I saw a white man with a gun. I heard a policeman saying, "Place the weapon down on the ground, ple

FBM

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2014 07:58 pm
@giujohn,
Yeah, the cops needed to get right on that body before the bullet wounds moved. As for other contamination, I'm sure there would have been plenty of that from the hospital staff's attempts to save him. Much more than anything his step-father would have left behind. There is no justification for the use of violence on a grieving parent who is trying to pray beside his dead child. You're just shifting the goalpost away from the fact that the father was never a threat to anyone, much less the police. He got tased and slammed for not instantly obeying, despite being obviously in an understandably distraught state.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2014 08:04 pm
@giujohn,
Quote:
you dont get to exercise your rights any time or place you choose. There are limits.

Yes, we do. If the limits are met, they are no longer rights. As long as they're rights, we can do them whenever and wherever we choose. That's why the US isn't North Korea.
giujohn

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2014 09:05 pm
@FBM,
Quote:
Yes, we do. If the limits are met, they are no longer rights. As long as they're rights, we can do them whenever and wherever we choose. That's why the US isn't North Korea.

DING DING DING DING
You just won the prize for the most absolute assine statement of the night.

Apparently you are also an idiot when it comes to constitutional law. You do NOT repeat NOThave the right to exercise your rights with impunity. Try exercising your right of free speech by yelling fire in a crowded theatre. Try exercising your rights on private property where the owner says you cant. Tell your Sgt. in the Army you aint cutting your hair. Try owning an atomic weapon while exercising your 2nd Ammendment right. Try any of this and you will be propmtly and correctly ARRESETED. Your rights are exercised only to the point where they dont interfere with someone elses rights. Now pay close attention FBM...NO RIGHT IS ABSOLUTE Have you ever read the Federalist Papers? Do you even know what the founding fathers were trying to accomplish?
ARE YOU HAVING A ******* BRAIN HEMORRHAGE????
FBM

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2014 09:19 pm
@giujohn,
What did I say about limits? You do not have a constitutional right to yell fire in a crowded theater. You aren't being prevented from exercising a right; you never had that right in the first place. What part of "inalienable" escapes you?

Atomic weapons aren't firearms, and you voluntarily sign a pledge to follow the rules when you voluntarily join the armed forces. You aren't being forcefully deprived of any right in any of the ridiculous examples you listed.
FBM

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2014 09:25 pm
One thing I do know is that writing in all caps, large, colored font and including a lot of exclamation points and ad hom insults don't enhance the strength, truth value or validity of my argument. http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/facepalm.gif
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2014 09:27 pm
Interesting excerpt from the Federalist Papers:

It has been frequently remarked, that it seems to have been reserved to the people of this country, by their conduct and example, to decide the important question, whether societies of men are really capable or not, of establishing good government from reflection and choice, or whether they are forever destined to depend, for their political constitutions, on accident and force.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2014 09:28 pm
@giujohn,
By the way, have you found a place in that vid where the guy who got tased was a physical threat to the cops or anyone else? Hmm?
parados

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2014 08:16 am
@giujohn,
First of all 2000 is after 1995.

Second, you are the one claiming streets are no gun zones.

Third, you have provided on evidence that any of the venues posted 30.06 signs. Until you provide such evidence it would be legal to carry in those venues.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2014 08:21 am
@FBM,
On most of this stuff, I have little add, but just on the face of it, it did seem excessive for that guy to be tased (spell?)merely for praying over his step son. It seems like the police in some places just simply have no compassion or even common sense.
parados

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2014 08:32 am
@giujohn,
Let's look at some of the places you claimed were "gun free zones".

Quote:
Private Property near Meteor, Wisconsin
On November 21, 2004, at 12:00 p.m., Chai Soua Vang, 36, armed with a rifle, began
shooting at hunters in a wooded area outside of Meteor, Wisconsin, after the hunters found
him on their private land. Six people were killed; two were wounded. The shooter was
apprehended by police

So, it was illegal for those people to carry guns on land they owned? Perhaps you can provide the Wisconsin statute that says that.

