I saw a white man with a gun. I heard a policeman saying, "Place the weapon down on the ground, ple

revelette2

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2014 08:13 am
@FBM,
I hope this case gets some national attention. Surely people will see the total injustice in this police man loosing his job.
FBM

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2014 02:17 pm
@revelette2,
I hope so, too, revelette. "To serve and protect"? Who are they serving or protecting in cases like this one?
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2014 02:34 pm
Another anecdote, not to be confused with statistics, but it shows how the police think and act when they think nobody else is listening. Seems to be a subculture now:

giujohn

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2014 03:35 pm
@revelette2,
Quote:
Surely people will see the total injustice in this police man loosing his job.

I agree, it would be an injustice if the cop lost his job...but not to worry, he wont. He did everything by bthe book.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2014 03:56 pm
@FBM,
Quote:
Another anecdote, not to be confused with statistics, but it shows how the police think and act when they think nobody else is listening. Seems to be a subculture now:

This video should be shown to any police officer in training. WHY? Because the officers did it all by the book. THEY DIDNT DO ANYTHING WRONG. The offender basically committed suicide by cop. He had a knife in each hand, was non-compliant, assummed an aggressive posture and was within the saftey zone for edged weapons. Also, the police knew that this video would be reviewed so I dont get this crap about, " it shows how the police think and act when they think nobody else is listening" But then these posts are not about facts they are posted to inflame opinion against police.
FBM

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2014 06:09 pm
@giujohn,
Right. You and a dozen others have automatic rifles and bullet-proof vests, and you're so scared of a guy with a 3" blade that you shoot him in the back while he's running away. Because you were in fear of your life? Get real. Then turn the dog on him while he's lying there bleeding to death. Then, after you're sure he's dead, step on his body and handcuff him. That was an extermination of a human being that the cops regarded as vermin.

Oh, and by the way, turns out we get to listen after all:

Quote:
UPDATE (9/29, 5:25 p.m.): The Albuquerque Police Department questioned Monday whether Officer Sandy said he would shoot Boyd "in the penis with a shotgun," or if he would shoot him "with a Taser shotgun."
APD also released a single page from the New Mexico State Police report on the shooting, which details a follow-up interview with state police Sgt. Chris Ware, who said he "doesn't remember" what was said that day, but that he "believes" he said "Taser shotgun."
APD did not provide KOB the complete report the statement was pulled from.
ORIGINAL (9/28, 10 p.m.): Two hours before Albuquerque Police Officer Keith Sandy shot and killed homeless camper James Boyd, he was recorded telling another officer that he would shoot Boyd in the penis with a shotgun.
Sandy responded to the scene on March 16th where Boyd refused to come down from a makeshift campsite in the foothills near Tramway and Copper. At the scene, Sandy saw former colleague State Police Officer Chris Ware. Sandy didn’t realize it, but Ware’s dash cam was rolling and picked up their conversation.
Sandy: What do they have you guys doing here?
Ware: I don't know. The guy asked for state police.
Sandy: Who asked?
Ware: I don't know.
Sandy: For this f***ing lunatic? I'm going to shoot him in the penis with a shotgun here in a second.
Ware: You got uh less-lethal?
Sandy: I got...
Ware: The Taser shotgun?
Sandy: Yeah.

Video and audio at link: http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S3573906.shtml?cat=504#.VCnzG_mSzpw

FBM

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2014 06:30 pm
More behind-the-scenes thoughts of a cop:

0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2014 07:22 pm
@FBM,
Quote:
Then turn the dog on him while he's lying there bleeding to death. Then, after you're sure he's dead, step on his body and handcuff him.

I heard the offender still talking after he was shot. But YOU in your infinate wisdom by watching a video knew exactly when he died right? The officers ON SCENE dont have your clairvoyant abilities. He's a threat until he isnt. It doesnt have anything to do with whether is heart aint beating anymore. Its when he secured.
YOU ALWAYS CUFF THE OFFENDER EVEN IF HE IS SHOT. SOP.

Now lets hear from YOU. What would you have done to put this man in custody? You're pretty good at Monday moening QB ing. Why dont you put up or shut up? What did you think the offender was going to do when he armed himself with two knives...prepare a snack for the police? GET REAL.

