During The American Revolutionary War, the state religion of Great Britain was Christianity?

oristarA

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2014 07:56 am
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:

This is about the silliest thread that I've read on A2K for a long time.

Most, if not all of it is utter bollocks.

Gives people a good chuckle though, if not taken too seriously.

So after you've sworn that "I'm pressing ignore after this post", you've sneaked back to break your own pledge here?

Are you not ashamed in doing so? Is your pledge or promise always so cheap that you yourself are ready to break it at any time? If so, what do you want us to believe?

Your behavior has already told us that your judgment is not worth a penny, whether you say it is silly or smart.
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2014 08:08 am
It seems that the Declaration of Independence upset Lordyaswas. That is why he comes here with no facts, no analysis or anything worthy but attack.
If he's sincere and thinks he's familar with and supportive of the Declaration, he'd have known we're humble to listen to his opinions. No, he's a liar. He doesn't have the gut to attack the Declaration. Instead, he attacks me to divert attention.
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2014 08:13 am
Lordyaswas dares not to show his own point, which is probably dark and dirty.
Show us if you think not, Lordyaswas.
oristarA

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2014 08:52 am
Sincerity or honesty is the fundamental base on which a correct conclusion can be drawn in the process of searching truth.

Pointing a finger at someone else and saying that he's silly while hiding your own view is very easy. Doing so can show off how smart you are. Yet you can fool no wise man. Because without contrast there can be no identification; every bean has its black; nothing is perfect.

So show us your point of view, Lordyaswas. Othewise, you may shut up and get lost!
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2014 09:03 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

You aren't guided and protected by God even if you are a citizen of the UK, a subject of HMQ? Arg, you are a citizen of the European Union - sh¡t Europe/EU!

You're quite right, Walter. We in the EU have one overriding god, and that is the god of rules and paperwork, his holiness the Great Rompuy in the sky.

Some may try to imitate him (Sven Goran the Erikkson) but there can be only one!

ALL HAIL THE ROMPUY!

0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2014 09:25 am
@oristarA,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

oristarA wrote:
Led by the biblical God, Great Britain lost the war.
U have EVIDENCE of this ?

Did the English allege
that thay were being led by God ?
oristarA wrote:
Didn't the kings and queens of Great Britain always pray that God
protect their country, their sovereignty?
Assuming that thay did:
there is no reason to believe that God offered them any military assistance.

oristarA wrote:
Isn't the military force of Great Britain an integrated part
of their country,
No, it is.

oristarA wrote:
their sovereignty - so the army must be protected and guided by God?
That is a non-sequitur, based upon the tacit implication
that all prayers are affirmatively granted.
Do u allege that God has affirmatively granted each prayer
that has been addressed to Him ?

oristarA wrote:
They are the supreme governor of Church of England, after all.
That does not give them authority over God.

U can found a church tomorrow, if u want to
and u can appoint yourself to be its Pope.
That will not enable u successfully to order God around.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2014 09:42 am
@oristarA,
I don t recommend
that u take Lordyaswas seriously.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2014 10:27 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

I don t recommend
that u take Lordyaswas seriously.

I don't recommend that anyone take anything in this thread seriously. Smile
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2014 10:40 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:
I don't recommend that anyone take anything in this thread seriously. Smile
Details in my responses are correct and can easily be checked ... well, by most - one person has more than a lot of difficulties to do so.

Besides that: I've taken the advice of that certain person and try to learn and improve my basic knowledge in history ...
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2014 09:19 pm
@oristarA,
oristarA wrote:
The avatar is sepulchral, isn't it?

As someone who plays Forsaken in World of Warcraft, I can testify that sometimes you don't have a choice whether you become undead or not. One day you can be an ordinary person fleeing the onslaught of a horrible plague, and the next you're a walking corpse gnawing on the brains of your neighbor.

So it isn't really fair to judge someone just because they happen to be undead.

Or, to put it another way: It's not how you become undead that counts, but rather how good you are at plotting the downfall of the living once you get there.

Dark Lady Watch Over You.

Quote:
Cubical-dwelling wage slave toiling in a high-tech low-rise.
oristarA wrote:
you will deny any American values and American ideals until you live in a big nice house (free of charge) rather than the current cubical one?

English ESL Grammar note:

His comment "cubicle-dwelling" was not about his residence, but rather about his place of work.