Quote:
Residence, Latah County Courthouse, and First Presbyterian Church
On May 19, 2007, around 11:00 p.m., Jason Kenneth Hamilton, 36, armed with two rifles,
began shooting outside the Latah County Courthouse in Moscow, Idaho, killing one police
officer and wounding two people, including another police officer. He then fled to the First
Presbyterian Church across the street and continued shooting, killing a citizen and wounding
two people, including another police officer. Before driving to the courthouse, he had fatally
shot his wife in their residence. A total of three people were killed; three were wounded. The
shooter committed suicide after police arrived.

Quote:
U.S. Army Recruiting Center
On June 1, 2009, at 10:19 a.m., Carlos Leon Bledsoe, aka Adbulhakim Mujahid Muhammad,
23, armed with two rifles and a handgun, drove up and began firing on soldiers outside the
U.S. Army Recruiting Center in North Little Rock, Arkansas. One person was killed; one
was wounded. The shooter was apprehended by police

Quote:
Multiple Locations in Owosso, Michigan
On September 11, 2009, at 7:20 a.m., Harlan James Drake, 33, armed with three hand
-
guns, shot at people at two locations in Owosso, Michigan. He shot a protestor on the
street and then drove to a gravel quarry
, where he killed another person. Two people were
killed; no one was wounded. The shooter surrendered to police a few hours later and was
taken into custody
revelette2

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2014 09:09 am
@parados,
Guess it pays to research first.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2014 09:36 am
@parados,
Other places guijohn claims are "gun free zones"

Quote:
Gainesville, Florida
On October 4, 2010, at 4:00 p.m., Clifford Louis Miller Jr., 24, armed with a handgun, began
shooting as he drove around Gainesville, Florida. One person—his father—was killed; five
were wounded. The shooter committed suicide in a friend’s driveway 13 minutes after the
shooting began

Quote:
Streets of Tulsa, Oklahoma
On April 6, 2012, at 1:03 a.m., Jacob Carl England, 19, and Alvin Lee Watts, 32, each armed
with a handgun, began shooting as they drove around the streets of Tulsa, Oklahoma. Three
people were killed; two were wounded. The shooters were arrested by police the next day.

Quote:
rankstown Township, Pennsylvania
On December 21, 2012, at 8:59 a.m., Jeffrey Lee Michael, 44, armed with two handguns,
began shooting at citizens as he drove around Frankstown Township, Pennsylvania. Three
people were killed; three police officers were wounded. The shooter was killed by police.

Quote:
Brady, Texas and Jacksonville, North Carolina
On May 26, 2013, at 4:30 a.m., Esteban Jimenez Smith, 23, armed with a rifle and a handgun, began shooting from a moving vehicle as he drove down a road in Brady, Texas. He
had earlier fatally shot his wife in Jacksonville, North Carolina. Two people were killed,
including his wife; five were wounded, including one police offic
er. The shooter was killed by police

Quote:
Hialeah Apartment Building
On July 26, 2013, at 6:30 p.m., Pedro Alberto Vargas, 42, set his apartment complex on fire
in Hialeah, Florida. Then, armed with a handgun, he began shooting outside the complex. Six
people were killed; no one was wounded. The shooter barricaded himself and two hostages
inside the apartment building. He was killed by police.

Quote:
Lake Butler, Florida
On August 24, 2013, at 9:20 a.m., Hubert Allen Jr., 72, armed with a rifle and a shotgun, began shooting at his co-workers from Pritchett Trucking, Inc., as he drove around Lake Butler,
Florida.
He then returned home, where he committed suicide. Two people were killed; two
were wounded.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2014 10:56 am
@FBM,
Are you sure about that? If one is a male of a minority background between 16 and 35, one might think different. The US has a higher % of it population in prison than NK, particularly if you compare the rate NK in prison with the rate black males in prison.
giujohn

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2014 02:14 pm
@FBM,
FBM: I do owe you an apology. I re-read your gramtically fractured and convoluted statement a little closer and it appears you are agreeing with me. (holy crap!) And yes I am not always gramitically correct but jeesh, that one was pretty twisted.