Oh and by the way did any police officer shoot the offender in the penis? No? The cop expressed a little gallows humor by saying he would hit him with the bean bag in the balls...BIG ******* DEAL.
FBM

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2014 07:49 pm
@giujohn,
I would have overcome my laziness and humped my big, fat, donut-eating ass up a hill rather than shoot a guy in the back. I would have tased the guy, disarmed him and cuffed him. He would still be alive today. The cop in the recording had violence, up to the point of murder, on his mind before he even arrived on the scene. And when he got there, he did exactly what he set out to do. Or he would have if the guy hadn't turned to run. So he wound up shooting him in the back instead of the dick. I guess the cop was disappointed at that. Yet again, cops resorted to lethal means as a first resort, not a last, and killed someone who posed them no credible harm.
FBM

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2014 08:04 pm
And they don't seem to want people to see or hear what they actually do:

0 Replies

FBM

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2014 08:12 pm
The stories come in faster than I can post them. Another example of the taxpayers footing the bill for gestapo tactics:
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_26614491/denver-jury-awards-1-9-million-family-excessive

Quote:
Denver jury awards $1.8 million to family in wrongful prosecution case
By Kirk Mitchell
The Denver Post
POSTED: 09/26/2014 05:58:09 PM MDT24 COMMENTS| UPDATED: ABOUT 22 HOURS AGO

A Denver jury on Friday awarded $1.8 million to a family after a wrongful prosecution case in which police officers executed a warrantless raid on a home previously occupied by drug dealers and prostitutes.
At 11:10 p.m. Jan. 27, 2009, four Denver policemen pounded on the front door of 1263 Stuart St., where Daniel Martinez Jr. and three sons were living.

The lawsuit accused the officers of trumping up false charges against the Martinez family by "fabrication of inculpatory evidence" and "perjurious testimony" to prosecutors, the lawsuit filed in federal court in 2011 says.

"Defendant officers were motivated by an improper purpose to punish plaintiffs in an effort to divert attention from their own misconduct and to insulate themselves from civil liability," the lawsuit originally filed by Lane and Qusair Mohamedbhai said.

Mohamedbhai said the jury award — if upheld through any appeals — eventually could total about $3 million in pre-judgment interest and attorney's fees.

A special unit called the Special Crime Attack Team-2 performed so-called "knock and talks" at homes where drugs were sold. Two prostitutes had told police two wanted felons known as the "Solario brothers" had been running a brothel and selling narcotics at the home. But they had been evicted a month earlier.

In planning for the raid, officers had failed to check calls for service to the home, and if they had, they would have learned that officers had twice gone to the home on calls, including the same morning of the raid, and reported the Martinez family was then occupying the home, the lawsuit said.

The officers never discussed getting a warrant or even whether they should. At 11:10 p.m., a sergeant and four police officers approached the home through a gate with a large sign that said "Martinez family."

Sgt. Robert Motyka "was able to see inside the home, yet failed to alert any of his fellow officers that the home contained not prostitutes and drug dealers, but a family watching television."

Denver police Officer Jason Valdez, who later acknowledged seeing but disregarding the sign, pounded on the front door and yelled "Open the damn door right now!" the lawsuit says. When Daniel Martinez opened the door a crack, three Denver police officers rushed into the home without invitation.

Two feet inside the home, Valdez grabbed 16-year-old Jonathon Martinez and shoved his head through a window next to the front door, the lawsuit says.

"Valdez then dragged the diminutive teenager outside, heaved him onto the sidewalk, shoved his knee into Jonathan's back, handcuffed him and, finally, flipped him over and punched him in the stomach," according to the lawsuit, which says none of the family resisted arrest.

Officer Robert Martinez pushed Daniel Martinez Jr. into a sofa and put him in handcuffs. Police Sgt. Robert Motyka was the third to enter the home. He punched Nathan Martinez in the face, lifting him off his feet, the lawsuit said. He staggered back and fell on the same sofa.

Officer Bryce Jackson put Daniel Martinez III in a choke hold, dragged him outside and "violently body slammed" him into the snow-covered concrete and put him in handcuffs.

All four were ordered to show their Social Security cards to prove they were not illegal immigrants.

The officers arrested the four, charging Daniel Martinez Jr. with interference with a police officer and his three sons with misdemeanor assault.

