiracy to commit murder, you ******* dumb ass.
FBM

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2014 05:47 pm
@giujohn,
Heehee. You're cute when you're angry. You still don't have a point about why it's necessary for a dozen fully armed men to kill someone who's running away from them. If he were still alive, I'm sure he'd be happier with a Taser to the back instead of a shotgun blast. Organized execution. As plain as day.

And again:
Quote:
There are a number of cartridges designated by range, with the maximum at 35 feet (10.6 m).[16]

http://www.taser.com/products/law-enforcement/taser-cartridges
giujohn

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2014 08:07 pm
@FBM,
Shotgun blast??? What bullshit. It was a bean bag dumb ass. Hey Taser expert, have you ever even seen one up close???

I SWEAR IF IT WAS RAINING SOUP YOU'D BE OUTSIDE WITH A ******* FORK

Boyd was arguing with police for more three hours last Sunday in the foothills after officers went to talk to him about illegally camping in open space.

During Friday’s press conference, Chief Eden released video of the moment when officers first contacted Boyd. When one officer went to frisk Boyd, the homeless camper could then be heard refusing to comply, saying he was a government agent. The video shows Boyd continued to refuse officer commands and began threatening their lives.

“I’m almost going to kill you right now. Don’t give me another directive. Don’t attempt to give me, the Department of Defense, another directive,” said Boyd at the beginning of the incident.

As the hours passed, Chief Eden said an APD Crisis Intervention Team officer and a State Police liaison were called to the scene. Both attempted to speak with Boyd, however, Chief Eden says Boyd continued to threaten officers with death. Police also discovered that Boyd had a violent 20-year criminal history that included multiple incidents of violence against officers. Boyd’s history also showed years of mental health related concerns.

Video shows when officers moved in on Boyd around 7:30 p.m on the night of the shooting. At the beginning of incident, Boyd can be heard saying, “In a private world, if you were down at a bar or a bus stop, I would have the right to kill you right now because you’re trying to take me over. Don’t get stupid with me!”

But your hero here, FBM, would have been able to take this guy all by his lonsome with a stun gun and a pair handcuffs Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Youe creibility in this forum is in the crapper
FBM

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2014 08:27 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Shotgun blast??? What bullshit. It was a bean bag dumb ass.

My bad. It was rifles, and it was two cops doing the shooting. You think they killed him with bean bags? Please pay attention.

Quote:
Youe creibility

Yes, let's discuss "creibility." At least I'm not under the illusion that posting insults in large, bolded, colored font makes my arguments stronger. "Youe" apparently under that illusion. Cool

The guy was a head case, but he was a serious threat to nobody on that day, at the moment that they decided executing him was easier than hauling their fat asses up that hill to get within tasering range, which can be up to 35'. They started with a flash-bang and went straight to lethal force, saving the bean bag rounds until he was already down and bleeding to death. Then they let the dog chew on him for good measure. Two pocket knives are nothing against a dozen trained officers in full military gear.
giujohn

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2014 08:45 pm
@FBM,
He is a violent felon. Anyone who theatens to kill the police and is armed AND has a history of doing so CAN NOT be allowed to go without being arrested. The threat was to the public and other police officers if he was allowed to leave. If it takes deadly force to arrest him, so be it. (It was his decission not to comply) That is the Supreme Court decission in Gardner v Tennesee. Dont like the law? Go complain to your representatives.
Oh adn BTW, cn u figure ths 01 out...FMB isafukin duesh bag. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
FBM

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2014 08:53 pm
@giujohn,
You still haven't demonstrated a logical reason for those officers on that day, at that time to fear for their lives. One guy, two pocket knives. A gaggle of officers in full military regalia and weaponry, plus a number of non-lethal options. Only one person was in danger that day, and now he's dead. Killed by the cop who promised to kill him before he even arrived at the scene. State-sanctioned execution of the disenfranchised. It's here, apparently.
giujohn

