The return of Jesus would be the end of Christianity.

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 11:00 pm
@Arcades,
Arcades wrote:
My writing has been called babble so many times that it should be a warning label on the cover of my book: contains big words declensed in unexpected ways . And sentence structure that is grammatically correct, but is not designed for the intellectually myopic. . . .
I hope u spelled it fonetically.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 04:20 am
@Arcades,
Arcades wrote:

My writing has been called babble so many times that it should be a warning label on the cover of my book: contains big words declensed in unexpected ways . And sentence structure that is grammatically correct, but is not designed for the intellectually myopic. Wait I can fix this: pop culture references anyone? Mommsen was asked why his history of Rome was such a difficult read . He replied: because it was written for men, and not for boys.

Yeah, people who cannot explain things in reasonable, coherent ways often resort to the notion that their audience is intellectually incapable of understanding difficult concepts.

The problem is in your thesis, Arcades...not in your audience.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 04:25 am
@Arcades,
Arcades wrote:

My writing has been called babble so many times that it should be a warning label on the cover of my book: contains big words declensed in unexpected ways .

Better yet, you should use it as a wake up call.

Is "declensed" on of those "big words used in unexpected ways?"

Quote:
And sentence structure that is grammatically correct, but is not designed for the intellectually myopic.

Oh, the irony is almost too much to enjoy!

0 Replies

Gravis

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 06:21 am
@Cyracuz,
No this is simply wrong, and you know it! Stupid, stupid man.
Gravis

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 06:22 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Proof? Isn't this a conversation of faith?
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 06:30 am
@Gravis,
Gravis wrote:

No this is simply wrong, and you know it! Stupid, stupid man.

Is that "stupid, stupid man" really necessary...or is it merely one facet of your way of coping with your existence?

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 06:31 am
@Gravis,
Gravis wrote:

Proof? Isn't this a conversation of faith?

"Faith?"

What is "faith?"

And who are you to decide what this conversation is or is not about?

Gravis

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 06:32 am
@Frank Apisa,
If I repeat "stupid" many times it gets a better feel to it. Repeating is underated.
Gravis

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 06:34 am
@Frank Apisa,
What is the question?
And what is you absolute favourite question?
And who are you to ask these questions?
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 06:41 am
@Gravis,
Gravis wrote:

If I repeat "stupid" many times it gets a better feel to it. Repeating is underated.

Accusing someone like Cyracuz of stupidity once...is already over the top.

Get over yourself.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 06:42 am
@Gravis,
Gravis wrote:

What is the question?

You know the question.

Quote:

And what is you absolute favourite question?

Whatever I am asking at the moment.

Quote:

And who are you to ask these questions?

Frank Apisa.

Who are you?
Gravis

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 06:50 am
@Frank Apisa,
Gravis.

A pleassure to meet you.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 06:58 am
@Gravis,
Gravis wrote:

Gravis.

A pleassure to meet you.

Pleasure to meet you also, Gravis.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 07:36 am
Quote:
WorldTraveller asked: How is it that all of the non-believers are all attracted to the Christian and religious threads? If I were an atheist or a non-believer in Jesus I would not even bother writing anything in these threads.

You would if you were an atheist, agnostic, commie, pervert or fairy queen worshipper, because shouting insults at Jesus like schoolyard brats is how they get their kicks!
But they can't get under the bibles radar..Smile-
"They make a noise like a dog, but thou O Lord shalt laugh at them; thou shalt have all the heathen in derision" (Psalm 59:6)
Right Lassie?

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/lassie2_zps62dcde9b.jpg~original
0 Replies

worldtraveler24

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 08:18 am
@neologist,
Neo,

Not exactly--Sorry to disagree with the witness's dogma but the scripture teaches that hell is real and you all apparently deny its existence. The scripture emphatically states that Jesus is "the Son of God" yet you people see Him as an angel. The Bible specifically speaks about the 144,000 from the 12 tribes of Israel yet you all say that those are the only ones going to heaven. It sounds to me that there is a bit of contradiction in your dogma yet you feel fearless to continue spouting something that is not support by scripture.

If you are going to read any of the scriptures and believe any of them you have to believe them all or you are simply picking and choosing what you want to believe and that does not change anything. Reality is something quite different.

I know that the truth of God's word is not popular -but from a purely scholastic stand point read and accept the scripture for what it says.

With all that written, why do you not believe in hell? On what is your non-existence of hell belief founded?

How can you reject the multiple scriptures that teach that there is a hell?

neologist

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 11:32 am
@Arcades,
Arcades wrote:
My writing has been called babble so many times that it should be a warning label on the cover of my book: contains big words declensed in unexpected ways . And sentence structure that is grammatically correct, but is not designed for the intellectually myopic. Wait I can fix this: pop culture references anyone? Mommsen was asked why his history of Rome was such a difficult read . He replied: because it was written for men, and not for boys.
Ironic, ain't it?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 11:34 am
@worldtraveler24,
Why did the Israelites not have a concept of hellfire?

And why were Adam and Eve not warned of it?
worldtraveler24

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 01:07 pm
@neologist,
The Israelites did have a concept of hell:

Daniel 12:2: "Many of those who sleep in the dusty ground will awake – some to everlasting life, and others to shame and everlasting abhorrence. 3 But the wise will shine like the brightness of the heavenly expanse. And those bringing many to righteousness will be like the stars forever and ever."

Adam and Eve were warned that in the moment they ate of the fruit they would surly die. --God warned they of the consequences of being in rebellion of His word.

It is difficult to argue in silence on something that is not written; that on the other hand does not mean that they were not warned. How can you prove that they were not warned?
neologist

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 03:37 pm
@worldtraveler24,
worldtraveler24 wrote:
The Israelites did have a concept of hell:
Of course.
But not hellfire.

worldtraveler24

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2014 01:37 pm
@neologist,
Then what was their concept of such a place?