As for the instance in the video where the officers were at potential risk, I have already addressed it. You view these things with a jaundiced eye. I am trained differently. If I see an officer who has violated proceedure, I will point it out. The officers followed their training. There was no malice afore thought or criminal intent. Therefor there is no reason to castigate them.
FBM

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2014 05:54 pm
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

On most of this stuff, I have little add, but just on the face of it, it did seem excessive for that guy to be tased (spell?)merely for praying over his step son. It seems like the police in some places just simply have no compassion or even common sense.

Seems that way, doesn't it? Several of the articles and videos I've found talk about the police adopting the "overwhelming force" mentality of the military. Sure, in some instances it may be necessary, but that would be the exception, not the rule. In so many of these cases, the police have taken the attitude that a citizen must immediately obey anything they say or be beaten into submission. Common sense and basic respect for human life too often take a back seat to their need to assert their power, seems.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2014 05:57 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Are you sure about that? If one is a male of a minority background between 16 and 35, one might think different. The US has a higher % of it population in prison than NK, particularly if you compare the rate NK in prison with the rate black males in prison.

Well, you do have a point, but most Americans, including minorities, can still move around the country more freely than the average NK citizen. The difference between the two countries isn't as great as I'd like it to be, though.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2014 06:00 pm
@giujohn,
It's ver batim from the Federalist papers. Rule by force is what its authors feared and what the police seem to be increasingly in favor of.

You didn't specify how that parent put anyone, officer or otherwise, at risk. He never adopted an aggressive posture. He simply tried to stay beside his dead child, resisting an inhumane attempt to rip him away in the middle of his prayer.
FBM

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2014 06:15 pm
Here's something that I hope is an isolated incident, but fear that's not:

‘Good Cop’ Could Go to Jail After Reporting Misconduct in His Department

“They heard me get shot. They heard me scream for assistance. They were just two blocks away – but they were fifteen minutes from the end of their shift, and they went back to the station instead of coming to my aid.”

“I can’t get killed for this job,” observed one of Adam Basford’s former colleagues in the Yakima Police Department, explaining why he had refused to come to Basford’s aid during a hand-to-hand struggle with an armed suspect. “I thought we were going to get killed, so I had to leave you there.”

That officer was one of three who were in a position to help on August 18, 2013 when Basford attempted to arrest Antonio Cardenas, a recently paroled felon who was suspected of aggravated assault with a firearm. Concerned over the safety of bystanders, including a young girl, Officer Basford didn’t pull his gun. He found himself grappling with a younger ex-convict who was several inches taller and at least sixty pounds heavier, while every other available nearby officer found something better to do.

Basford was able to subdue the suspect without killing him or risking the lives of people in the neighborhood. Rather than receiving a commendation, Basford is now off the force and facing criminal charges – not for taking down an armed, violent felon without using lethal force, but for filing a misconduct complaint against an erstwhile colleague.

Basford, an Air Force veteran who regarded himself to be a peace officer rather than a law enforcer, had patrolled a violent neighborhood riven with gang-related violence. On many occasions prior to August 18, he had called for backup, only to find – as he did that night – that no help was forthcoming. This wasn’t just because Basford’s fellow officers were afraid, but because he had violated the unwritten but binding rules of police solidarity by speaking out against routine misconduct and abuse within the department.

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/good-cop-jail-reporting-misconduct-department/#2liKHdIGGojALWFj.99
giujohn

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2014 09:21 pm
@FBM,
Quote:
He never adopted an aggressive posture.

Once again, I did answer it. He is not complying with the officers instructions and is physically resisting the officer which can be clearly seen in the video at time ref. 1:15-1:20 and beyond. He is now commiting a crime. They affected the arrest utilizing necessary, approved proceedures in a proper manner and minimal force. This man will loose his law suit be cause he does not have standing.
FBM

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2014 10:00 pm
@giujohn,
He was trying to pray over his dead child. He never took an aggressive posture towards a cop or anyone else.

http://i1330.photobucket.com/albums/w561/hapkido1996/1908094_963773013639695_4840185319620041915_n_zps9f7cd353.jpg
0 Replies