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2014 09:16 pm
@FBM,
The only thing being demonstrated is your stupidity. And you can stop trying to perpetuate the lie of 12 in full military gear...I count 6: one is unarmed, one is in civies, and one in regular police uniform, DUMBASS.
FBM

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2014 09:26 pm
@giujohn,
I'm pretty sure there were more off-camera. Anyway, you still have nothing to back up your claim that any of the police were in real danger. That being the case, it was state-sanction execution. A symptom of an encroaching police state, maybe. I hope you find your common sense and sense of human decency soon. It must suck for the people around you.
giujohn

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2014 09:35 pm
@FBM,
You're pretty sure huh? YOU DONT KNOW ****. Thats you're problem, you make it up as you go along. And I have the law to back me up. I dont have to "claim" anything...just state the facts. READ THE LAW. But do it slowly, cuz I've noticed your comprehension problem. (probably move your lips too)
What a brain donor.
FBM

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2014 09:37 pm
@giujohn,
Still can't show that they were in danger, eh? Didn't think so. You can't, because they weren't.
giujohn

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2014 10:25 am
@FBM,
And you still haven't read the law.
giujohn

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2014 11:50 am
FBM WROTE:
I'm trying to make sense of how the US got to this point.

HOW THE U.S. GOT TO THIS POINT

In late October, 1966, Huey P. Newton and Bobby Seale founded the Black Panther Party.

"The Revolution has come, it's time to pick up the gun. Off the pigs!", helped create the Panthers' reputation as a violent organization.

On October 28, 1967 Oakland police officer John Frey was shot to death in an altercation with Huey P. Newton during a traffic stop.

On April 7, 1968, seventeen-year-old Panther national treasurer Bobby Hutton was killed, and Eldridge Cleaver, Black Panther Party Minister of Information, was wounded in a shootout with the Oakland police. Two police officers were also shot. Although at the time the BPP claimed that the police had ambushed them, several party members later admitted that Cleaver had led the Panther group on a deliberate ambush of the police officers, provoking the shoot out.

An influx of college students joined the group, which had consisted chiefly of "brothers off the block." This created some tension in the group.

Some members were more interested in supporting the Panthers social programs, while others wanted to maintain their "street mentality".
Significant disagreements among the Party's leaders over how to confront ideological differences led to a split within the party. Certain members felt the Black Panthers should participate in local government and social services, while others encouraged constant conflict with the police. For some of the Party's supporters, the separations among political action, criminal activity, social services, access to power, and grass-roots identity became confusing and contradictory as the Panthers' political momentum was bogged down in the criminal justice system. These (and other) disagreements led to a split.

Some Panther leaders, such as Huey Newton and David Hilliard, favored a focus on community service coupled with self-defense; others, such as Eldridge Cleaver, embraced a more confrontational strategy. Eldridge Cleaver deepened the schism in the party when he publicly criticized the Party for adopting a "reformist" rather than "revolutionary" agenda and called for Hilliard's removal. Cleaver was expelled from the Central Committee but went on to lead a splinter group, the Black Liberation Army, which had previously existed as an underground paramilitary wing of the Party

spring, 1970—the Oakland BPP engages in another ambush of police officers with guns and fragmentation bombs. Two officers are wounded.

In response to the death of Black Panther members Fred Hampton and Mark Clark in December, 1969 during a police raid, on May 21, 1970 the Weather Underground issued a "Declaration of War" against the United States government, using for the first time its new name, the "Weather Underground Organization" (WUO), adopting fake identities, and pursuing covert activities only. These initially included preparations for a bombing of a U.S. military non-commissioned officers' dance at Fort Dix, New Jersey in what Brian Flanagan said had been intended to be "the most horrific hit the United States government had ever suffered on its territory.

"If you’ve been watching cable news, reading Hollywood celebrities’ tweets, and listening to race-hustling opportunists, you might think that every police officer in America has a finger on the trigger, hunting for any excuse to gun down defenseless youths.

This hysterical nonsense must be stopped.

The Cirque du Cop-Bashing, with Al Sharpton as ringmaster, is working overtime to exploit the deadly incident in Ferguson, Mo. That means stoking anti–law enforcement fires at all costs.

Are there bad cops? Yes. Does the police state go overboard sometimes? Yes. Do the demagogues decrying systemic racism and braying about “assassinations” know what happened when teenager Mike Brown was tragically shot and killed last week? No.

Here’s a reality check. While narcissistic liberal journalists and college kids are all posting “hands up” selfies in hipster solidarity with Ferguson protesters, it’s law-enforcement officers who risk their lives in “war zones” every day across the country.

The National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund (NLEOMF) reports that a total of 1,501 law-enforcement officers died in the line of duty during the past ten years, an average of one death every 58 hours, or 150 per year. These include local and state police officers, federal officers, correctional officers, and military law-enforcement officers.

Fact: Last year, 100 law-enforcement officers were killed. On average, over the past decade, there have been 58,261 assaults against law enforcement each year, resulting in 15,658 injuries.

Fact: New York City has lost more officers in the line of duty than any other department, with 697 deaths. Texas has lost 1,675 officers, more than any other state.

Just this week, NLEOMF released preliminary fatality statistics from August 2013 to August 2014. Total fatalities are up 14 percent, from 63 last year to 72 this year. “Five officers were killed in ambushes, which continue to be a major threat to law enforcement safety,” the group notes."

Police use of force is rare. Data gathered by the Bureau of Justices Statistics in 2008, shows less than 2% of the 40 million people who had contact with police reported the use of force or threatened use of force.

Between 1945 and 1967 annual U.S. police deaths hovered around 15o. In 1965 138 deaths were reported. That jumped to 161 in 66 and 191 in 67. By 1970 that number surpassed 200 and stayed that way until the mid 80s. The number was reduced in no small part by new training standards and tactics called, "The Officer Safety Program" Furthermore, after the disasterous police response to the Texas Tower shooting and growing civil unrest, SWAT teams were established to deal with especially dangerous situations.
Also, it was after this time that college campuses and airports formed their own police agencies.

The mentality to challenge police at every opportunity by members of the black community continues today spurred on by by the liberal press and people like Sharpton and others. This results in more shootings and the death of more blacks. IT KEEPS THE" REVERANDS" IN BUSINESS.
parados

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2014 02:12 pm
@giujohn,
What a lovely racist screed guijohn. It's those damn blacks that caused the police to arm themselves. If only they would stop being so uppity we wouldn't have this problem. Rolling Eyes

Police use of force may be rare at less than 2% of the 40 million encounters but that would make police killed in an encounter exceedingly rare at less than .00125%.
FBM

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2014 07:25 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

And you still haven't read the law.

There's a big difference between an action being legal and it being justified or right or humane. The cops weren't in danger of anything except breaking a sweat humping their fat asses up the slope. It was execution out of laziness, egotism, arrogance and disregard for the lives of the people they're sworn to serve and protect.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2014 07:25 pm
@parados,
I'm glad he's finally outed himself as a racist. Now maybe some sincere dialog can happen.
giujohn

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2014 02:50 pm
@parados,
Quote:
What a lovely racist screed guijohn.

So I'm a racist because I'm quoting history??? You liberal assholes slay me.
giujohn

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2014 02:55 pm
@FBM,
Quote:
I'm glad he's finally outed himself as a racist. Now maybe some sincere dialog can happen.

So where is the righteous indignation for all the balcks being killed by other blacks??? Lets call your posts for what they really are...a diatribe to foster violence against police by blacks to increase black deaths...are ya on Sharptons payroll lackey?
parados

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2014 04:10 pm
@giujohn,
You seem to think only blacks were involved in the 60s and the only people to worry about today are black. That isn't history. That is a racist slant on history and current events.