I saw a white man with a gun. I heard a policeman saying, "Place the weapon down on the ground, ple

FBM

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 10:00 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
At least I'm not arguing against experts in a handful of national agencies and a dictionary. Laughing
One Eyed Mind

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 10:12 pm
@FBM,
I'm sorry, but if the "experts" aren't "wise men" - I don't give a damn about your "experts".
FBM

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 10:18 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
Yeah, I know. You "don't need data."
FBM

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 10:20 pm
Ready for some more rhetoric?

0 Replies

One Eyed Mind

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 10:22 pm
@FBM,
It's not data...

It's 2,500 cases out of 548937593407534 cases.

This is not evidence of global corruption - this is evidence of MINOR CORRUPTION.
FBM

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 10:24 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
Wow. I'm just shaking my head. You genuinely can't/don't see the self-contradiction in that. Wow.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 10:28 pm
@FBM,
It's not self-contradicting when one understands the entire point of your thread, which is to imply "racism" is in the system, when the MINORITY, is NOT THE SYSTEM.
FBM

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 10:33 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
You gave made-up data to demonstrate why my professional data isn't data. Laughing http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/eusa_clap.gif
One Eyed Mind

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 10:35 pm
@FBM,
It's not data, because it's based on only selected cases, while ignoring every other case, just so the data appears accurate to one's biased ideology.
FBM

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 10:39 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
Amazing. A man (presumably) who would argue with a dictionary. Priceless.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 10:42 pm
@FBM,
I don't use a book, unlike you.

I don't use already created pictures, videos and stories, unlike you.

I use a brain - and I LIVE IN THE MOMENT.
FBM

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 10:43 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
Yeah, thanks, but I'm just going to have to choose education. Flies live in the moment, too. Doesn't mean I want to be a fly.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 10:46 pm
@FBM,
What education? This is not education. This is suffocation - the brain "is"; knowledge "is". All these people and buildings that say they are for "knowledge", are nothing but establishments built on ego - ego is not "essence"; ego is a compensation of missing "essence".
FBM

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 10:47 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/ha.gif
One Eyed Mind

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 10:56 pm
@FBM,
It's funny. I don't have "data", and I DEFEND BETTER THAN YOU DO.

Wise men don't have "data", and LOOK AT THE THINGS THEY DO TO CHANGE THIS WORLD! They don't sit on their ass making up bullshit out of emotion and fear.
FBM

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 11:06 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
I can't find anything that you've posted that isn't made up, emotion-fueled rhetoric. At least I'm bringing in the work of professionals.

One Eyed Mind

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 11:09 pm
@FBM,
Like I said, I can pull up "DATA" and let **** hit the fan like you live for, but I am a better man, I use my brain, I listen to the wise men, I follow nature, not the industrial - I listen to the Universe, not your bullshit.
FBM

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 11:17 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
All you have to do is bring on the data you allege. I don't think you are capable of informed discussion.

One Eyed Mind

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 11:21 pm
@FBM,
It's not "data" - it's just bullshit. Anyone can copy and paste sources, videos, pictures, stories, graphs, you name it - and then say "this supports X", well you know WHAT **** FACE, IT DOES NOT SUPPORT REALITY, SO **** YOUR X.
FBM

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 11:25 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
Quote:
Paramilitary police
Cops or soldiers?

America’s police have become too militarised
Mar 22nd 2014 | ATLANTA |

FROM the way police entered the house—helmeted and masked, guns drawn and shields in front, knocking down the door with a battering ram and rushing inside—you might think they were raiding a den of armed criminals. In fact they were looking for $1,000-worth of clothes and electronics allegedly bought with a stolen credit card. They found none of these things, but arrested two people in the house on unrelated charges.

They narrowly avoided tragedy. On hearing intruders break in, the homeowner’s son, a disabled ex-serviceman, reached for his (legal) gun. Luckily, he heard the police announce themselves and holstered it; otherwise, “they probably would have shot me,” he says. His mother, Sally Prince, says she is now traumatised.
Peter Kraska, a professor at Eastern Kentucky University’s School of Justice Studies, estimates that SWAT teams were deployed about 3,000 times in 1980 but are now used around 50,000 times a year. Some cities use them for routine patrols in high-crime areas. Baltimore and Dallas have used them to break up poker games. In 2010 New Haven, Connecticut sent a SWAT team to a bar suspected of serving under-age drinkers. That same year heavily-armed police raided barber shops around Orlando, Florida; they said they were hunting for guns and drugs but ended up arresting 34 people for “barbering without a licence”. Maricopa County, Arizona sent a SWAT team into the living room of Jesus Llovera, who was suspected of organising cockfights. Police rolled a tank into Mr Llovera’s yard and killed more than 100 of his birds, as well as his dog. According to Mr Kraska, most SWAT deployments are not in response to violent, life-threatening crimes, but to serve drug-related warrants in private homes.

He estimates that 89% of police departments serving American cities with more than 50,000 people had SWAT teams in the late 1990s—almost double the level in the mid-1980s. By 2007 more than 80% of police departments in cities with between 25,000 and 50,000 people had them, up from 20% in the mid-1980s (there are around 18,000 state and local police agencies in America, compared with fewer than 100 in Britain).

The number of SWAT deployments soared even as violent crime fell...

Emphasis added. Full story here: http://www.economist.com/news/united-states/21599349-americas-police-have-become-too-militarised-cops-or-soldiers