At trial, in January 2010, a jury found Nathan Martinez and Daniel Martinez III not guilty of the charge against them.

The Denver district attorney later dropped charges against Daniel Martinez Jr. and Jonathan Martinez.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2014 09:30 pm
@FBM,
Quote:
I would have tased the guy, disarmed him and cuffed him.

You wouldnt last a week on the street especially in Alba Q-Q. YOU"D BE DEAD. I started my Law Enforcement Career there and coincidently my first chase ended up in that very area.
You dont use a taser on an armed assailent. It is not 100%. In order to use it you have to be WITHIN the safe distance for edged weapons. At best it's a 50/50 proposition. And you only have one chance, then hes on you with two knives. Did you know that a bullet resistant vest wont stop a knife? (you need a special vest like those in prisons, and they are very bulky and hot). You're such a putz. Not only are you clairvoyant now you read minds.
Quote:
The cop in the recording had violence, up to the point of murder, on his mind before he even arrived on the scene

You dont know **** and you dont know waht the cop was thinking.

FBM

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2014 09:57 pm
@giujohn,
1) He told us what he was thinking.

2)
Quote:
The Taser fires two small dart-like electrodes, which stay connected to the main unit by conductive wire as they are propelled by small compressed nitrogen charges.[15][16] The air cartridge contains a pair of electrodes and propellant for a single shot and is replaced after each use. There are a number of cartridges designated by range, with the maximum at 35 feet (10.6 m).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taser

3)
Quote:
It uses electrical current to disrupt voluntary control of muscles causing "neuromuscular incapacitation".

How long did that guy's arms look to you? How many cops were there with Tasers? He was going to kill them all with 3~4" blades before a single one of them could cause him neuromuscular incapacitation? Seriously. And since they had non-lethal shotgun rounds, why did they start with lethal rounds and use the bean bag rounds afterwards? That's ass-backwards. The cop in the audio recording had one plan and one plan only. That comes from his own mouth.
FBM

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2014 10:15 pm
It's all becoming clear now...

Quote:
METRO NEWS BRIEFS: CONNECTICUT; Judge Rules That Police Can Bar High I.Q. Scores

A Federal judge has dismissed a lawsuit by a man who was barred from the New London police force because he scored too high on an intelligence test.

In a ruling made public on Tuesday, Judge Peter C. Dorsey of the United States District Court in New Haven agreed that the plaintiff, Robert Jordan, was denied an opportunity to interview for a police job because of his high test scores. But he said that that did not mean Mr. Jordan was a victim of discrimination.

Judge Dorsey ruled that Mr. Jordan was not denied equal protection because the city of New London applied the same standard to everyone: anyone who scored too high was rejected.

Mr. Jordan, 48, who has a bachelor's degree in literature and is an officer with the State Department of Corrections, said he was considering an appeal. ''I was eliminated on the basis of my intellectual makeup,'' he said. ''It's the same as discrimination on the basis of gender or religion or race.''

http://www.nytimes.com/1999/09/09/nyregion/metro-news-briefs-connecticut-judge-rules-that-police-can-bar-high-iq-scores.html

Derp.
0 Replies

Buttermilk

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2014 03:28 am
@FBM,
When I saw that video I was disgusted...Total lack of care for a human life.
FBM

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2014 03:38 am
@Buttermilk,
Yep. It's shocking that such a mentality has taken such a deep root among the very people who pretend they're protecting and serving us. It's one thing when a single cop turns bad, but when they're planning and doing it in organized groups, and it's sanctioned by their leaders, we're in deep doo-doo as a society, seems.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2014 03:58 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQgNrnWZVSI[/youtube]

This guy. Very cool.
giujohn

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2014 02:45 pm
@FBM,
Amazing!!! You go to wikipedia and now your in addition to being a mind reader you're a tactical taser expert. Ever trained with one? Ever been shot with one? (I didnt think so) I have. It's part of my training. There is no non leathal force available today that cant be over come.
Now heres a REAL WORLD assessment of the Taser like weaopn done by COPS. (the red highlight is mine)

Defeating the Taser in Combat

I want to preface this article by acknowledging that I am uncomfortable in discussing the following tactics in an open forum, where potential criminals can access them. Realizing that criminals are already sharing their own tactics for defeating the Taser, I decided to go ahead and publish this article. I hope you find it helpful.

