The return of Jesus would be the end of Christianity.

Jewels Vern

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2018 03:11 pm
@Cyracuz,
If you want to discuss Christianity youo just have to learn about Christianity. Applying your own logic to baloney that you have heard from random preachers will get you nowhere.

It is not reliable to let people tell you what the bible says. Many people will make up stuff because they don't know what it says, and many will make up stuff because they wish it would not say what it says. You just have to read it for yourself. Read a chapter of Proverbs every day. Proverbs has 31 chapters so you can keep your place by just looking at a calendar. There is no religion or nothing in Proverbs and you don't have to believe anything. Just read to find wisdom. When you are comfortable with that, then read the bible from Romans to 2 Thessalonians over and over until you start to remember what it says. That is the part that applies to Christians.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2018 03:15 pm
@Jewels Vern,
Cyracuz, Don't waste your time on the Bible. There are too many errors, omissions, and contradictions. Just follow this simple rule: "treat all living things with respect and dignity." Since this is a very subjective statement, live by it according to your own concept of what is right and wrong. What more is needed?
0 Replies

NO-NAME

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2019 04:36 pm
@Jewels Vern,
Wisdom is not found by reading books
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2019 05:15 pm
@NO-NAME,
Is that why you're so ignorant?
Lucian Hodoboc

Reply Sun 13 Jan, 2019 07:30 am
@Cyracuz,
I don't think that Christians would demand proof in the form of miracles. The Bible describes the context and the manner in which the Second Coming will take place. If those events were to take place as it says in the Bible, most people would believe Him.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 13 Jan, 2019 12:44 pm
@Lucian Hodoboc,
Why do you continue to believe in a book called the Bible that has so many errors and contradictions? It was written 2,000 years ago while humans have roamed this planet for some 200,000 years. Christians may not demand proof of any miracle, but their belief in the Bible is a contradiction. Also, are you a Jew, the chosen people of god? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chosen_people
0 Replies

NO-NAME

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2019 04:04 am
@cicerone imposter,
You must be one of those 400lb fat men hiding behind a computer with a mouth like that haha I bet your a pushover in person. And I guess Allen Watts is ignorant as well ? because he's who I quoted
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2019 05:37 pm
@NO-NAME,
What has my weight have to do with religion? If you really want a good discussion, provide evidence of where my understanding of evolution and human life is wrong? https://www.britannica.com/science/human-evolution
kimP

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2019 01:33 pm
@Cyracuz,
You're right...Jesus' return won't be well received by the religion which has developed in the time after the apostles and this is predicted in the Bible by Jesus himself...………

Luke 21:8
And he (Jesus) said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for MANY shall come in my name (ie/as brothers to my sonship...as "brethren"...as "Christians"), saying, I (Jesus) am Christ; and the time (of my return) draweth near: go ye NOT therefore after them.
0 Replies

Jantelagen

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2019 01:28 am
@Cyracuz,
But the Christians who would consider Jesus a fake would carry on with Christianity "as is" ..... no end of Christianity. On the other hand, Jesus is a false Messiah in the first place. The idea of a Messiah is from Judaism and His coming is meant to usher in certain happenings that Jesus did not fulfill. So if someone claiming to be Jesus were to come along (and there have been many) then Christians might (or might not) accept him. But it wouldn't really matter at all because Jesus isn't the Messiah anyway and he has nothing to contribute. When the Messiah comes (promised by Judaism) then there will be no question about it because what the Messiah will bring is already written down and it's no simple thing either. You see, anyone can claim to be a prophet and many acceptable prophets have come along ... but only one can be the Messiah, and you just can't fake that.
0 Replies

Jantelagen

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2019 01:40 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

What has my weight have to do with religion? If you really want a good discussion, provide evidence of where my understanding of evolution and human life is wrong? https://www.britannica.com/science/human-evolution

Well said, Cicerone Imposter!
0 Replies

Jantelagen

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2019 04:29 am
@NO-NAME,
NO-NAME wrote:

Wisdom is not found by reading books

"Wisdom"? No. But you can tell a lot about the author whose book he hopes will impress. If his/her words are full of the brown stuff then it is a good bet he/she is too.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2019 05:58 am
@NO-NAME,
NO-NAME wrote:

. And I guess Allen Watts is ignorant as well ? because he's who I quoted

Ah, Alan Watts, one of my favorite wise men that I like to quote. He was a true zen master, although he would reject the title, as any true zen master would.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2019 06:00 am
@coluber2001,
I always wanted to be like David.

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2019 04:23 pm
@izzythepush,
We must first begin with, how did Jesus get created? How did god get created? How many gods were created? When were these gods created? How old is planet earth? How old are homosapiens? Do we believe in evolution?
izzythepush

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2019 04:40 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I don't think you need any of that to appreciate the music of Ray Davies.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2019 04:52 pm
@Lucian Hodoboc,
How long have christians been waiting for the second coming? How much longer will christians have to wait? 2,000 more years? Nobody on this planet will remember 99.99999X1 billion% of us living today. Sorry; facts are sometimes difficult to accept. I don't know any of my ancestors going back 5 generations. I doubt many do. I also learned recently that Japanese are a combination of Tibetan and Han Chinese. I wish there was a way to go back further in my genealogy. All we know is that Homo sapiens originated in South Africa. Also, christianity resembles many of the religions of Greece and Egypt.
Jantelagen

Reply Tue 12 Mar, 2019 12:22 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

How long have christians been waiting for the second coming? How much longer will christians have to wait? 2,000 more years? ..................

That's the crux of Christianity and the indication that Christianity isn't all that credible. The birth of the Chrisitan doctrine lies in the very questions you have written down. Let's be honest: Christians are nothing more than Jews with limited patience. So rather than waiting for the Messiah (as it is written in the Jewish scriptures), a handful of Jews decided to create a new story with a new ending ... or should I say a new middle. Sure, to distinguish themselves Christians remove their hat rather than don a kippa, they attend service on Sunday rather than Friday/Saturday, they don't eat meat on Friday rather than shun what isn't kosher, but it's all made up to seem distant from Judaism. One day a number of Christians & Jews will get drunk and decide they've waited long enough and will proclaim someone else the Messiah or Jesus. But silly me ... that's already been done over and over again.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 12 Mar, 2019 01:13 pm
@Jantelagen,
I bet Fox News has a candidate already!
coluber2001

Reply Tue 12 Mar, 2019 01:43 pm
Hasn't Jesus returned in every believing Christian in the figurative sense? At least in the eyes of a Mystic Christian. And isn't mysticism the basis of all religions?
0 Replies