During The American Revolutionary War, the state religion of Great Britain was Christianity?

Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2014 01:11 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Follow the link.

Just in case he can't find his reading glasses, Izzy.......

From the link in question: -

"In addition to having a role in the 'election' of English Kings, it is often held that the witenagemots had the power to depose an unpopular king. However, there are only two occasions where this probably happened, in 757 and 774 with the depositions of kings Sigeberht of Wessex and Alhred of Northumbria respectively."
izzythepush

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2014 01:13 am
@Lordyaswas,
You're a bit brighter and breezier than me. Still drinking coffee.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2014 01:13 am
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:
If the M25 is acting like London's main car park, t
Isn't it London's greatest car park? Shocked
Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2014 01:17 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Fascinating!

Do you have a copy or copies of all this documentation, Walt?

That is some family tree.

The furthest I've managed to get back is 1620 on my Paternal line (we're from Anglesey apparently) and the 1800's on the Maternal (Scotland and Lancashire).

Still digging though.
Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2014 01:19 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You're a bit brighter and breezier than me. Still drinking coffee.

Been up since 5am when the dog, for some reason, raced into the bedroom with his favourite squeaky toy.

The joys of dog ownership.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2014 01:28 am
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:
Do you have a copy or copies of all this documentation, Walt?
I've got a list from all documents from 1287 onwards. (Around 1920, someone seemed to have been very interested in family history.)
A few of these documents are stored in our state's archive ... but before around 1580 only very few survived.

I've got a scan on a cd of 1287 document somewhere ...
Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2014 01:38 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Lordyaswas wrote:
If the M25 is acting like London's main car park, t
Isn't it London's greatest car park? Shocked

You got it.

If I'm going to Heathrow to pick up a friend or relative, I never know how much time to allow. 20 mins or so sometimes, then stuck in a jam for an hour at other times.
Why oh why they only built a three lane each way, god only knows.
If they'd have spent a bit more and built a top quality five lane both ways, it would still be busy but at least flow occasionally.

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2014 01:44 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
I've got a scan on a cd of 1287 document somewhere ...
Tidy people are just too lazy to look for things ...

http://i61.tinypic.com/vhxb2e.jpg

These seals are from the vendor, Marienfeld Abbey (the third is missing)

http://i60.tinypic.com/2znxsew.jpghttp://i60.tinypic.com/2d6qk5v.jpg
Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2014 01:50 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Wow!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2014 03:38 am
@Lordyaswas,
When we drove to/from the airport (Stansted), it always was the same problem on the M11. So we now use the train. If it runs.
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2014 05:58 am
This thread has actually gotten interesting and informative.
Who'd a thunk it?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2014 05:58 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Follow the link.
Having followed the link,
I am now informed that it continued to the 11th Century, to 1066.
Its been a while, a few years since I read up on this,
but I vaguely recall that Bill 's bloodlines presented him
with a TERRIFIC hereditary claim on the throne (was it thru both his dad and his mom ?????)

The concept is inheriting real estate; not a new idea.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2014 06:21 am
@Lordyaswas,
izzythepush wrote:

Follow the link.

Lordyaswas wrote:

"In addition to having a role in the 'election' of English Kings,
it is often held [BY WHOM????] that the witenagemots had the power to depose an unpopular king.
However, there are only two occasions where this probably happened,
in 757 and 774 with the depositions of kings Sigeberht of Wessex and Alhred of Northumbria respectively."
Your link is cast in SPECULATIVE guesswork.

I can speculate on how much gold there in on Saturn.

David
izzythepush

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2014 08:39 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Historians, (who know a thing or two) do a lot of research and come to conclusions based on examining evidence. It's not just speculative guesswork. (That's what Ori is doing.)
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2014 12:15 pm
@izzythepush,
Historians .. is the keyword for this response.

Close to us is the tomb of Saint Ida. She lived about 788 to 825, and some have identified her as Redburga (Rædburh). Redburga supposedly married king Egbert of Wessex.

Could the British crown now claim the land around here, owned by Ida (aka Redburga) and the church and the convent she founded here?

[Actually and following what is widely accepted: Ida was a close relative to Charlemagne ... someone from sister over sister-in-law to niece/great niece of Charles Martel.]
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2014 01:57 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

izzythepush wrote:

Follow the link.

Lordyaswas wrote:

"In addition to having a role in the 'election' of English Kings,
it is often held [BY WHOM????] that the witenagemots had the power to depose an unpopular king.
However, there are only two occasions where this probably happened,
in 757 and 774 with the depositions of kings Sigeberht of Wessex and Alhred of Northumbria respectively."
Your link is cast in SPECULATIVE guesswork.

I can speculate on how much gold there in on Saturn.

David

You have to understand that our history goes waaaay back before the creation of Hollywood, Omsig.
I'm afraid we didn't have google or Reuters back then, and had to make do with any and every hint of written account available, however tenuous.
Those two Kings WERE deposed.
The Wittan WAS in existence at the time.

What do you want? A trip in the Tardis?

When all this stuff was going on, your 25th Great Grandpappy was PROBABLY just a spunkbubble.

This doesn't mean that you should doubt his existence though.
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2014 11:26 pm
My Internet service provider sucks, who mistakenly (wrongly?) disconneted my wire. That was during the National Day holidays. I just got it back on the right track.
0 Replies

carloslebaron

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2014 12:21 am
The British Crown is nothing but the continuation of the lost Kingdom of Judah. The kingship was taken out from Judah and was given to Joseph, who was the first born with the wife that Jacob really loved, Rachel).

The blessings (and curses) of Jacob to his sons, included the transfer of the firstborn rights from Simeon (today's France) to Joseph (thru his sons Ephraim and Manasseh)

As it was expected, the sacred "stone" of Jacob (the stones he used as a pillow when his dream of the ladder to heaven which became by "miracle" a single bigger stone called by him a Bethel) was also part of the anointing of the new kings in Judah. The new kings touched with their hand that "stone" as part of the ritual.

In the last invasion to Judah, the prophet Jeremiah with help of others, took the Ark of the Covenant, and the "stone" to a hidden place. Later, the migration to what is today England took place and in there the continuation of the "Crown" continued.

It is possible that Hitler had the feeling that the Ark of the Covenant and the "stone" were somewhere in England, and for this reason was his lunacy to bomb this island like crazy regardless of losing the war. (So, bye bye Indiana Jones, you were also looking for the Ark of the Covenant in the wrong land (Egypt). The book and movie of Indiana Jones were made in base of a pirate imitation of the Ark made in China)

The legend of "King Arthur" with the sword inserted in the "stone" is originated because the existence of this "stone" which must be used for the anointing ritual of the "right kings", in this case, the descendants of Joseph.

So, the religion of the British was a mixture of their own identity (Joseph) with Judah (in this case, with Yeshu -Jesus-) as one. This is why it was not properly identified as "Christian".

In 1776 about 90% were still Anglican in England

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2014 01:41 am
@carloslebaron,
It's really refreshing to get a short history of Bretannikē/Albionum together with one about the Ecclesia Catholica Romana in Britannia and the Ecclesia Anglicana, combined with background information about the Battle of Britain.
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2014 09:14 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Before we go any further, I wonder whether David would like to answer this:

If William the Conqueror's invasion and subsequent occupation of England could be justified, can NASA , the conqueror of the Moon, justify itself as the owner of the territory of the natural satellite of the Earth?