With Taser’s being sold to civilians and the potential of an officer having his Taser taken from him, it is only a matter of time before an officer is assaulted by a suspect with a Taser. Having taken a hit, I would feel completely justified in drawing my weapon and shooting a suspect threatening me with a Taser, but my first priority must be avoiding getting hit by the Taser while drawing my gun. Taser’s are extremely effective and can cause complete incapacitation, so what if anything can an officer do to fight back?

A moving target is hard to hit. Moving straight towards or away from the threat gives the appearance that you are standing still and makes you relatively easy to hit. If you can move laterally from the threat, you will be much harder to hit.
Know the effective range of the weapon. The law enforcement model, Taser X-26, has a maximum effective range of 25 feet and fires a 5-second cycle, while the civilian model, Taser C2, has a maximum effective range of 15 feet and fires a 30-second cycle. If you can position yourself outside the effective range of the weapon, you can avoid being hit.
Full incapacitation versus localized pain. If you are ambushed by a suspect armed with a Taser at close range and you do not have time to move far enough back to avoid the reach of the weapon, remember that the smaller the spread of the two prongs, the fewer muscle groups are disrupted. As a last option, you can move quickly towards the threat to limit the spread of the prongs. You must be prepared to control the suspect’s Taser to prevent a drive stun, while you neutralize the threat.
Face the threat. If you are hit, you need to concentrate on breaking the wires or removing a probe with your hand before you fall to the ground. You will have limited ability to move your arms, so focus on making a sweeping motion with your lower arm and rip the wires away from your body. This would be extremely hard to do if you are shot in the back by the probes. National Geographic has an excellent series called “Fight Science”. A recent episode featured former Navy Seal, Chris Caracci, attempting to defeat the Taser. Caracci had previously been exposed to the Taser, so he knew exactly what to expect. In this experiment, Caracci takes a few minutes to mentally prepare himself before taking the hit. In real life, you are going to be pumped full of adrenaline and you will not need to get psyched up.
Ride the lightning in a training environment. If you have never taken a voluntary exposure with the Taser, then good luck. As you try to deal with this new sensation, your OODA loop is going to be violently disrupted. While having been exposed before is no guarantee of success, it does give you a better understanding of what to expect and can give you a slight edge. Surviving an ambush situation is all about playing the odds and setting them in your favor as much as possible. If you know what to expect, you will be better prepared mentally to deal with the situation.
Above all else, adopt a survival mindset. Know that you will not die and refuse to lose the engagement. Even if you are incapacitated by the Taser, be prepared to continue fighting as soon as you regain the physical ability to do it.
Quote:
why did they start with lethal rounds and use the bean bag rounds afterwards
They did start with non leathal force first...apparently you werent watching...they hit him with a flash/bang/stun grenade...and you saw how unaffective that was. He upped the anty by arming himself.

YOU DO NOT MEET DEALY FORCE WITH NON LEATHAL FORCE. If you do, sooner or later your luck will run out and you're DEAD.

The better quetion is, "Why didnt the offender comply with the police? You absolve the offender from all culpability but ultimately when a cop points a gun at you and orders you to the ground if you pull 2 knives YOU'RE A DUMB ASS and have to accept the consequences of your stupidity.
giujohn

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2014 02:47 pm
@Buttermilk,
Quote:
When I saw that video I was disgusted...Total lack of care for a human life.

I agree...that offender had no regard for his life or the police officers. Glad we see eye to eye!
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2014 03:25 pm
@FBM,
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB4QtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DBQgNrnWZVSI&ei=ORwrVKjBLYasyQS20YGYBg&usg=AFQjCNFDBUZM-s73pvoVrj4xw4c-lTAw6A

This guy is cool...very cool and noones dummy.
Problem is he will be veiewed as an "Uncle Tom", an "Oreo" and a traitor to the "cause" by members of the black community, who's livelihood depends on keeping the hatred alive.

He is right when he said that doing the samething over and over again and expecting different results. Thats the ultimate definition of crazy.

Know what the black community forgot? They forgot to do what Dr. king asked them to do...keep your eyes on the prize.