Many offices these days have a large common room that is subdivided into smaller rooms called cubicles by the use of flimsy temporary walls.

Cubicles are a poor substitute for a real office, but they are a cheap way for a business to provide a workspace for a large number of office workers.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2014 09:19 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
fission bombs and fusion bombs; the latter r nicer

Not necessarily nicer.

I presume you are referring to a supposed absence of fission products in the fallout.

However, most fusion weapons actually get most of their yield from fission. And since fusion weapons tend to be much more powerful, this can actually mean MORE fission products contained in the fallout.

It is possible to design a weapon to have a clean yield. But such designs are out of the ordinary.

It is said that the new tactical nukes that Mr. Obama is deploying across Europe have such a clean yield, but details about that remain sketchy.
oralloy

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2014 09:20 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
One Eyed Mind wrote:
Was 9/11 a result of a third world country starting with the twin towers, or was the twin tower incident a result of us already stepping on their land in pursuit of their oil?

It was the result of an enemy aggressor starting with an attack on us.

We were not on anyone's land uninvited, and have never taken anyone's oil by force.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2014 09:30 pm
@oralloy,
I had in mind a more effective yield over more territory.

We shud have taken oil from Iraq
as just reparations of war. We earned it.
oristarA

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2014 11:41 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

I don t recommend that u take Lordyaswas seriously.

His silence is an acquiescence to what I said about him.
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2014 11:51 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

oristarA wrote:

U can found a church tomorrow, if u want to and u can appoint yourself to be its Pope. That will not enable u successfully to order God around.

Of course NOT.

They dare not to order God, only implore God to help them win the war.

God is their greatest spiritual Master as long as they keep Christianity or whatsoever religion as their state religion - the root of their faith (they cannot be without faith!)

The kings and queens of Great Britain believe that their sovereign power is bestowed to them by God. So they have to be guided by the divine God! There is no alternative to this Spiritual Force.

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2014 12:53 am
@oristarA,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

oristarA wrote:

U can found a church tomorrow, if u want to and u can appoint yourself to be its Pope.

oristarA wrote:
Of course NOT.

God is their greatest spiritual Master as long as they keep Christianity or whatsoever religion as their state religion - the root of their faith (they cannot be without faith!)

The kings and queens of Great Britain believe that their sovereign power is bestowed to them by God.
So they have to be guided by the divine God! There is no alternative to this Spiritual Force.
Are u defining the Divine Will
as being whatever the King wants ??

Don t lose sight of the fact
that Christian kings have gone to war against one another; many times.
oristarA

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2014 09:00 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:

oristarA wrote:

U can found a church tomorrow, if u want to and u can appoint yourself to be its Pope.

oristarA wrote:
Of course NOT.

The kings and queens of Great Britain believe that their sovereign power is bestowed to them by God.
So they have to be guided by the divine God! There is no alternative to this Spiritual Force.
Are u defining the Divine Will
as being whatever the King wants ??

Don t lose sight of the fact
that Christian kings have gone to war against one another; many times.

That is exactly why I've quoted Jefferson earlier:"Christianity is the most perverted system that ever shone on man."

Am I defending the Divine Will of God?

The 1918 flu pandemic killed 50 to 100 million people around the world; 1958-1962 great famine killed 45 million people in China. The inaction of God reminds us of his negligence of divine duty to care for humankind. It gives us the clue that God is most likely non-existent.

Yet why religious people, including these kings and queens are so devoted to worship of God? One of hypotheses is that there is perhaps a religious module in our brain which makes you feel being fondly loved, well protected, divinely guided, and in your dedicated worshipping, leads to spiritual orgasm that is much lick sexual pleasure (see Saint Teresa of Avila).

The spiritual pleasure derived from God worshipping would have entrapped you in religion, whether you are common people, kings or queens.

George

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2014 09:33 am
Here is what Jefferson actually wrote:

Those who live by mystery & charlatanerie, fearing you would render them
useless by simplifying the Christian philosophy,– the most sublime &
benevolent, but most perverted system that ever shone on man,–
endeavored to crush your well-earnt & well-deserved fame.

Click on the above to read the entire "Letter to Joseph Priestly".
oristarA

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2014 10:31 am
@George,
Good catch.
Thank you.
George

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2014 11:13 am
@oristarA,
My pleasure.
0 Replies