I saw a white man with a gun. I heard a policeman saying, "Place the weapon down on the ground, ple

giujohn

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2014 03:36 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
Why haven't you?

Before you post, you should READ back to others postings...and you would find that I DID
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2014 03:38 pm
@FBM,
Quote:

Thank you for that

You're thanking him for being wrong...yeah, that would fit your twisted sense of right and wrong, I guess.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2014 03:42 pm
@FBM,
Quote:
police corruption by Frank Serpico

Uh...yeah, another "expert"? An embittered ex cop who ahsnt been on the job since 1972...way to be relevant!
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2014 04:00 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
The police need to be de-militarized and reminded of what there jobs actually are, to protect and serve, not pummel and execute.

How nice. So let me ask you...after you take away the special weapons and tactics from police and give them six shooter,s who exactly will respond to groups like F.E.A.R. ,who had spent $87,000 of their $500,000 fund, (the life insurance on one of their victims) on an arsenal of military weapons, equipment, and ammo in their effort to over throw government? BTW, FYI these individuals were active duty U. S. military.
FBM

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2014 05:57 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Moment-in-Time wrote:

...Yet, not all abnormal posters preside in a mental ward; some mentally challenged remain in the home, often with parents and their computer; one realize these posters possess a problem by their strange unorthodox views.

Yep, and some of them even manage to have jobs, even wear badges and carry guns. Scary, innit?

The one thing fora like this one have evolved is the Ignore button, which I chose a few days ago to use on people like this goojohn character. Life is too short to spend it having this sort of person yelling irrational nonsense at you all the time. It was an interesting study for a while, but now it's just redundant and boring. The kicker for me was when s/he/it stubbornly ignored the fact that the UN and the US's UN Ambassador all agreed that there was a problem, but s/he/it persists in claiming to know more and better than all those experts. There's something wonky going on with that one, but his/her/its personality problems aren't mine, so that's that.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2014 06:00 pm
@FBM,
I've had goojohn on Ignore for quite a while now; and I'm 100% sure I've not missed anything. Mr. Green
FBM

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2014 06:03 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

I've had goojohn on Ignore for quite a while now; and I'm 100% sure I've not missed anything. Mr. Green

You've probably got more experience with him. I was curious to see how far the train had left the track, and boy, I don't think it has seen the track for quite some time. Anyway, train wreck seen, time to move on. Wink
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2014 06:39 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Quote:
The police need to be de-militarized and reminded of what there jobs actually are, to protect and serve, not pummel and execute.

How nice. So let me ask you...after you take away the special weapons and tactics from police and give them six shooter,s who exactly will respond to groups like F.E.A.R. ,who had spent $87,000 of their $500,000 fund, (the life insurance on one of their victims) on an arsenal of military weapons, equipment, and ammo in their effort to over throw government? BTW, FYI these individuals were active duty U. S. military.

The same people that serve bench warrants now? That's what seems to be happening now.

The solution to your problem is the FBI. The Federal Police Force. That way we don't have local young guns carrying around more fire power then they need and we won't have idiots knocking in the wrong doors because they have no idea what address they are supposed to be at. Instead, local cops will handle local issues because they know the local people. They will go and walk a beat and get to know they people they serve and protect. They will have brightly colored cars like they do in Europe so people can obviously see them instead of black stealth cars designed to catch innocent people.

I feel fortunate that the cops in my town are easy going and we don't have tanks and are not super-soldiers playing cops.
giujohn

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2014 08:42 pm
@McGentrix,
So I take it you are able to access that black and white world of Pleasantville with your magic remeote through your TV?

YOU'RE LIVING IN A FANTSY WORLD IF YOU BELIVE THAT.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2014 08:47 pm
@FBM,
Quote:
Ignore button, which I chose a few days ago to use on people like this

I can only hope...but I doubt it. You're too much the troll not to respond.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2014 08:48 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
I've had goojohn on Ignore for quite a while now; and I'm 100% sure I've not missed anything.

The only thing you're missing is active brain cells.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2014 08:49 pm
Just posted this in another, unrelated thread, but it seems to fit in here quite well, too: http://scientiasalon.wordpress.com/2014/10/28/the-varieties-of-denialism/

Quote:
The varieties of denialism
on OCTOBER 28, 2014

I have just come back from a stimulating conference at Clark University about “Manufacturing Denial,” which brought together scholars from wildly divergent disciplines — from genocide studies to political science to philosophy — to explore the idea that “denialism” may be a sufficiently coherent phenomenon underlying the willful disregard of factual evidence by ideologically motivated groups or individuals.

Let me clarify at the outset that we are not talking just about cognitive biases here. This isn’t a question of the human tendency to pay more attention to evidence supporting one’s view while attempting to ignore contrary evidence. Nor are we talking about our ability as intelligent beings to rationalize the discrepancy between what we want to believe and what the world is like. All of those and more affect pretty much all human beings, and can be accounted for and at the least partially dealt with in the course of normal discussions about whatever it is we disagree about.

Rather, the Oxford defines a denialist as “a person who refuses to admit the truth of a concept or proposition that is supported by the majority of scientific or historical evidence,” which represents a whole different level of cognitive bias or rationalization. Think of it as bias on steroids.
giujohn

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2014 08:55 pm
@FBM,
OK, now everyone who believes that the FAT BALD MAN has me on ignore, please stand on your head!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2014 08:58 pm
@cicerone imposter,
He was the reason I abandoned this thread. He totally derailed my original intent with that kind of hard ass ignorance.
giujohn

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2014 10:17 pm
@edgarblythe,
Wow...what a cry baby!

If by derailed he means I have held these cop hating racisists feet to the fire...GUILTY!!!!
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2014 07:42 am
@giujohn,
And which of those members of F.E.A.R required special weapons and tactics from local police when they were arrested?
giujohn

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2014 06:07 pm
@parados,
Quote:
And which of those members of F.E.A.R required special weapons and tactics from local police when they were arrested?

So...your reasoning is, because this time these nuts were caught before they initiated an armed action we dont need any Swat Teams??? Yeah that certainly makes sense. Kinda like if they catch the burgalr in my neighborhood before he breaks into my house I can cancell my alarm company contract Drunk
parados

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2014 10:04 pm
@giujohn,
Your reasoning was because we didn't need SWAT to arrest them then we should have SWAT. I only pointed that out.
giujohn

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2014 10:13 pm
@parados,
GIUJOHN WROTE:
Quote:
...who exactly will respond to groups like F.E.A.R. ...

No sir...I was asking who would respond to groups LIKE FEAR when they started using their automatic weapons on local government. Is your reading comprehension that bad?
parados

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2014 10:25 pm
@giujohn,
Groups LIKE FEAR are arrested without them using their automatic weapons. In the case of some of those associated with FEAR they were arrested by Federal agents not locals. It may be some of them even turned themselves in after indictment.