I saw a white man with a gun. I heard a policeman saying, "Place the weapon down on the ground, ple

FBM

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 08:47 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
One Eyed Mind

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 08:52 pm
@FBM,
You know what you're doing?

You're taking one video and applying it to your out-of-context bullshit.

It's the same thing as religious people calling one plane that didn't kill anyone when it crashed a "miracle", after 564905427490534 other people died in other crashes.
FBM

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 08:55 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
I'm bringing data points. There are so many to choose from. Hundreds and hundreds. Feel free to bring your own.

One Eyed Mind

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 09:05 pm
@FBM,
No, you're just taking rare cases and trying to fit it into the whole picture, when there are 58345793407593405 other cases that don't reflect on your BULLSHIT so this is what it looks like:

|EMOTIONVIDEOEMOTIONEMOTIONPICTUREEMOTIONBULLSHIT|
|VIDEOEMOTIONEMOTIONFEAREMOTIONFEARMEMOTIONEMOTION|
|FEAREMOTIONFEAREMOTIONFEARFEARFEAREMOTIONBULLSHIT|

Keep on cherry-picking like the desperate fear-mongering fool that you are.
FBM

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 09:18 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
Quote:
Fallacy: Appeal to Ridicule

Also Known as: Appeal to Mockery, The Horse Laugh.

Description of Appeal to Ridicule

The Appeal to Ridicule is a fallacy in which ridicule or mockery is substituted for evidence in an "argument." This line of "reasoning" has the following form:

X, which is some form of ridicule is presented (typically directed at the claim).
Therefore claim C is false.
This sort of "reasoning" is fallacious because mocking a claim does not show that it is false. This is especially clear in the following example: "1+1=2! That's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard!"

It should be noted that showing that a claim is ridiculous through the use of legitimate methods (such as a non fallacious argument) can make it reasonable to reject the claim. One form of this line of reasoning is known as a "reductio ad absurdum" ("reducing to absurdity"). In this sort of argument, the idea is to show that a contradiction (a statement that must be false) or an absurd result follows from a claim. For example: "Bill claims that a member of a minority group cannot be a racist. However, this is absurd. Think about this: white males are a minority in the world. Given Bill's claim, it would follow that no white males could be racists. Hence, the Klan, Nazis, and white supremists are not racist organizations."

Since the claim that the Klan, Nazis, and white supremists are not racist organizations is clearly absurd, it can be concluded that the claim that a member of a minority cannot be a racist is false.

Examples of Appeal to Ridicule

"Sure my worthy opponent claims that we should lower tuition, but that is just laughable."
"Support the ERA? Sure, when the women start paying for the drinks! Hah! Hah!"
"Those wacky conservatives! They think a strong military is the key to peace!"

http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/appeal-to-ridicule.html
FBM

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 09:19 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
I would be happy if you would even make the effort to cherry-pick some data and bring it here. Then we could have a rational discussion about it.
FBM

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 09:22 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
Since you seem to favor rhetoric over reason, here's some rhetoric for you:

0 Replies

One Eyed Mind

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 09:22 pm
@FBM,
And your fallacies are:

APPEAL TO AUTHORITY

APPEAL TO EMOTION

APPEAL TO ONE CASE AND IGNORING EVERY OTHER CASE.

APPEAL TO FEAR.

APPEAL TO APPEALING THE UNAPPEALABLE.

APPEAL TO BULLSHIT.

APPEAL TO STORY.

APPEAL TO COMPARING APPLES AND ORANGES.

APPEAL TO NOT PEELING THE APPLE.

APPEAL TO LIES.

APPEAL TO TWISTING CONTEXT.

APPEAL TO "BUT MUH BELIEFS".

APPEAL TO NONSENSE.

APPEAL TO INSANITY.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 09:24 pm
@FBM,
You just stated right now that "cherry-picking" is a good thing.

You're not here for the truth - you're here because you're a hungry bitch that is in heat and doesn't know how to ******* get a life, so they sit on the internet living in a world of hate and fear, because they can't live a normal life.
FBM

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 09:25 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
And with all that fictitious babbling and empty, adolescent, emotive rhetoric, you still somehow expect people to believe you over the data compiled by numerous experts. Wow.
FBM

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 09:26 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
One Eyed Mind wrote:

You just stated right now that "cherry-picking" is a good thing.

You're not here for the truth - you're here because you're a hungry bitch that is in heat and doesn't know how to ******* get a life, so they sit on the internet living in a world of hate and fear, because they can't live a normal life.

I said "even," meaning that even cherry-picked data from you would be better than nothing but sneering, adolescent name-calling and fallacious attempts at reason that you've produced so far.
0 Replies

One Eyed Mind

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 09:27 pm
@FBM,
WHAT DATA.

THIS ISN'T DATA.

THIS IS YOU FEEDING ON SMALL CASES OF BAD EXPERIENCES BECAUSE YOU'RE A VULTURE THAT FEEDS OFF OF WHAT IS LEFT IN LIFE, INSTEAD OF DEALING WITH THE REAL ISSUES OF LIFE.

KEEP ON NIBBLING ON LIFE'S CARCASS YOU SICK ****.

KEEP ON IGNORING 5438578934534 CASES FOR ONLY TEN CASES THAT FIT YOUR IDEA OF REALITY.

KEEP ON CALLING THIS BULLSHIT DATA, WHEN IT'S NOT DATA - DATA IS NOT IN THE MINORITY YOU **** FACE TWAT ROCK.

FBM

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 09:28 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
You are genuinely amusing me now. Please don't stop. This is cheap entertainment. Laughing
One Eyed Mind

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 09:30 pm
@FBM,
I know, I am laughing right now. You're so far up your ass, that you don't even realize your backwards logic.

"Yeah man, 10 cases out of 54893579034705934 cases is data".

FBM

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 09:33 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/police-brutality-infographic.jpg
One Eyed Mind

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 09:37 pm
@FBM,
You're basing this off of 2,541 reports...

When there is 8,000,000,000 people in this ******* world?

2,541... compared to 8,000,000,000... 2500 is not 10,000; 10,000 is not 100,000; 100,000 is not 1,000,000; 1,000,000 is not 10,000,000; 10,000,000 is not 100,000,000; 100,000,000 is not 1,000,000,000; it takes EIGHT 1,000,000,000's to make 8,000,000,000...

And you spend your time on THIS? When this world has gone to hell in a hand basket with grenades in the disguise of easter eggs on a TIMER?
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 09:38 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
da·ta
ˈdatə,ˈdātə/Submit
noun
facts and statistics collected together for reference or analysis.
synonyms: facts, figures, statistics, details, particulars, specifics; More
COMPUTING
the quantities, characters, or symbols on which operations are performed by a computer, being stored and transmitted in the form of electrical signals and recorded on magnetic, optical, or mechanical recording media.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 09:39 pm
@FBM,
That's not data.

That's facetious hyperbole being broiled under a ******* rock in the middle of nowhere.
FBM

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 09:41 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
One Eyed Mind wrote:

That's not data.

That's facetious hyperbole being broiled under a ******* rock in the middle of nowhere.

Oh, the irony. Laughing
One Eyed Mind

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 09:43 pm
@FBM,
I consider EVERYTHING.

You consider 2,500 cases out of EVERYTHING.

I AM DOING IT RIGHT.

YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG.